Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

conorhal wrote: »
    LOL! Good luck with that!

I too wish them luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Cupatae wrote: »
    Oh is that what were doing ? condemning em lol So far 20 people have been killed in the 2020 Riots.

Their lives don’t matter to the media or the “protesters” though.

They killed TWENTY people.

Anyone that supports BLM cause needs to have a word with themselves. I never realised how disgusting a group BLM were till all this kicked off, when u read into it see whats being done and said... its baffling the support it has racism is alive and kicking...literally

The police killed a thousand people in the US in 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Oh is that what were doing ? condemning em lol So far 20 people have been killed in the 2020 Riots.

Their lives don’t matter to the media or the “protesters” though.

They killed TWENTY people.

Anyone that supports BLM cause needs to have a word with themselves. I never realised how disgusting a group BLM were till all this kicked off, when u read into it see whats being done and said... its baffling the support it has racism is alive and kicking...literally

I don’t want to end up misquoted for the rest of the thread.

That was a direct reply to another post asking why the colour of an attacker was mentions in another comment.

Nothing to do with supporting or not supporting any movement/group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

thomas 123 wrote: »
    Victim was asked for 2 euro for the bus according to Facebook comments.

Some pretty nasty comments made by the attackers though.

And other reports say it was over weed. But if you have seen the other videos from this group they seem to regally gather to attack people. The stabbing just happens to be the most shocking.
    I don't understand why he was charged with robbery and with assault and not attempted murder. You would take there with be a harder approach taken with stabbing like this after what happened to Cameron Blair.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

KiKi III wrote: »

and?

• Advertisement

And other reports say it was over weed. But if you have seen the other videos from this group they seem to regally gather to attack people. The stabbing just happens to be the most shocking.
    I don't understand why he was charged with robbery and with assault and not attempted murder. You would take there with be a harder approach taken with stabbing like this after what happened to Cameron Blair.

Agreed, 17 is man enough to be trialed as an adult in my book. As the investigation goes on and more details emerge hopefully they will be charged as they should be.

Agreed, 17 is man enough to be trialed as an adult in my book. As the investigation goes on and more details emerge hopefully they will be charged as they should be.

It should be attempted murder aswell, none of this GBH nonsense, they tried to kill that lad and only failed due to incompetence luckily enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

really, that's a crazy stat when you think about it

really, that's a crazy stat when you think about it

Its not really when u take into account how big the US is there gun control laws and how crazy a place it is.

It should be attempted murder aswell, none of this GBH nonsense, they tried to kill that lad and only failed due to incompetence luckily enough.

I don’t know if this conversation is for this thread but yeah, they thought they killed him and kept going if what is said in the video is to be taken as fact.

“Stop he’s dead”

But then again this is the banana republic in more ways than one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Why does it have to be black teens? It's a horrible situation however it occured but focusing on the fact they are black just shows societies underlying racism? Why focus on this one when there are stabbings across the country or is this one more significant because black people were involved?

The lack of self awareness in this type of post is truly astonishing. After weeks of absolutely everything being about race and skin colour now we are told not to bring race into it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Its not really when u take into account how big the US is there gun control laws and how crazy a place it is.

you don't think 1000 people dead at the hands of the cops in one year is remarkable,
    fair enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

I don’t know if this conversation is for this thread but yeah, they thought they killed him and kept going if what is said in the video is to be taken as fact.

“Stop he’s dead”

But then again this is the banana republic in more ways than one.

I also didn't realise that anyone would be given bail for such a serious attack but that was what the Garda recommended so he is currently out on bail.

I also didn't realise that anyone would be given bail for such a serious attack but that was what the Garda recommended so he is currently out on bail.

My god.

you don't think 1000 people dead at the hands of the cops in one year is remarkable,
    fair enough

Depends on context, were they all GF? kneeling on neck job, or were they self defense shooting back at dangerous people, its easy throw a number like that around to paint em in a bad light.

Could be a blessing in disguise he might get a dose of karma.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

fair enough

out of 325 million people. then it isn't really

internet tells me there are 10million arrests each year in the USA - 1000 isn't a big number

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

fair enough

Were all those people armed or unarmed....just asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

There's nothing equality about CEOs it's a ruthless competitive business being a CEO and only the best are going to get it, did ya ever think that maybe there weren't any up to scratch of better than there white , Asian , latino counterpart s?

Why is it instantly racial inequality? Could it not be they simple werent the best candidates ?

It ll be like south Africa soon there ll be black people in positions of power just to have black people in positions of power not on merit.

Your way of thinking is flawed also black people are the minority bare that in mind... I'd a similar discussion with someone wondering why it s been mostly white president s... Imagine that! The majority has more presidents! Shock and awe must be racism shur

Think of if like travellers here why hasn't there been a travellers president ? Discrimination ? Or not good candidates ? No traveller CEOs ? Again is it because of merit or instantly discrimination?

Yeah but you said that black and white people in the US have equal opportunity. Im pointing out that if that were the case you would naturally see black CEOs representative in numbers to their population in the US. They are about 13% of the population yet in the of 500 companies in the Fortune 500 index there is only 4 black CEOs, which is 0.75%, i.e nowhere near the 13% of the population.

Whats worse is that since 1955 there have only ever been 15 black CEOs in the Fortune 500. That is just 15 black CEOs in the last 65 years, why is that? Its very hard to argue that blacks and whites have the exact same opportunities in the US when a sample of 500 CEOs shows that they are vastly underrepresented in the Fortune index.

One of the current 4 black CEOs spoke last week about the opportunity gap that blacks suffer from and has acknowledged that he wouldnt be where he is without getting educated with white kids and someone giving him a leg up
    During Monday's CNBC interview, Frazier relayed his own story of growing up in inner-city Philadelphia in the 1960s, when he was bussed to attend a predominantly white high school. He said the “rigorous education” he received there—as one of just nine African American kids in a class of more than a thousand students—changed his life.

“I know for sure that what put my life on a different trajectory was that someone intervened to give me an opportunity—to close that opportunity gap. And that opportunity gap is still there. We’re not asking people to give everybody handouts, but we need to acknowledge that there are still huge opportunity gaps that exist in this country,” he said.
    https://www.fiercepharma.com/marketing/merck-ceo-frazier-speaks-out-racism-and-current-civil-unrest-america-tv-interview

So as he says himself he was very lucky, he was one of 9 black kids out of a class of 1,000 who got a leg up. That leg up allowed him to go to Harvard and now he is the CEO of Merck, the third largest pharma company in the US with a worth of $200 billion. Which rubbishes the idea that black people do not have the ability or ambition to succeed in that environment, clearly they do. What is missing is the opportunities for them to do so, as the CEO is saying himself. If blacks had equal opportunities with whites then you simply wouldnt see only 0.75% of them being Fortune 500 CEOs, it would be multiples of that figure.

Heres a visual representation of what most people are doing at the min, your not helping anyone by degrading your own race some of these sympathizers are absolutely pathetic.

https://www.facebook.com/terazwlaczmyslenie/videos/932912523835549/

I genuinely don't see how this is helping. That is not equality or anything like it. Pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

tensimo wrote: »
    an arab Spring feeling to the spread of the protests. hope it leasds to some real change
    IT might, a lot of those protesting are starting to test positive for covid

Expect to see more of this in the next few weeks
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/oklahoma-state-football-player-says-he-tested-positive-covid-19-n1224166

I genuinely don't see how this is helping. That is not equality or anything like it. Pathetic.

It's a cult.

It's a cult.

It’s a silly publicity stunt, don’t be so dramatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,827 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

paw patrol wrote: »
    out of 325 million people. then it isn't really

internet tells me there are 10million arrests each year in the USA - 1000 isn't a big number

1 is a big number when you are talking about law enforcement officers. 1,000 is a crisis.

It’s a silly publicity stunt, don’t be so dramatic.

I wasn't just referring to the people in the video....there's plenty of evidence that lends itself to cult behaviour over the past 10 days.

I wasn't just referring to the people in the video....there's plenty of evidence that lends itself to cult behaviour over the past 10 days.

Do tell...

Overheal wrote: »
    1 is a big number when you are talking about law enforcement officers. 1,000 is a crisis.

If a thousand people were killed by a terrorist organization they’d start multiple decades-long wars over it.

Do tell...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8p_pIAS_VQ

If you do reply to this post can you please refrain from cursing at me. Thanks.

If a thousand people were killed by a terrorist organization they’d start multiple decades-long wars over it.

Did you not just accuse me of being dramatic?

Care to show us why those 1,000 people were killed by police....any of them armed, we can start there.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »

Per capita they don’t seem to be an outlier

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_by_law_enforcement_officers_by_country

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement