Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Really would make you wonder about Coronavirus...Just a couple of weeks ago staying home and social distancing was "vital to the national public health"

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1268936285441359872

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Touching to see so many of these fine upstanding members of society honouring George Floyd in this way.

https://twitter.com/Bollocks_Dogz/status/1269027016134836230

look how quiet the thread got after posting that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

He shouldn't have approached the riot police when they are screaming at everyone to move, and he should have backed off when the first cop told him and he shouldn't have been grabbing at them or whatever he was doing. They pushed him lightly and he stumbled back and unfortunately hit his head.

I don't blame the two cops up until this point but I am.only after seeing the aftermath in which they just walk by him, wtf are they human or fcuking robots like who are they recruiting to be cops. I get that being a cop in America must absolutely suck but it seriously looked like mindless drones marching past the clearly injuries man.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,657 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Really would make you wonder about Coronavirus...Just a couple of weeks ago staying home and social distancing was "vital to the national public health"

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1268936285441359872

If that is real it is perhaps the most ridiculous display of cognitive dissonance I have ever seen.

Glazers Out!

This is the guy caught on video paying and directing Black people to riot.

https://twitter.com/thinkfree55/status/1268417620702892037?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

I used to think cops were unfairly judged, but seeing everything that's happening in recent days I think other people were right and cops are ruthless scumbags who believe they are above the law

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

Give it about two weeks and we can look to the US to see what happens when you have very large gatherings during a pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,792 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

ElmoLaw wrote: »
    no i certainly dont think so. and again where are you getting this info from. do you even have any idea of how politics works in ireland? are people voting based on quotos - no they are voting for candidates that align with their values or political party. GIVE ME A BREAK

https://data.oireachtas.ie/ie/oireachtas/libraryResearch/2018/2018-01-24_impact-of-gender-quotas-on-election-to-dail-eireann_en.pdf

gender quotas of who parties can nominate for election

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭ElmoLaw

oops... had no idea. so the party is obligated to put a certain percentage forward for election? i see!

still people are voting for the candidate they prefer but I see your reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Touching to see so many of these fine upstanding members of society honouring George Floyd in this way.

For LAW AND ORDER!

https://twitter.com/tomthunkitsmind/status/1269029819066580996?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Overheal wrote: »

What's wrong with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

In both cases, earlier promises to treat people equally were found to have been empty and so the more serious steps were taken.

By serious steps you mean discriminatory practices?
    Discrimination based on sex/gender/race is wrong in ALL cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

ElmoLaw wrote: »
    no i certainly dont think so. and again where are you getting this info from. do you even have any idea of how politics works in ireland? are people voting based on quotos - no they are voting for candidates that align with their values or political party. GIVE ME A BREAK

Do YOU have any idea about politics in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,557 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

They're rioters.
    The vast majority of people protesting have no time for these.

Here's a video of police supposedly planting bricks to be 'used' in the protest. Do you think that is representative of everything which is going on every where.

https://twitter.com/dontfollowmekaa/status/1267681111666315266

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

That is disgusting.

I saw a cop there kneeling on someone. It was white on white. What happened to George wasn't racism. It was police brutality. It wasn't racially motivated.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭ElmoLaw

Rodin wrote: »
    Do YOU have any idea about politics in Ireland?

a little bit but this is not a thread on irish politics

What's wrong with that?

Nothing if you’re blind and 2000 miles away I guess. Nothing to see there. Move along. Move along.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,557 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Rodin wrote: »
    By serious steps you mean discriminatory practices?
    Discrimination based on sex/gender/race is wrong in ALL cases.

Glad to see you go caps for the 'ALL' cases. Looking forward to you offering support to better qualified females who lost on a job to a lesser qualified mail applicant.

I'm not saying it is a long term acceptable practice, but I can understand why it has been implemented in some cases, even in doing so, it has forced people like your good self to get upset that discrimination is happening. That's a step forward.

"The people on the left are using us"

owlbethere wrote: »
    That is disgusting.

I saw a cop there kneeling on someone. It was white on white. What happened to George wasn't racism. It was police brutality. It wasn't racially motivated.

Yeah people said the Arbery murder wasn’t racially motivated either. That didn’t age well, btw.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/04/us/mcmichaels-hearing-ahmaud-arbery/index.html

So how positive are you, really, that it wasn’t racially motivated? There is no proving a negative here. I’d let the FBI do their job tbph. Americans are not wrong to protest police brutality, racial injustice, or both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Here's a video of police supposedly planting bricks to be 'used' in the protest. Do you think that is representative of everything which is going on every where.

https://twitter.com/dontfollowmekaa/status/1267681111666315266

That video has been explained.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Big boy tried to say his hand got broke by the guy looking to break that person free..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

The shelter she adopted it from confiscated the dog after the video emerged.

Lies.

They didn’t confiscate the dog, she gave it up voluntarily to be evaluated, everything was fine with her, and she was given back to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,646 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

JJayoo wrote: »
    Saw the clip of the cops 'pushing' over the old tall white guy.

From the reports I had heard I had assumed they flung him to the ground but that is about the lightest shove I have ever seen. Hopefully he is ok as he hit his head but the two cops are being demonised as if they smashed him to the ground.

He was 75 years of age, when you get to that age your muscles deteriorate, you slow down completely and you lose your sense of balance too. A small shove will cause an elderly person to fall over like a feather. A lot of elderly injuries are fractured wrists from trying to break their falls, in his case his skull took the hard hit.

A professional policeman would have realised his age and fragility and acted accordingly. The cop who pushed him over was just being a pure thug, a frail 75 year old man presents no threat whatsoever. If he was being obstructive then arrest him but dont push someone that age over so they crack their skull off the hard concrete, that is just scummy behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

This is the guy caught on video paying and directing Black people to riot.

>a campaign manager for Communist presidential candidate Bernie Sanders.

I'd take that with a pinch of salt

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Most of us here don't entertain anything that's posted on a clearly right wing racist Twitter account. There's your answer. Says a lot about the poster too that that's the kind of place he gets his "news" from.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

SAY IT AINT SO KRUSTY

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Muahahaha wrote: »
    He was 75 years of age, when you get to that age your muscles deteriorate, you slow down completely and you lose your sense of balance too. A small shove will cause an elderly person to fall over like a feather. A lot of elderly injuries are fractured wrists from trying to break their falls, in his case his skull took the hard hit.

A professional policeman would have realised his age and fragility and acted accordingly. The cop who pushed him over was just being a pure thug, a frail 75 year old man presents no threat whatsoever. If he was being obstructive then arrest him but dont push someone that age over so they crack their skull off the hard concrete, that is just scummy behaviour.

Personally I don't give a ****e what happens 3000 miles away

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

Those cops just don't look at all threatening with the bicycle helmets and tubby appearance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Those cops just don't look at all threatening with the bicycle helmets and tubby appearance

The girl took the baton off him. That must be why he is so pissed off.

That crowd certainly didn't look like hardened criminals either. Bit of restrained policing would have been more effective there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement