Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

As posted earlier, the nfl literally inctroduced a rule not allowing players to protest in the field.

Turns out the ACLU may have had a point.

https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/999339424545681411

You would consider that a threat on your life, despite the guy asking you to keep your distance from him, as this woman was claiming to the police?

The NFL introduced a lip service rule that they in no way, shape or form enforced.

No, but I would consider if a threat to my pet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

The NFL brought in a law prohibiting protesting.

They didn't enforce it but if you think that it stopped no one, can you explain why the numbers who protested before the rule came in versus those who protested after it came in were so different.

They weren’t arsed once they thought they had something to lose. Same happens with most bandwagoners. Fair play to the ones with the morals to continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

People jeering the police office getting knocked from the bolting horse. Scum. Like all these protestors, peaceful or not, are just pure scum.

What's scummy about a peaceful protest?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

walshb wrote: »
    Ok, I am saying it..

The police everywhere need to crush these thugs causing g mayhem..

And sorry, if you want to be smack bang in the middle of it all “claiming to be all peaceful,” then it’s your tough Sh1t...

These thuggish protests need to be stopped..

I think a google search for peaceful protest videos will be the comfort food you need to come down from that ledge.

na1 wrote: »
    First of all I wouldn't confront the police during riots.

And hopefully you'll never get your property looted or burnt, because some moron tries to obstruct the riot police which was heading to protect your home!

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

xtal191 wrote: »
    Another angle, scum throwing **** at the cops and horses

https://www.facebook.com/move.wiser/posts/3229286060456239

Supposedly one of them threw a flare at the horse that bolted off

Unless my eyes are deceiving me, there doesn't look to be a flair or smoke from a flair in both clips.
    What happened after it, when the officer is prone on the ground is disgusting. There's bikes being flung at the horses and missiles of some sort being thrown in the direction of where the officer is.

Has any more info surfaced about the blacks attacking the white fella here in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,557 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

na1 wrote: »
    First of all I wouldn't confront the police during riots.

And hopefully you'll never get your property looted or burnt, because some moron tries to obstruct the riot police which was heading to protect your home!

It wasn't a riot. It was a protest.

You know this.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,792 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

i'd be inclined to use vehicles instead of horse mounted cops in these heated situations. peta will be protesting next, with reasonable cause

Has any more info surfaced about the blacks attacking the white fella here in Ireland?

was there a racist attack? i havent heard anything in the media

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

The NFL introduced a lip service rule that they in no way, shape or form enforced.

No, but I would consider if a threat to my pet.

How many people kneeled before the rule, and how many kneeled after it?

Coupled with the blacklisting of Colin Kaepernick which they settled out of court with him over when he sued, it's very clear they were trying to deny players their first amendment rights.

No matter hwo you want to spin it, that's the whole reason they came out and offered a formal apology yesterday.

was there a racist attack? i havent heard anything in the media

Supposedly there was, a link from a white supremacist Twitter account was posted here the other night.

Anyone else spot the mug shots of the 2 Buffalo cops who nearly murdered that 75-year old?

They were apparently allowed to shower and shave and put on their Sunday best. Don’t know how many people are ordinarily given the pleasure; i certainly never hear of it.

Police working overtime to twist everything in the best possible light for themselves.

https://www.mediaite.com/crime/two-buffalo-cops-suspended-charged-with-assault-after-viral-video-shows-them-shoving-elderly-man/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Lol are you joking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭FionnK86

i'd be inclined to use vehicles instead of horse mounted cops in these heated situations. peta will be protesting next, with reasonable cause

I thought this myself after seeing the policeman knocked off the house in UK today. But if i was rioting i'd be less inclined to throw something at a cop on a horse, than one with a riot shield. I wonder if police training accounts for that.

Overheal wrote: »
    Anyone else spot the mug shots of the 2 Buffalo cops who nearly murdered that 75-year old?

They were apparently allowed to shower and shave and put on their Sunday best. Don’t know how many people are ordinarily given the pleasure; i certainly never hear of it.

Police working overtime to twist everything in the best possible light for themselves.

https://www.mediaite.com/crime/two-buffalo-cops-suspended-charged-with-assault-after-viral-video-shows-them-shoving-elderly-man/

Ah thats reaching! someone linked before trying to find the mug shot of a black person who committed a crime, but all that was on google was an innocent graduation photo or something. its par for the course!

like tiger wearing that over-sized shirt when he admitted having an affair. purely to portray the image of an innocence.

Lol are you joking?

???? Joking... About what wanting to know more info, plenty of time has passed for more info to come out about it, I'm interested to know if anymore has come out!

Ah thats reaching! someone linked before trying to find the mug shot of a black person who committed a crime, but all that was on google was an innocent graduation photo or something. its par for the course!

like tiger wearing that over-sized shirt when he admitted having an affair. purely to portray the image of an innocence.

Great big difference between media showing a stock photo and what the judge and jury see in the case report. As I said this is highly irregular and an exploitation of mug shots.

FionnK86 wrote: »
    I thought this myself after seeing the policeman knocked off the house in UK today. But if i was rioting i'd be less inclined to throw something at a cop on a horse, than one with a riot shield. I wonder if police training accounts for that.

i think what some people there are thinking: i'll aim for the horse to cause maximum mayhem.

especially if there is a crowd there. chances of the horse charging at you are so slim.

• Advertisement

Great big difference between media showing a stock photo and what the judge and jury see in the case report. As I said this is highly irregular and an exploitation of mug shots.

maybe someone else can chime in here, but that mug shot i was talking about has nearly been eradicated from the internet. cant find it via google.

all judges and juries should see the mug shot and nothing more (can see the defendant in person). I'd also do away with the victim impact statement, and character references. far too subjective.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

???? Joking... About what wanting to know more info, plenty of time has passed for more info to come out about it, I'm interested to know if anymore has come out!

The only thing I've seen since is a claim that the white teenager allegedly made racist remarks. It's probably best for both parties that this story just disappears.

maybe someone else can chime in here, but that mug shot i was talking about has nearly been eradicated from the internet. cant find it via google.

all judges and juries should see the mug shot and nothing more (can see the defendant in person). I'd also do away with the victim impact statement, and character references. far too subjective.

Are you talking about Ahmaud Arbery by any chance?

The only thing I've seen since is a claim that the white teenager allegedly made racist remarks. It's probably best for both parties that this story just disappears.

Fair enough! Leave it at that I guess.

Are you talking about Ahmaud Aubery by any chance?

that the one, Ahmaud Arbery. now that i've have read, he was the dude killed by the 2 white guys.

i think the point still stands though, media outlets portray people in a light that suits their political leanings.

that the one, Ahmaud Arbery. now that i've have read, he was the dude killed by the 2 white guys.

i think the point still stands though, media outlets portray people in a light that suits their political leanings.

You picked the worst possible example: there is no mug shot from February because Arbery wasn’t arrested, he was murdered...

Why should his past transgressions be used as his murder pic? He did crimes, did his time.. if people are never allowed to move past these, why do we have a justice system, prisons to serve time for crimes if we can never let them move on if they want to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Who do you think is worse funded, the police who still seem to be fully kitted out in riot gear, or nurses who have to wear plastic bags as ppe, or teachers who have to buy crayons for their kids with money from their own pockets?

That's kind of like saying, "Sure look at Obama, Oprah and Shaq. Black people are doing just fine in America".

I've been reading about the police unions recently, they all seem to be asking for more money.
    Gear and equipment is pretty cheap relatively; the real cost is pensions, wages, insurance, etc..

You picked the worst possible example: there is no mug shot from February because Arbery wasn’t arrested, he was murdered...

so there are examples?

look, i'm simply saying that media release certain pictures that drive and support their political leanings.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,130 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Supposedly there was, a link from a white supremacist Twitter account was posted here the other night.

Just for everyone else's benefit particularly as search is not working someone did post something about this the other day. From recollection it was claimed to have happened somewhere in the West/South-West, but when challenged the poster who made the claim did not, I think, provide anything to back-up their claim

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement