Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

The attackers being black and white in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭larva

Watch the videos, he's ranting about white slavery and white boys etc etc etc. They are as racist as it comes, disgusting. They should be charged with hate crimes on top of attempted murder.

Its a popular way of life for deprived black children to be attracted to the whole gansta rap thing. When your idol is someone who sings about doing harm and taking drugs, I seriously doubt you are going to turn out to be a nice person. Not necessarily racist, just confused children with little or no hope that go violent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Cupatae wrote: »
    Black scumbags in cork attacked a white kid, its just a coincidence that BLM kicked off in the states. And this happened.. no link at all..

That's a stretch and totally unprovable. You're talking nonsense, in other words.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Black scumbags in cork attacked a white kid, its just a coincidence that BLM kicked off in the states. And this happened.. no link at all..

i dont know if the attack was racist - i suspect it was.

but if skin colour was reversed the media and all the luvvies would be hollering that it was a racist attack. can't have it both ways....although they think they can.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

thomas 123 wrote: »
    You can hear them commenting on his color as they “shank him” what more do you need.

Its gas there literally screaming racist **** as they attack the white lad and people cant make up there minds whether its a racial attack or not... Cop kneels on GF neck... says nothing to the same people its instantly racially motivated.. ya couldnt make it up.

Its gas how desperate some people are to be sympathetic to this ****, they ll keep the narrative going at all costs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

larva wrote: »
    Its a popular way of life for deprived black children to be attracted to the whole gansta rap thing. When your idol is someone who sings about doing harm and taking drugs, I seriously doubt you are going to turn out to be a nice person. Not necessarily racist, just confused children with little or no hope that go violent.

I’ll have what he’s having

• Registered Users Posts: 21,901 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

paw patrol wrote: »

but if skin colour was reversed the media and all the luvvies would be hollering that it was a racist attack. can't have it both ways....although they think they can.
    +1
    ItS nOt PoSsIbLe To Be RaCiSt AgAiNsT a WhItE pErSoN 11!!!11

the video makes it quite clear its racially motivated, altho i wouldnt recommend watching it.. its a sickening attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Any sign of that breakdown of the circumstances of those 1,000 deaths yet?

Are you unable to use Google? You’re the one that wants the information so go look for it, I never said I was going to provide it to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    I don't think it's subjective. I don't understand the paradoxes you speak of?

"Intersectionality posits that an oppressed person is often the best person to judge their experience of oppression; however, this can create paradoxes when people who are similarly oppressed have different interpretations of similar events. Such paradoxes make it very difficult to synthesize a common actionable cause based on subjective testimony alone."

So while many black people will agree it is institutional racism; there are also many black people that disagree. There are also many poor white people that suffer from the consequences of 'institutional racism' but there is no name for that. They are similarly oppressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,558 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

the video makes it quite clear its racially motivated, altho i wouldnt recommend watching it.. its a sickening attack.

It does nothing of the sort.

It could have been racially motivated, there currently is no evidence, in the public domain, that it was.

Maybe i've been detached about violence in our cities. Never thought it was this bad. It looks like some posters think its okay for him to attack children because he is black.
    This stuff needs to be highlighted and exposed now in all media(not hidden like some wish) before we do end up with a divided society.

Are we hiding crimes now because we are afraid to offend someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭larva

Overheal wrote: »
    I’ll have what he’s having

Black people are killing themselves by thew buckets loads in the states due to crime and drugs, are they racist towards themselves then? Just becasue a crime is commited by one coulour on another does not mean it racially motivated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

owlbethere wrote: »
    That's only happening next door to us in the UK. That's absolutely despicable towards the police in London. How is the police force in London comparable to the police force in America and the police brutality over there? George was killed in Minnesota. How is the police in London guilty by association?

The one thing we all can agree on is the anger is very real. However it is being framed it is coming from somewhere.

There were a number of riots in London last few years as well; it seems people are well and truly sick of the police. I just wish the race angle was discarded so real focus could be placed on things that can be changed. More black people effected? Sure, white people also effected? Definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

KiKi III wrote: »
    Are you unable to use Google? You’re the one that wants the information so go look for it, I never said I was going to provide it to you.

So, you can't provide the information regarding the circumstances of the 1,000 deaths which you brought into the discussion because you haven't even seen it yourself....you saw a figure, and you responded with emotion to the headline figure...that's what happened right?

And the skin colours being as they are in this case, you get all the racists hollering about "all lives matter". Half the people here wouldn't even comment on it if it was a white guy doing the stabbing.

But again, that's really not the point of this thread. It was about a murder in America and the fallout from that but its just stopped making any sense now. Its just stupid comments like...
    ELM327 wrote: »
    +1
    ItS nOt PoSsIbLe To Be RaCiSt AgAiNsT a WhItE pErSoN 11!!!11

i did see it , my son who is similar age to victim showed it to me
    i couldn't make out the sound on it .
    But i wouldn't disagree with you

That's a stretch and totally unprovable. You're talking nonsense, in other words.

There is quite literally a video. You are talking utter nonsense and delusional if you think the two arent linked.

Are you talking about when you posted that TWENTY people were killed during the protests with no context hun?

Because I noticed you didn’t include how many of those were killed by police.

Are you able to use google hun?

You have a tendency to let your emotions get the better of you....lets just try to keep it civil.

Pathetic attempt at gaslighting. No, I’ll make no promises to try and keep it civil. More than happy to take a threadban here and then to express my views.

Freedom of speech, fück yeah.

Pledging loyalty
    On their knees
    Waving their arms
    Repeating a message

Kissing the feet of the leaders
    Taking a knee
    Threatening those who aren't joining the movement

Tearing down statues
    Defacing momunments

It's all getting very cult like....

Most of this stuff happens at mass literally every week. A lot of it would happen at a meditation retreat.

As far as I know in a global protest encompassing hundreds of thousands of people two or three statues have been torn down and you’d like to paint the entire thing with that brush.

Judging a whole massive group of people based of the actions of a small minority. It almost sounds like prejudice...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Black people are killing themselves by thew buckets loads in the states due to crime and drugs, are they racist towards themselves then? Just becasue a crime is commited by one coulour on another does not mean it racially motivated.

Black on black crime is caused by society i.e. white people.

There is quite literally a video. You are talking utter nonsense and delusional if you think the two arent linked.

I have quite literally watched it. How are you proving it happened because of BLM? Which is what you quite literally said.

Are you able to use google hun?

I’m not demanding anyone provide me with info, well able to keep myself informed - just pointing out the blatant hypocrisy.

And the skin colours being as they are in this case, you get all the racists hollering about "all lives matter". Half the people here wouldn't even comment on it if it was a white guy doing the stabbing.

perhaps , perhaps not.

maybe people comment because of the selective media coverage on certain things. we generally post on what is topical.
    I think you are grasping at straws ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

I have quite literally watched it. How are you proving it happened because of BLM? Which is what you quite literally said.

Have you seen the video of the attacker shouting racial slurs before the stabbing happened? I can't post it because it gives his name and I would be in contempt of court for posting it.

Judging a whole massive group of people based of the actions of a small minority. It almost sounds like prejudice...[/QUOTE]

So, we are in agreement then, there are 700,000 police officers in the US...it would be a shame to tarnish them all with the same brush don't you think?

Have you seen the video of the attacker shouting racial slurs before the stabbing happened? I can't post it because it gives his name and I would be in contempt of court for posting it.

Stabbing a child in the back on the ground while shouting racial slurs and previous videos of him stating what he is going to do to white people and this poster doesn't see this as racially motivated. You can imagine the outrage from some if this was reversed. Every virtue signalling politician would be on the TV/Radio.

perhaps , perhaps not.

maybe people comment because of the selective media coverage on certain things. we generally post on what is topical.
    I think you are grasping at straws ...

I agree the media select their narrative on every story but what does this have to do with George Floyd or BLM? If anyone is grasping at straws here, its the all lives matter brigade, desperately trying to link a story about a stabbing in Cork to institutional racism in America as if it disproves the entire point of the protests.

Again, how does this relate to the topic of the thread or BLM in any way?

I’m not demanding anyone provide me with info, well able to keep myself informed - just pointing out the blatant hypocrisy.

No, you were having a go at a poster who provided a figure without providing context.

You provided a figure without providing context and repeatedly ignored my request for context, telling me to google it myself.

That's....a bit....hypocritical!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,901 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

But again, that's really not the point of this thread. It was about a murder in America and the fallout from that but its just stopped making any sense now. Its just stupid comments like...
    Typical leftist distractionist crap
    Judging a whole massive group of people based of the actions of a small minority. It almost sounds like prejudice...

So, we are in agreement then, there are 700,000 police officers in the US...it would be a shame to tarnish them all with the same brush don't you think?[/QUOTE]
    Careful now that doesnt suit the MSM and the woke left

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement