Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

KiKi III wrote: »
    If a thousand people were killed by a terrorist organization they’d start multiple decades-long wars over it.

Oh wow.... definitely similar things.

If it had been a black lad stabbed by a white gang in cork, we d be tearing down statues now instead of letting the lad that beat and stabbed the white lad out on bail...but BLM at the moment we arent too pushed about other lives clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,720 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Why does it have to be black teens? It's a horrible situation however it occured but focusing on the fact they are black just shows societies underlying racism? Why focus on this one when there are stabbings across the country or is this one more significant because black people were involved?

Unfortunately there seems to be some racially back ground but its complicated as always ,

The same kid only the day before was recorded beating another helpless lad with a bottle ,
    The group of lads have been constantly causing trouble in the area and in there own words against " physically inferior white boys " claiming there a black gang with some stupid name .

Now to my knowledge even though this is the case they also hang around with some white lads (of course rougher lads they wouldn't **** with ) but when they get brave and attack younger more innocent youths they aren't shy of calling them " crackers and other slang words against white people"

Personally I don't think there racist but I think they cause trouble and then almost use racism against them a reason why they need to act up , Again in there words " showing white boys we are not to be messed with"

Its all sad and instead of white Irish giving out about black Irish people ,they should be just giving out about this "small " gang of gob****es,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Cupatae wrote: »
    Heres a visual representation of what most people are doing at the min, your not helping anyone by degrading your own race some of these sympathizers are absolutely pathetic.

https://www.facebook.com/terazwlaczmyslenie/videos/932912523835549/

That's disgusting. They were humiliating people because of their skin colour and because of being white. They knealt and kissed their shoes because they felt threatened to do so. Its disgusting and it has no place anywhere.

Did you not just accuse me of being dramatic?

Care to show us why those 1,000 people were killed by police....any of them armed, we can start there.

a nice clean number with no context is alot easier to use as a stick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

The framing is all that matters to these cult types...

How many of the 1,000 were men I wonder?

• Advertisement

Why does it have to be black teens? It's a horrible situation however it occured but focusing on the fact they are black just shows societies underlying racism? Why focus on this one when there are stabbings across the country or is this one more significant because black people were involved?

If you follow it through on Twitter, you will see he and his black friends attacked a number of teenagers in Cork in a few days. The only reason was they were white as you will see from his rampaging videos and statements he took. He then proceeded to stab a person on the ground several times in the back.

How is he not been charged with attempted murder and multiple assaults ??

How is the cork community putting up with this and allowing an animal like this to be loose in their community. Only a matter of time before he stabs another innocent teenager to death. This is not adults he is attacking its children(because they are white). The adults needs to deal with it. This should be #1 news story. This is Ireland not the USA, white Irish children been attacked and stabbed because of their skin color.

I'm am utterly shocked that this person is still left to roam the streets of Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭larva

Police in the US are extreme but thats just because of the high crime rates and violent nature of their entire culture, both black, white and everything in between. their melting pot of multiculturalism isnt working and never will. The black lives matter movement is just crazy during the Covid pandemic, poeple shouldn't be out in the numbers they are unless given the all clear. Rioting, pillaging and more police confrontation, just more and more violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,746 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

If you follow it through on Twitter, you will see he and his black friends attacked a number of teenagers in Cork in a few days. The only reason was they were white as you will see from his rampaging videos and statements he took. He then proceeded to stab a person on the ground several times in the back.

How is the cork community putting up with this and allowing an animal like this to be loose in their community. Only a matter of time before he stabs another innocent teenager to death. This is not adults he is attacking its children(because they are white). The adults needs to deal with it.

I'm am utterly shocked that this person is still left to roam the streets of Cork.

The DPP will have to direct on any charges above what he has already been charged with.

Witcher wrote: »
    The DPP will have to direct on any charges above what he has already been charged with.

Their is a load more videos of him and his gang attacking other children around Cork. Parents throughout the country should be outraged at this. He should be in a cage for the next 30 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,252 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

How is the cork community putting up with this and allowing an animal like this to be loose in their community. Only a matter of time before he stabs another innocent teenager to death. This is not adults he is attacking its children. The adults needs to deal with it.

But you just know that if it the roles were reversed, and it was a black teenager that was stabbed by the white kid, there would be far more condemnation the length and breadth of the country. Especially at this particular "delicate" moment.

Scumbags are scumbags. It doesn't matter if you are white, black, Hispanic or albino. But we've set a dangerous precedent for ourselves that we can't call out thuggish behaviour for what it is out of fear of being called racist.

• Advertisement

But you just know that if it the roles were reversed, and it was a black teenager that was stabbed by the white kid, there would be far more condemnation the length and breadth of the country. Especially at this particular "delicate" moment.

Scumbags are scumbags. It doesn't matter if you are white, black, Hispanic or albino. But we've set a dangerous precedent for ourselves that we can't call out thuggish behaviour for what it is out of fear of being called racist.

If that was my child dying on the ground while he laughed stabbing him because he was White,......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

It appears fox thinks the killing of blacks and the protests/civil unrest that follows them is good for the stock markets...

https://mobile.twitter.com/KFILE/status/1269050348653731840

https://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/article/Fox-News-Black-deaths-stock-market-graphic-was-15322214.php

What a fcuk up, a serious hard facepalm for them. Whatever point they were trying to make it was lost.

How is the cork community putting up with this and allowing an animal like this to be loose in their community. Only a matter of time before he stabs another innocent teenager to death. This is not adults he is attacking its children(because they are white). The adults needs to deal with it. This should be #1 news story. This is Ireland not the USA, white Irish children been attacked and stabbed because of their skin color.

If it was my child anyway BLM would have a few more names to protest about. Outrageous that they were let out on bail, people wanna talk about systems being ****ed up they should look closer to home!

It appears fox thinks the killing of blacks and the protests/civil unrest that follows them is good for the stock markets...

https://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/article/Fox-News-Black-deaths-stock-market-graphic-was-15322214.php

What a fcuk up, a serious hard facepalm for them. Whatever point they were trying to make it was lost.

I think its time we stopped concentrating on Americas problems when Irish children are been stabbed because of their white skin. The culprits not even charged with attempted murder and back on the streets. What is Leo doing about this outrage...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

I think its time we stopped concentrating on Americas problems when Irish children are been stabbed because of their white skin. The culprits not even charged with attempted murder and back on the streets. What is Leo doing about this outrage...

Any evidence it was because of his skin colour?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8p_pIAS_VQ

If you do reply to this post can you please refrain from cursing at me. Thanks.

I’ll curse if I want to, as far as I know you’re not my Da.

Anyway, by four minutes in the most controversial thing I’d seen was a large group of white people pledging to love their black neighbours the same as their white ones.

Did it get cult-ier after that or were you exaggerating?

Alot worse than Fox news in Cork.
    https://twitter.com/DMuiri/status/1269695201448165376

have you watched the video?

Watch the videos, he's ranting about white slavery and white boys etc etc etc. They are as racist as it comes, disgusting. They should be charged with hate crimes on top of attempted murder.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think some people on this thread should look up the meaning of anecdotal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Are you talking about when you posted that TWENTY people were killed during the protests with no context hun?

Because I noticed you didn’t include how many of those were killed by police.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Is this about scumbags in Cork now or are we still talking about institutional racism in America?

I think some people should watch videos with the audio on, aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

‘Ah now they’re not anecdotes they’re parables. Like Jesus. They show us how parabolic things are getting’

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Looked it up.. Jaysus..

Was the pregnant woman whose home he invaded and threatened at gunpoint, black or white?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,558 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

There was a post from someone in the Carragaline area yesterday morning who said the attack wasn't racially motivated.

It could have been, people of all colour are capable of being racist, but, there doesn't seem to be any evidence that this was what caused this attack.

Or do you know something others don't?

Is this about scumbags in Cork now or are we still talking about institutional racism in America?

Black scumbags in cork attacked a white kid, its just a coincidence that BLM kicked off in the states. And this happened.. no link at all..

I’ll curse if I want to, as far as I know you’re not my Da.

Anyway, by four minutes in the most controversial thing I’d seen was a large group of white people pledging to love their black neighbours the same as their white ones.

Did it get cult-ier after that or were you exaggerating?

You have a tendency to let your emotions get the better of you....lets just try to keep it civil.

Pledging loyalty
    On their knees
    Waving their arms
    Repeating a message

Kissing the feet of the leaders
    Taking a knee
    Threatening those who aren't joining the movement

Tearing down statues
    Defacing momunments

It's all getting very cult like....

If a thousand people were killed by a terrorist organization they’d start multiple decades-long wars over it.

Any sign of that breakdown of the circumstances of those 1,000 deaths yet?

• Advertisement

There was a post from someone in the Carragaline area yesterday morning who said the attack wasn't racially motivated.

It could have been, people of all colour are capable of being racist, but, there doesn't seem to be any evidence that this was what caused this attack.

Or do you know something others don't?
    Just watch some of the videos, comments and posts from the attacker himself and try and convince yourself it wasn't racially motivated. In all his videos he is only attacking young white boys with his gang.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement