Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,902 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Preaching is usually done from a pulpit not a high horse, but that's neither here nor there.

And I'm the condescending one...

Your message to me was "off you go" which is dismissive in the extreme.

You could have posted the full sentence instead of 3 words but why bother.

We're the ethnicities reversed in this video would you be suggesting it was staged?

I'm not dignifying this with a response. If you're trying to imply that I'm prejudiced or racist in any way, you get can get fúcked. End of discussion.

I have posed simple questions to you.

You have refused to answer them, instead you have engaged in condescending and now openly abusive behaviour in response, punctuated with "end of discussion", you have essentially reinforced everything I said about how you responded to me.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

nullzero wrote: »
    What was your point then?

Final post on this clip topic!!!

Violence among teenagers happens, from what has come out on this thread, it's a black guy and a white guy beating a white guy because he posted some #whiteouttuesday post somewhere.. yes the violence is disgusting I don't dispute this, especially the kick to face, I know from personal experience of doing this onto someone.

The context in which this clip has been posted on this thread was "black guys beating a white guy" which as we know now is false?????? You are taking the position of condemning "regular" violence in a thread about racial issues, it's fcuking weird!

We agree violence is wrong, I don't no what else there is to talk about this clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,902 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Final post on this clip topic!!!

Violence among teenagers happens, from what has come out on this thread, it's a black guy and a white guy beating a white guy because he posted some #whiteouttuesday post somewhere.. yes the violence is disgusting I don't dispute this, especially the kick to face, I know from personal experience of doing this onto someone.

The context in which this clip has been posted on this thread was "black guys beating a white guy" which as we know now is false?????? You are taking the position of condemning "regular" violence in a thread about racial issues, it's fcuking weird!

We agree violence is wrong, I don't no what else there is to talk about this clip.

I must have missed where the premise of the motivation of this attack had been proven to be false. As far as any of us know this hasn't been confirmed or denied as a "black on white" racial attack. My understanding was that the exact background of this video was still a matter of some conjecture.

How is condemning "regular" violence "****ing weird" in any context? (I might point out that you have done the same thing yourself in the post I'm currently quoting).

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭Christy42

I see Buffalo police are doubling down and applauding their colleagues who bravely struck down an elderly man. Still seems like a lot of bad apples.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Acyn/status/1269322620316442625

nullzero wrote: »
    I must have missed where the premise of the motivation of this attack had been proven to be false. As far as any of us know this hasn't been confirmed or denied as a "black on white" racial attack. My understanding was that the exact background of this video was still a matter of some conjecture.

How is condemning "regular" violence "****ing weird" in any context?

Have a look at the pics, not to far back.. one is black and one white (attackers) from what I see.

How do you claim racism when there is a white on white??? If you want to argue that it is racism, there isn't any hope for that logic in a court of law. It stands to reason the victim was racist based upon the evidence that is on this thread, does it justify him being attacked???? NO!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭celticWario

Is this the video?

https://twitter.com/dementeddivil/status/1268673939670216705?s=20

3 strong kicks at the start very clear with the third one defiantly strong enough to cause a concussion. After that we can only hear and not see what's happening.
    Well I just seen a child getting stabbed by African scum in Cork you lefty scum defending these scum can **** right off! This is what you wanted and now you got it! Hope your happy and enjoy defending these animals! Criminals the lot of them! Same for the Antifa scum on here!

https://twitter.com/ProfWolfhound/status/1269415412023939076?s=19

Their own fault for being racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,709 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Christy42 wrote: »
    I see Buffalo police are doubling down and applauding their colleagues who bravely struck down an elderly man. Still seems like a lot of bad apples.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Acyn/status/1269322620316442625

I don't think so. I think they are correct in this case.

That man fell over quite theatrically and managed to bang his head in the process as I see it.

A lot of nonsense going on and police getting dogs abuse doing their jobs.

Need to separate stunts (in this case gone wrong) from reality in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

The context in which this clip has been posted on this thread was "black guys beating a white guy" which as we know now is false??????

To be fair I think that is one of the points of why that clip is being shared around.

Floyd's death is being painted as a racist attack as well, yet these are pictures of two of the officers charged.

200603215801-j-alexander-kueng-mugshot-exlarge-169.jpg
    J. Alex Kueng Minneapolis Police Officer Ethnicity – BLACK

200603215911-tou-thao-mugshot-exlarge-169.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I don't think so. I think they are correct in this case.

That man fell over quite theatrically and managed to bang his head in the process as I see it.

A lot of nonsense going on and police getting dogs abuse doing their jobs.

Need to separate stunts (in this case gone wrong) from reality in my opinion.

Jesus.
    What a take.

2u2me wrote: »
    To be fair I think that is one of the points of why that clip is being shared around.

Floyd's death is being painted as a racist attack as well, yet these are pictures of two of the officers charged.

I don't know why you can't grasp this.

The protests are about an inherent racist culture within police forces in America.
    If that culture exists, do you think that it is possible that even non-white people within the force might come to think that it is normal behaviour?

• Advertisement

I don't know why you can't grasp this.

The protests are about an inherent racist culture within police forces in America.
    If that culture exists, do you think that it is possible that even non-white people within the force might come to think that it is normal behaviour?

You are so close here! YES without the racist part.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,018 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

That this doesn't continue being a recurring event.

You know this.

you cant keep smashing the place in case something happens in the future.

the people have been charged for their (alleged, until found guilty) crimes.

at a basic level, what else do they want? (like i want to win the lotto). what more, tangibly, do they want?

ETA: why dont they mobilise across the country, nominate 2 from each state (or whatever), and contest the elections?

200603215801-j-alexander-kueng-mugshot-exlarge-169.jpg
    J. Alex Kueng Minneapolis Police Officer Ethnicity – BLACK

200603215911-tou-thao-mugshot-exlarge-169.jpg

I mistakenly posted on this thread that it was racially motivated, I was wrong, I held my hands up right away when I was corrected and rightfully so!!!

George Floyd's death was at the hands of police brutality pure and simple, if something comes forward then things change. It's police brutality right now.

Jesus.
    What a take.

It's perfectly clear watching the video what has gone on there. The man is looking for confrontation, gets jolted back, intentionally stumbles over and manages to bang his head.

The police know they have barely touched him (you can tell by their reactions), they also know he has been told to move back and hasn't.

Don't get in (advancing) riot police' faces would be common sense to most but not all sadly.

It's perfectly clear watching the video what has gone on there. The man is looking for confrontation, gets jolted back, intentionally stumbles over and manages to bang his head.

The police know they have barely touched him (you can tell by their reactions), they also know he has been told to move back and hasn't.

Don't get in (advancing) riot police' faces would be common sense to most but not all sadly.

I don't know if you recognize me from posting on Boards, if you do, you probably know that I am no stranger to arguing a point.
    In this case, I have no interest in doing so if the starting point of someone else is that this was an attempt at being dramatic by a 75 year old man.

I mistakenly posted on this thread that it was racially motivated, I was wrong, I held my hands up right away when I was corrected and rightfully so!!!

George Floyd's death was at the hands of police brutality pure and simple, if something comes forward then things change. It's police brutality right now.

I wasn't directing that at you specifically, many are saying this.

There are surely milions of people on the ground and interntionally that still believe it was a racist attack though or just another example of systemic racism. Most of the media are still reporting it as such.

I have no interest in doing so if the starting point of someone else is that this was an attempt at being dramatic by a 75 year old man.

What was he doing?

He was clearly seeking confrontation.

What are the police suppose to do?

There is a load of nonsense going on.

You know it, I know it.

you cant keep smashing the place in case something happens in the future.

the people have been charged for their (alleged, until found guilty) crimes.

at a basic level, what else do they want? (like i want to win the lotto). what more, tangibly, do they want?

ETA: why dont they mobilise across the country, nominate 2 from each state (or whatever), and contest the elections?

What on earth has your desire to win the lotto to do with the motivation of people to protest in order to draw attention to something?

Why don't you listen when these people talk about the systemic racism they have experienced throughout their lives, this is them reacting to draw attention that this is unacceptable. And many white people recognizing this also are doing so to give the same message.

Protests are the public version of one partner in a relationship or someone in a workplace environment standing up and saying loudly that 'the way things are going is unacceptable'.

What was he doing?

He was clearly seeking confrontation.

What are the police suppose to do?

You know it, I know it.

I see your post, I am not going there.
    And know this, it is most definitely not because I know whatever it is you think I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭Christy42

On what planet is that barely touched. The guy on our right comes through with some force. The old man is obviously immediately off balance and doesn't intentionally stumble.

If he was told to go back then the officers should have arrested him. That seems like a common sense play instead of going into assault mode. That is their god damned job. If someone is causing issues then you arrest if possible. Given he offered no physical threat that seems easy enough. Simply put ignoring an officers order does not suddenly grant them they right to assault the man.

Never getting close to US police seems to be the most sensible thing to do though. I agree but would extend it to any circumstances really.

• Advertisement

Here's some nonsense, Canadian journalist gets arrested after leftist mob attacks him in Vancouver.

(Apparently conservative/libertarian/independant type) Starts 3mins 55seconds

Christy42 wrote: »

Never getting close to US police seems to be the most sensible thing to do though. I agree but would extend it to any circumstances really.

I disagree, I think that's a stunt that went wrong.

However, I do agree it's best to keep a distance from riot cops particularly in the US.

They don't mess around like here. And the reason for that is that law and order is a priority there and fundamentally they face bigger threats.

Being a cop over there is more dangerous than it is here.

I wasn't directing that at you specifically, many are saying this.

There are surely milions of people on the ground and interntionally that still believe it was a racist attack though or just another example of systemic racism. Most of the media are still reporting it as such.

I differ from your pov that there isn't a systematic racism in things, no I'm not going to provide figures to prove my point, I rather listen to first hand accounts of things, one is too many imo. I don't believe George's death was racism, it was brutality, the protests have taken on more then a face of just this, they've taken on a lot of societies issues the more relevant one is covid19.. you have the US gov pouring near 4 trillion dollars into the economy, who got most it? Not the people who lost their jobs because of lock down, big corps!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Well I just seen a child getting stabbed by African scum in Cork you lefty scum defending these scum can **** right off! This is what you wanted and now you got it! Hope your happy and enjoy defending these animals! Criminals the lot of them! Same for the Antifa scum on here!

This is the kind of utter vermin that's in the country now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,018 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

What on earth has your desire to win the lotto to do with the motivation of people to protest in order to draw attention to something?

Why don't you listen when these people talk about the systemic racism they have experienced throughout their lives, this is them reacting to draw attention that this is unacceptable. And many white people recognizing this also are doing so to give the same message.

Protests are the public version of one partner in a relationship or someone in a workplace environment standing up and saying loudly that 'the way things are going is unacceptable'.

again, what do they want to achieve? you dont blindly protest without a goal in mind,

i was drawing a comparison. my desire to win the lotto is a huge want of mine. my want doesn't make it so. i can shout and scream, i still wont win it (well ~1/8,100,000) - irish lotto that is.

what do the protesters want? and be specific if you can.

again, what do they want to achieve? you dont blindly protest without a goal in mind,

i was drawing a comparison. my desire to win the lotto is a huge want of mine. my want doesn't make it so. i can shout and scream, i still wont win it (well ~1/8,100,000) - irish lotto that is.

what do the protesters want? and be specific if you can.

I think the main goal is police accountability, at the same time I think it has become a bigger socioeconomic issue. Will it be addressed now? No absolutely not, that'll take a few generations. Does it negate their voice here and now? Also No.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭PhantomHat

I hope that young man will be ok. That was horrific.

Dan Dicks at BLM rally in Vancouver surrounded and assaulted by crowd gets arrested by police.

This is the direction I see us going in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭PhantomHat

PhantomHat wrote: »

I can't believe they filmed it aswell? Do not understand the mentality

• Advertisement

PhantomHat wrote: »

It was in another thread reported he is in hospital currently a little while ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement