Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,558 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Cupatae wrote: »
    Can you read between the lines? black lives matters never called for violence but they didn't discourage it either. You are in denial if you think there isnt an anti white agenda and black suprmisit undertone in these riots and right thru BLM, nobody of course can speak out about this because the masses of sympathics would burn them at the stake for it.

Americas problem isnt systematic racism which is a load of horse **** aswell imo, its right to the root police brutality.. Black people have every opportunity in the US a white person has,

Its hard to point out real racism these days because its used by the black community as such a crutch at this stage that anything negative to them is racism.

This is more suited to the conspiracy theory forum than even here.

Anti white agenda? What, by the millions of whites attending the protests?

Black people have every opportunity in the US a white person has?
    Explain then 44 white presidents, 1 Black.
    Or how about the fact there are only 3 black senators out of the current 100 sitting.

Haven't met a practicing Muslim that didn't deny they'd usher in sharia law to Ireland if given the chance.

I 100% believe that you have never had a conversation relating to sharia law with any Muslim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

jibber5000 wrote: »
    If the object is to disband one city's police force they will hardly just leave it at that?

Of note Jacob Freys begging at the feet of the protestors and then being chased away was perhaps the most pathetic image of the weekend. Mob rule in full effect.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1269460338329739264
    I didn't see any chasing, he was booed by the crowd but no one chased him in any manner.

I'm sure a politician can handle booing and ultimately an election will decide his political future.

Fair play to him for coming to the demonstration and I do actually agree with his answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I 100% believe that you have never had a conversation relating to sharia law with any Muslim.
    Go ahead and be 100% wrong then.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'll be sure to tell my friend he's not actually a muslim because someone on boards said so.

Maybe ask him to explain to you what Sharia actually is. Hint: it's not what you think it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,556 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

niallo27 wrote: »
    Grew up in Clare, educated at LIT, NUIG and UL. So what your saying what I see as normal other people will see as a privilege. In Ireland I think no matter what race you are you would have the same opportunities as I did.

To a degree that’s true, But suppose two people apply for a job in limerick, with the same qualifications. Do you think John joe from Rathkeale or Fintan from patrickswell Is most likely to get a call??? That’s a small example but it happens. John Joe and Fintan can get the same primary, secondary and third level education here but that’s not what happens in the US by a long way.

The system in Ireland isn’t set up in such a way that disadvantages certain people as much as in the US but it’s not the system here that’s brought this problem to the fore.

The systemic racism in the US is Deep and well established. Plenty of information available on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

This is more suited to the conspiracy theory forum than even here.

Anti white agenda? What, by the millions of whites attending the protests?

Black people have every opportunity in the US a white person has?
    Explain then 44 white presidents, 1 Black.
    Or how about the fact there are only 3 black senators out of the current 100 sitting.

ur clutching there now... explain why china has had all asian presidents? why hasnt ireland had a black president yet?? or the uk? is the whole world racist?

Do black people have to be even with other races on everything even if they dont merit it? seems the popular opinion is yes these days.

Are you denying black supremacists in BLM and are you saying there isnt any sort of an anti white undertone in this whole thing?

If thats a conspiracy to you then were too far gone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

but theres never any protests for a more active police presence, for more enforcement which would rid these disenfranchised communities of crime, they're protesting to reduce police effectiveness in these areas and allow the crime to continue with impunity. 'Disenfranchised' communities want all the handouts and services but rarely want the same level of responsibility. The greatest thing the black panthers ever did for communities in America was acting as police and enforcing against drug dealers, pimps, thieves etc.. , they showed the world that when their own communities could reform that they could have a seat at the table for others to reform with them.

I had a conversation on Twitter last Saturday with a black man who has tweeted ‘Target and other stores, we coming to clear you out’. I asked him why and he said they were all “white” stores. I said that if they were looted and ruined that there be no shops or facilities in the neighbourhood. He said they would prefer black stores rather than white. I asked why did black people not set up stores, obviously they’d make money if people on that neighbourhood would use them. He claimed that the “white man” wouldn’t give them loans to set up shop. I asked why didn’t black neighbourhoods do when poor societies had done worldwide and set up community credit unions etc. Have black people help black people and with that improve the neighbourhood and set a good example. He called me a racist and blocked me.

That’s the mindset you’re dealing with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Haven't met a practicing Muslim that didn't deny they'd usher in sharia law to Ireland if given the chance.
    I'll be sure to tell my friend he's not actually a muslim because someone on boards said so.

So you met a grand total of 1?

ur clutching there now... explain why china has had all asian presidents? why hasnt ireland had a black president yet?? or the uk? is the whole world racist?

Do black people have to be even with other races on everything even if they dont merit it? seems the popular opinion is yes these days.

You made the claim that blacks have the same opportunity as whites but can't explain how they have made up 2.2% of US Presidents or 3% of current sitting senators. Instead of making a nonsensical comment about China, why don't you tell us you think they are so under-represented.

Or how about the fact that there are only 4 Black CEO's on Fortune 500 companies?

Maybe these figures is what constitutes equal opportunities to you.
    Are you denying black supremacists in BLM and are you saying there isnt any sort of an anti white undertone in this whole thing?

There absolutely are some black supremacists within BLM, but that would be like saying everyone in Ireland believes the climate is only controlled by God because Danny Healy-Rae says it. The movement as a whole is in no way driven by black supremacy or an anti-white agenda.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

Over 50% of Irish people are female yet we have never had a female Taoiseach, that's even more shocking than the American statistics on black politicians!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,019 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

To a degree that’s true, But suppose two people apply for a job in limerick, with the same qualifications. Do you think John joe from Rathkeale or Fintan from patrickswell Is most likely to get a call??? That’s a small example but it happens. John Joe and Fintan can get the same primary, secondary and third level education here but that’s not what happens in the US by a long way.

The system in Ireland isn’t set up in such a way that disadvantages certain people as much as in the US but it’s not the system here that’s brought this problem to the fore.

The systemic racism in the US is Deep and well established. Plenty of information available on it.

I am in no way an expert in the subject but do the Indian and Asian community not face the same challenges in the US as the black community, they have to work much harder to get ahead in life.

You made the claim that blacks have the same opportunity as whites but can't explain how they have made up 2.2% of US Presidents or 3% of current sitting senators. Instead of making a nonsensical comment about China, why don't you tell us you think they are so under-represented.

Or how about the fact that there are only 4 Black CEO's on Fortune 500 companies?

There absolutely are some black supremacists within BLM, but that would be like saying everyone in Ireland believes the climate is only controlled by God because Danny Healy-Rae says it. The movement as a whole is in no way driven by black supremacy or an anti-white agenda.

They didnt get elected thats why ? only 4 CEO's? they arent successful enough then? can you explain why i amnt a CEO? what color do i need to be for that or does it come down to the better person has the job?

Maybe the Asian lad is better suited to being a CEO than the black lad? should we hire the black guy to balance the "equal" opportunities? its ridiculous... if a black guy could make a company more money that his counter part based on merits he d be the CEO.

Should they do every 2nd president be black? regardless of merit? would that appease people then? the world will never be perfect and at the top it ll always always be extremely competitive.. not fair.

But that aside... black people make up the miniority.. in the country its shocking they dont have the majority of presidents... such a ridiculous example lol

They didnt get elected thats why ? only 4 CEO's? they arent successful enough then? can you explain why i amnt a CEO? what color do i need to be for that or does it come down to the better person has the job?

Maybe the Asian lad is better suited to being a CEO than the black lad? should we hire the black guy to balance the "equal" opportunities? its ridiculous... if a black guy could make a company more money that his counter part based on merits he d be the CEO.

Should they do every 2nd president be black? regardless of merit? would that appease people then? the world will never be perfect and at the top it ll always always be extremely competitive.. not fair.

But that aside... black people make up the miniority.. in the country its shocking they dont have the majority of presidents... such a ridiculous example lol

The American electoral system is set up in such a way that you have to be a millionaire/independently wealthy to get anywhere near power.

Thats the first obstacle.

Third level Education is extremely expensive so again been poor is a major roadblock.

The idea that American politics rewards merit is quite absurd. Just look at who is in the WH now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

plying for a job and wondering will their Moyross address affect their chances?

Theres a video of Mohammed Ali in an interview from maybe 50 years ago saying how everything good was white, Jesus, Santa, the White House, Snow white, etc while black was associated with evil or criminal activity, the black sheep of the family, to blackmail someone, to blacklist someone etc.

Just to add a bit of fairness.

white elephant =a possession that is useless or troublesome
    white night =a sleepless night.
    white wash = deliberately attempt to conceal unpleasant or incriminating facts about (a person or organization).
    a white bonnet = a fictitiuous bidder at auction.

Black Earth = fertile soil
    Black Belt = High efficiency in martial arts
    black coated = for the professional classes
    In the black = profit

2u2me wrote: »

white wash = deliberately attempt to conceal unpleasant or incriminating facts about (a person or organization).

In the black = profit

Ah heyor

joe40 wrote: »
    The American electoral system is set up in such a way that you have to be a millionaire/independently wealthy to get anywhere near power.

Thats the first obstacle.

Third level Education is extremely expensive so again been poor is a major roadblock.

The idea that American politics rewards merit is quite absurd. Just look at who is in the WH now.

Well he did a good enough job to convince people he was the man so ya it was on merit... that aside tho he had the country in good shape, its just its hip to hate on a trump.

Well they are roadblocks to everyone, its not third level education is expensive... unless you are white in which case its free... its a roadblock for all.

the graph of Americans in poverty by race and police killings by race overlap almost perfectly. Being poor in America is a leading indicator of your chances of being killed by police.

And being a man is bigger indicator more than anything else. Far more than race.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Another batch of people upset at the death of George Floyd.

https://twitter.com/m3lice_/status/1269687343130214401

In the black = profit

It just shows how ridiculous this notion of the poor black man being held back by the big bad white man lead system... its just horse ****.And a easy excuse for anyone not will to put in the work... just blame the system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

Tell me then why there is a big representation of the Jewish in the Unites Statian congress and on the millionaries list? Maybe they focus more on education.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Rockbeast2

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Another batch of people upset at the death of George Floyd.

https://twitter.com/m3lice_/status/1269687343130214401

And if the cops go near them it will be portrayed as racial profiling, police brutality, yada yada yada.

BLM is just an excuse for these scum to reveal themselves.

Careful we got a white bonnet in the room...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

Das Reich wrote: »
    Tell me then why there is a big representation of the Jewish in the Unites Statian congress and on the millionaries list? Maybe they focus more on education.

Globally, Jews represent less than 0.20%(about 15million) of the world’s population, but they have won 170 Nobel Prizes in total and the following shares of individual Nobel prizes:

• Economics: 41% (more than 205 times their share of the population)
    • Medicine: 28% (more than 140 times their share of the population)
    • Physics: 26% (more than 130 times their share of the population)
    • Chemistry: 19% (more than 95 times their share of the population)
    • Literature: 13% (more than 65 times their share of the population)
    • Peace: 9% (more than 45 times their share of the population)
    https://www.aei.org/carpe-diem/interesting-fact-of-the-day-jews-have-won-a-disproportionate-share-of-nobel-prizes/

I'm sure most people wouldn't say they have some super genetics, but that it's because of the importance their culture places on education.

Well he did a good enough job to convince people he was the man so ya it was on merit... that aside tho he had the country in good shape, its just its hip to hate on a trump.

Well they are roadblocks to everyone, its not third level education is expensive... unless you are white in which case its free... its a roadblock for all.

Yes, but the problem is the wealth inequality that disproportionately affects black people.
    You can argue that is there own fault, whatever.

The point I was making is that if if you grow up in poverty in the US your choices/opportunities are severly limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Over 50% of Irish people are female yet we have never had a female Taoiseach, that's even more shocking than the American statistics on black politicians!

And we have such talent to choose from,
    Doherty
    Madigan
    Fishwife
    Murphy, Verona
    Bailey etc etc

xtal191 wrote: »

That woman is a hero. That is really speaking truth to power; when there are actual consequences for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,019 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

That woman is a hero. That is really speaking truth to power; when there are actual consequences for her.

What consequences are there for her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I don't follow this all this much, seems like it's getting out of hand.

Apart from bringing an end to social distancing, what is the end game here? What needs to happen?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement