Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭joseywhales

he broke social distancing laws
    he ignored police warnings
    impeded riot police doing their job

he deserved it.

Tell me would you during this pandemic be out there impeding riot police ?
    Would you refuse to get out of the way of oncoming riot police

Enlighten me.
    Have you never heard of the term minimum effective force. Police are supposed to use minimum force to achieve order. Also those riot police work for the citizens, they are employees of the people, what would happen if you knocked your boss over like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

We can't be seen playing favourites now can we boys? We know they're our friends, they're carrying guns so no tear gassing these old boys.

https://v.redd.it/1mdkx1ut13351

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Have you never heard of the term minimum effective force. Police are supposed to use minimum force to achieve order. Also those riot police work for the citizens, they are employees of the people, what would happen if you knocked your boss over like that?
    he was asked to move,

he was not shot
    he was not tear gassed
    he was not hit by a baton

he got a push , and if was that frail he should not be out there impeding officers doing their job

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

old fossil ignores the social distancing laws

then ignores warnings from the police

impedes oncoming riot police who are armed.

he is not shot, nor battered but pushed out of the way of the police he is impeding, but snowflakes says its the police fault.

That's right, the police forced that old man to get out of bed and join the protesters.
    The police forced the old man to ignore warnings
    The police forced him to impede the cops.

all the police fault it seems, nobody is responsible for their own actions, lets blame the police for everything.

I blame the police for the fact that the elderly man is in a hospital in serious condition.

So too does their mayor, who suspended them. The list of people defending them is very short.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

actually they work for the law abiding citizens
    they work against the un lawful citizens disrupting the peace.

thats why you can sit at home tonight typing on boardsie eating treats , cos there are cops working so the baddie doesnt come and nick your maltesers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Odhinn

walshb wrote: »
    Walk around him. He went to them. He chose his actions..

How about he not challenge cops in riot gear?

So, the cops now are to walk around every possible threat they face, every person who impedes them, challenges them, approaches them, refuses to comply with them?

What sort of law and order do you want? Because it sounds like you want people to be able to do and please as they like.

Jesus forfend an elderly man should not fear for his safety when encountering the forces of law and order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

peddlelies wrote: »
    Why do you think that is? 13% of the population are African American, so the real figure is half of that number ( 6-7% of population committing over half the murders in the US ).

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-black-americans-commit-crime
    Did you just try and argue that women don't commit murder?

RIGOLO wrote: »

thats why you can sit at home tonight typing on boardsie eating treats , cos there are cops working so the baddie doesnt come and nick your maltesers...

It is a constitutional right to assemble peacefully. That man made no violent action.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Odhinn wrote: »
    Jesus forfend an elderly man should not fear for his safety when encountering the forces of law and order.
    He'll stay at home and watch Matlock in future

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

he is not shot, nor battered but pushed out of the way of the police he is impeding, but snowflakes says its the police fault.

That's right, the police forced that old man to get out of bed and join the protesters.

all the police fault it seems, nobody is responsible for their own actions, lets blame the police for everything.

Do you describe tour grandparents/parents this way? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

all these people who find fault constantly with the police must live in very nice houses in an area where no crime or scumbags exist.

who is it they call where there is trouble, who are the crying out for then.
    If their houses or businesses were being looted, robbed or burned their attitude would be different

The police have a tough job in this day and age where more people that ever disrespect the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

the old fossil
    1. ignored police warnings
    2. impeded the oncoming police
    3. and did so during a pandemic where he not only ignored social distancing rules, but at his age was prone to not only having corona, but spreading it.,

What does his age have to do with spreading covid19?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

If he came for my maltesers I would have to forget all my lefty snowflake ideas and go full Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Do you think it’s appropriate to push an old man over?

Do you describe tour grandparents/parents this way? :rolleyes:

my grandparents who were law abiding people are dead, my parents observe the laws and are not stupid enough to confront police doing their jobs.
    Nor am I.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

Did you just try and argue that women don't commit murder?

No but the ratio is like 8:1. I don't dwell on semantics, add a couple percent to the figure I said if it makes you feel better.

Exceptions that prove the rule? I think largely men are the victims surely we can agree?

Yeah, I can agree with that.

For a second, let's think.. the old man does instigate the situation and deserves the push.... What would the report be like to your station, "we were engaged by a man when we told them to clear the area"?

Guess again.. "He tripped and fell". Innocent people don't tell lies.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JeffRussoWKBW/status/1268712651292643334

joe40 wrote: »
    If he came for my maltesers I would have to forget all my lefty snowflake ideas and go full Trump

what... you mean your going to give them a job and let them get on with being a productive law abiding member of society... good on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Odhinn

what... you mean your going to give them a job and let them get on with being a productive law abiding member of society... good on you.

Who is "them"?

• Advertisement

correct me if I am wrong but I thought social gatherings were illegal due to the pandemic.

so even if the protesters were "peaceful" which they were not, they were still breaking the law.

Is this also the fault of the police ?

correct me if I am wrong but I thought social gatherings were illegal due to the pandemic.

so even if the protesters were "peaceful" which they were not, they were still breaking the law.

Especially with all those pesky oap’s spreading their disease, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Actually the Gardaí that we have here didn't go out and start busting heads and gassing people on O'Connell Street the other day, which meant things never escalated, and we can sit here nice and peaceful because of it without having to worry about a riot going on in town.

Meanwhile in the US, they are gassing and shooting at not just rioters and looters, but peaceful protesters and full scale peaceful protests, journalists, medics, and anyone else in sight. No wonder the people are lashing back at them. Even many of their uniforms are Black and Tan.

all these people who find fault constantly with the police must live in very nice houses in an area where no crime or scumbags exist.

who is it they call where there is trouble, who are the crying out for then.
    If their houses or businesses were being looted, robbed or burned their attitude would be different

The police have a tough job in this day and age where more people that ever disrespect the law.

Are you talking about Ireland or the US. I have very little problems with the police here.
    There are issues but overall the vast majority of guards are a well trained professional police force.

Especially with all those pesky oap’s spreading their disease, eh?

Deflect, Deflect, Deflect

Actually the Gardaí that we have here didn't go out and start busting heads and gassing people on O'Connell Street the other day, which meant things never escalated, and we can sit here nice and peaceful because of it without having to worry about a riot going on in town.

Meanwhile in the US, they are gassing and shooting at not just rioters and looters, but peaceful protesters and full scale peaceful protests, journalists, medics, and anyone else in sight. No wonder the people are lashing back at them. Even many of their uniforms are Black and Tan.

Exactly minimum effective force, not force as a form of intimidation. We don't shoot people for mistakes on their tax return, even though they have broken the law

Deflect, Deflect, Deflect

Not deflecting at all. I asked you a question, you ignored it. Just checking you could see my posts ;)

Did you miss the protests the other week? Lads feeling they were living in a nazi United States because they were on lockdown and or being told to wear face coverings.. so they marched to their states capitol buildings armed with ar-15's to demand their rights back.. great bunch of lads!

I misssed the pictures of Bewleys windows beeing smashed in and Clerys being burned to the ground and the accounts of the fella who walked up and shot a Garda in the back of the head. Have to complement the Garda on their restraint given those circumstances.
    can you post up the pics..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

walshb wrote: »
    If I were the cops now I’d say, shag it, let all these do gooders who are slating us restore law and order. I’m going home.

And lets face we'd be better off if some of them did just go home. Some of them already sent home by their boss, just too late

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement