Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,547 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Disgusting! but the truth is, it doesn't matter, he's not black.

You obviously don't give a sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Like I keep saying on this thread. The police force needs reforming. Just because one black man dies it doesn’t make it a race issue. This is just an excuse to run amok. Led by the likes of BLM and Antifa.

Having said that If I saw police coming down the street like that I’d 100% be walking the other way. Go looking for trouble and you’ll find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Because that's exactly what it is.

How messed up is a country when the people must stay away from having discourse with the people assigned to protect because at the risk that they will be laid out with serious head trauma.

Its not....its me wanting common sense and self preservation.
    No need to try put me down when Ive already criticised myself for my own opinion.

Won't even make the news

It's trending on Twitter in the US now with 90K tweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Ya know what annoys me about myself?
    I think why the fcuk did he walk up to those cops?
    Nothing good can come of it.
    It sounds like victim blaming but to me im just thinking use your head,these coppers are all on edge dont put yourself in harms way.

Yeh they better hope he lives cos they fcuked up...again:rolleyes:

What if he was just walking home? IDK what he was doing with his cell phone, either, but this was fcuked. I want way more of a public explanation for this behavior. So far the BPD has already tried to simply say he "trip and fell," according to some tweets, I haven't seen any print.

• Advertisement

Won't even make the news

Sure..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

It's trending on Twitter in the US now with 90K tweets.

The cops name is trending too, and so is buffalo police

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Overheal wrote: »
    Sure..

Nothing about it yet, just all about George Floyd

https://twitter.com/gartmartin9/status/1268725155783741440?s=20

I'm not sure which officer they are referring to. I don't know which of the 2 officers has more or less culpability there honestly, if not the 3rd for physically aggravating the first with a hand on his back. If not most members of that squadron for shouting incitement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

What if he was just walking home? IDK what he was doing with his cell phone, either, but this was fcuked. I want way more of a public explanation for this behavior. So far the BPD has already tried to simply say he "trip and fell," according to some tweets, I haven't seen any print.

Well he didnt trip and fall by himself that for sure.
    He did look to have a helmet and try to talk to the cops.
    No excuse for what happened,I just think dont put yourself in that position when tensions are so escalated.
    So sad and unnecessary :mad:

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/gartmartin9/status/1268725155783741440?s=20

I'm not sure which officer they are referring to. I don't know which of the 2 officers has more or less culpability there honestly, if not the 3rd for physically aggravating the first with a hand on his back.

You know it won't get much attention though, 5 black people have been killed during the riots and looting over the past week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Is that not the same as what the other poster did in the Irish video?

Mod: Take 24 hours away from the thread, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

I watched the start of that clip many many times. He has a phone in his hand and he seems to be pointing to something; what looks like a bottle of water. Perhaps that's all he wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

You know it won't get much attention though, 5 black people have been killed during the riots and looting over the past week.

Well if they’re rioting and looting...it’s hard to feel sympathy.

Well if they’re rioting and looting...it’s hard to feel sympathy.

They were killed by the thugs.

Nothing about it yet, just all about George Floyd
    Won't even make the news

We get it. You suffer from Media Derangement Syndrome. Anything constructive to add?

We get it. You suffer from Media Derangement Syndrome. Anything constructive to add?

Yeah i get, you defending scumbags causing anarchy, blaming the cops for everything, and defending knob groups like blm and Antifa

Mod: @Overheal - quit it. Poster has done nothing I haven't seen you do in recent threads.

@everyone - back on topic please. I'm simply going to threadban dickish comments from here on in.

Yeah i get, you defending scumbags causing anarchy, blaming the cops for everything, and defending knob groups like blm and Antifa

Why do you think that a BLM group exists?
    And why do you think that it is a 'knob' group?

Tucker Carlson in rare form

https://www.mediaite.com/news/tucker-carlson-equates-corporate-donations-to-black-lives-matter-with-funding-riots-tired-after-a-long-day-of-looting-try-pepsi/

Compelling, though brief monologue about corporate involvement in the protest politics. I hope it isnpires MyPillow etc. to as Tucker suggests, donate directly to affected stores, not to the Black Lives Matter Foundation like eg. Pepsi has.

None of that is accurate. Except the bit about defending the BLM movement some.

• Advertisement

Why do you think that a BLM group exists?
    And why do you think that it is a 'knob' group?

Just look at the news, no one dare criticizing all the destruction that's been caused over the past week, lives and livelihoods lost, blacks people lives and business's lost too i might add. All over someone the media is painting out to be mother Teresa? What the cops did was disgusting, and I'm glad they've been charged like everyone else. But when does it end? they've gotten what they want.

That 'Neus Channel CNM' needs to be hacked of the air... inciting protests which they know right well will lead to violence,.and all because they hate Mr Trump. Absolutely unbelievable totally shocking behaviour. Gawwwwwd they have a lot to answer to!?!?

Mod: We get it. You don't like that "NEUS CHANNEL CNM". You've stated so in every single post.

Now that you've gotten that out of your system, I don't want to see it again.

But when does it end? they've gotten what they want.

Not exactly. Charges, in the vast majority of cases, will not stick to a cop for police brutality. This is a movement, now, in every sense of the word, that stretches from China to Alaska to Iran with people who know who George Floyd is. People will be following their murder trials, and the appeal, and the appeal of the appeal, and the supreme court decision, and laws passed in his name, to determine whether the system in his case delivers justice. More than that, justice for all the other victims of police brutality, just as surely as the system already confidently will pursue and prosecute looters and rioters. Around the world in the past week there have been fresh acts of police brutality against protests whose very purpose is to rebuke police brutality and demand improved oversight. None of that simply happens with the arrest of Officer Chauvin and 3 others in Minneapolis. This is just the start of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

2u2me wrote: »
    I watched the start of that clip many many times. He has a phone in his hand and he seems to be pointing to something; what looks like a bottle of water. Perhaps that's all he wanted.

Haha. He was fairly confrontational in his approach and interaction. It could be interpreted as a grabbing motion although he couldn't really grab anything from the officer with a phone in his hand. Still a pretty dumb move to confront riot police. It reminded me of the HK protestor who grabbed at an officer's gun and got shot for his troubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

14 million views in 2 hours, I think its safe to say this story is already massive.

Tucker Carlson in rare form

Is that you agreeing with Tucker Carlson? I'm screenshotting that! :pac:

I think he has a genuine point about this being more of a class war then a race war, the corporations and media are spinning this.
    "You are hearing that message from virtually every American corporation right now, every university, every major media outlet. The rioters burning down your city with the support of virtually everyone richer than you, are ‘unheard’, you, by contrast, are the oppressor and if you disagree in any way, we are going to fire you and wreck your life.”

Not exactly. Charges, in the vast majority of cases, will not stick to a cop for police brutality. This is a movement, now, in every sense of the word, that stretches from China to Alaska to Iran with people who know who George Floyd is. People will be following their murder trials, and the appeal, and the appeal of the appeal, and the supreme court decision, and laws passed in his name, to determine whether the system in his case delivers justice. More than that, justice for all the other victims of police brutality, just as surely as the system already confidently will pursue and prosecute looters and rioters. Around the world in the past week there have been fresh acts of police brutality against protests whose very purpose is to rebuke police brutality and demand improved oversight. None of that simply happens with the arrest of Officer Chauvin and 3 others in Minneapolis. This is just the start of the road.

Don't know about the other 3 officers, but Chauvin will definitely do time, a lot, and rightfully so.

“Tonight, after a physical altercation between two separate groups of protesters participating in an illegal demonstration beyond the curfew, two Buffalo Police officers knocked down a 75-year-old man. The victim is in stable but serious condition at ECMC. I was deeply disturbed by the video, as was Buffalo Police Commissioner Byron Lockwood. He directed an immediate investigation into the matter, and the two officers have been suspended without pay. After days of peaceful protests and several meetings between myself, Police leadership and members of the community, tonight’s event is disheartening. I hope to continue to build on the progress we have achieved as we work together to address racial injustice and inequity in the City of Buffalo. My thoughts are with the victim tonight.”

https://twitter.com/NYGovCuomo/status/1268739684504604673?s=20

https://news.wbfo.org/post/graphic-video-buffalo-police-officers-suspended-after-violently-shoving-man-ground

kowloonkev wrote: »
    Haha. He was fairly confrontational in his approach and interaction. It could be interpreted as a grabbing motion although he couldn't really grab anything from the officer with a phone in his hand. Still a pretty dumb move to confront riot police. It reminded me of the HK protestor who grabbed at an officer's gun and got shot for his troubles.

A dumb move no doubt, but he was just a frail old man. If it was a young antifa activist I probably wouldn't have much sympathy. He could barely walk properly.

• Advertisement

kowloonkev wrote: »

This reads like a Fox News aptitude test.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement