Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

RIGOLO wrote: »
    it should be noted that police officers stop more houses of posters on boards from being robbed , than any other profession.
    it should also be noted that police officiers stop more loved ones of posters on boards being aassaulted , than any other profession

Who do you call when your being assaulted do you ring 999 or ICCL ?
    I expect when you do ring 999, you make sure to request a guard who has completed his diversity training.

You mean the guards in Ireland. No one is talky about the guards here. I for one fully support our gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

how long before some snowflake claims the irish language is racist due to the irish for black man ?

lol

How long before some snowflake claims that old people are worse for spreading covid19...oh wait, you already did.

...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,090 ✭✭✭Odhinn

yes indeed Im so supportive of them you will not be able to find a single post on boards where I actually mention them other than one recent sarcastic remark to say they are now called 'wearers of uniforms of earthy colours'

when are you going to roll out the N word (Germany 1936) and say Im one of them.

if a social justice warrior hasnt used that once in a day to label someone they disagree with, then its just not been a day where they expressed enough outrage

You might get back to me as regards this post
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113652301&postcount=6623

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Overheal wrote: »
    It should be noted that police officers shoot dead black people at a RATE 2.5x more than whites.

Statistics are always interesting depending on the base reference. This 2016 states that per interaction, a black person is 23% less likely to be shot than a white person, and a hispanic, 8% less. However, it does also say that black people are about 20% more likely to be on the receiving end of non-lethal force, and hispanics 26%. https://law.yale.edu/sites/default/files/area/workshop/leo/leo16_fryer.pdf

The two concepts need not be mutually exclusive, depending on what the causes are for the interaction in the first place.

I think higher testosterone levels have something to do it. Driving more aggressive and impulsive behaviour. Obviously only a part of the reason but in my opinion it is significant.

It seems like blacks have higher T compared with, for example, whites or Chinese immigrants. Hence greater proclivity to crime, and confrontational interactions with police that escalate .

Well that is as blatant a bit of racism as you're likely to find.
    I suppose intelligence levels are lower also.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

joe40 wrote: »
    You mean the guards in Ireland. No one is talky about the guards here. I for one fully support our gardai

what you mean you wouldnt walk right up in a confrontational manner and get right in the face of a guard who was patrolling a highly charged civil event.
    Thats very smart of you.. now if only every 70 year old American male had the same cop on .

how long before some snowflake claims the irish language is racist due to the irish for black man ?

lol

Hasn't happened yet, why should it happen.

https://thegeekygaeilgeoir.wordpress.com/

This is a funny story on that very thing. Have a read....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

How long before some snowflake claims that old people are worse for spreading covid19...oh wait, you already did.

...lol

I said he was old and prone to catching it.

Do keep up.

The geriatric should not have been out there ignoring police warnings and impeding police doing their job.

He got a push, and if his frail frame was not able to stand up to that, which he deserved, then he should not have been out during the pandemic.

I wont lose any sleep about a stupid old man with no regard for the law getting himself hurt regardless of how many people want to blame the police for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

he got pushed and rightly so.
    The fact he was that old and frail was on him, he should not have put himself in that position

I really hope you're not in a position of authority or one that requires empathy or integrity. Disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

yes indeed Im so supportive of them you will not be able to find a single post on boards where I actually mention them other than one recent sarcastic remark to say they are now called 'wearers of uniforms of earthy colours'

when are you going to roll out the N word (Germany 1936) and say Im one of them.

if a social justice warrior hasnt used that once in a day to label someone they disagree with, then its just not been a day where they expressed enough outrage
    You're virtue signalling again and trying to play the victim for something I never even said (again), to deflect from the fact that your initial point that Irish people should be grateful towards the American riot police for somehow keeping our streets safe from across the ocean was remarkably stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Odhinn wrote: »

and if I dont does that make me a waycist, a snazzi, a supporter of the black and tans or all 3...

Hasn't happened yet, why should it happen.

it was a joke...I thought the lol at the end might have been a clue

A bit of light hearted humour, but guess that was also lost on you

and if I dont does that make me a waycist, a snazzi, a supporter of the black and tans or all 3...

Everyone is entitled to free speech....unless of course your opinion does not suit the masses.

it was a joke...I thought the lol at the end might have been a clue

A bit of light hearted humour, but guess that was also lost on you

Fair enough, point taken.

Fair enough, point taken.

all good joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

yep the contrast is black and white

legitimately armed protestors heading to the state house to OPEN up business so peopel can make a living
    peaceful protestors heading downtown to burn down business and loot peoples livelihoods..

What color is the sky in your world?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Well that is as blatant a bit of racism as you're likely to find.
    I suppose intelligence levels are lower also.

This is always the point in which people stop taking your arguments seriously. But yes, people from sub Saharan Africa are not as intelligent as people from let's say Northern Europe.

It's a fact. A very inconvenient one.

I said he was old and prone to catching it.

Do keep up.

This is what you said:

‘and did so during a pandemic where he not only ignored social distancing rules, but at his age was prone to not only having corona, but spreading it’

Quite easy to keep up with your ignorance ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

So many people on this threat utterly disgust me.

Thankfully, these people are a minority. Most of us aren't victim blaming, sociopathic wasters that support assaulting an old man while he's evercising his constitutional right.

it should be noted that police officers stop more houses of posters on boards from being robbed , than any other profession.
    it should also be noted that police officiers stop more loved ones of posters on boards being aassaulted , than any other profession

I expect when you do ring 999, you make sure to request a guard who has completed his diversity training.

Awfully smelly custard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

This is always the point in which people stop taking your arguments seriously. But yes, people from sub Saharan Africa are not as intelligent as people from let's say Northern Europe.

Any source you can cite for this?

This is what you said:

‘and did so during a pandemic where he not only ignored social distancing rules, but at his age was prone to not only having corona, but spreading it’

Quite easy to keep up with your ignorance ;)

he is prone at his age to getting it, and once you get it you can pass it on.

Are you saying old people cannot spread it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,787 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

A co-founder of Reddit has resigned from his position and said his spot should be filled by a black candidate.

https://news.sky.com/story/alexis-ohanian-reddit-co-founder-resigns-and-calls-for-his-job-to-be-given-to-black-candidate-12001346

personally, i'd give the job to the best suited candidate

i suppose he's lucky that he's worth €70m. maybe donate half of that, put your money where your mouth is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

How many black Karen’s call 911 on white birdwatchers?

How many white birdwatchers state ‘I’m gonna do something you aren’t gonna like’ while beckoning someone’s dog towards them??

You're absolutely right, this is the point where people stop taking you seriously.
    You're back at Nazi Germany ideology, eugenics and all that. I certainly won't be wasting time with you.

Plenty of people I disagree with here but no one has come out with nonsense like that.

he is prone at his age to getting it, and once you get it you can pass it on.

Are you saying old people cannot spread it ?

Squirm squirm squirm

Thankfully, these people are a minority. Most of us aren't victim blaming, sociopathic wasters that support assaulting an old man while he's evercising his constitutional right.

Agreed. Here for the lulz.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

tigger123 wrote: »
    Any source you can cite for this?

Well one way of measuring intelligence is by IQ.

82a7261d-3a12-4feb-8468-f1897c2122d9.jpg

Sources from multiple studies at the bottom of the image.

https://www.worlddata.info/iq-by-country.php

How many white birdwatchers state ‘I’m gonna do something you aren’t gonna like’ while beckoning someone’s dog towards them??

How many black Karen’s call 911 because a white family is in a public park, bothering no one, having a BBQ?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,130 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

He showed have been at home, drinking cocoa watching Netflix and thinking about his college days and that night with the girl from Biology 101.

What a dope , 72 year old man standing in front of a line of police officers, who just before they donned their riot gear were thinking would they see their loved ones that evening or would they be tommorows headline that a no-name cop was killed by a protestor and no body give a crap.
    actually they work for the law abiding citizens
    they work against the un lawful citizens disrupting the peace.

thats why you can sit at home tonight typing on boardsie eating treats , cos there are cops working so the baddie doesnt come and nick your maltesers...
    thats a racist remark .. you need to be re-indoctrinated.
    its no longer the Black and Tans as thats insulting to minority groups, they are forthwith referred to as the 'wearers of uniforms that are 2 earthy colours'

Who do you call when your atacked ?
    Do you call BLM, ACLU or SLPC ?

The Chicago police force are taking the weekend off, will you be patrolling the streets there exercising restraint so a dozen black males arent off'ed by a
    dozen other black males, or will you be sleeping soundly in bed knowing you saved the world by getting outraged over some 70 year old who as someone else so eloquently put it, did a stupid thing and won a stupid prize.

Threadbanned

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement