Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Prove they're not, it's true unless you prove they're not

Seems legit haha

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭larva

WHY DOESNT E-VOTING WORK AGAIN, ANYONE KNOW? I HAVE MY PPS NUMBER, LOGIN AND VOTE? OR AM I JUST SIMPLE?!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

larva wrote: »
    WHY DOESNT E-VOTING WORK AGAIN, ANYONE KNOW? I HAVE MY PPS NUMBER, LOGIN AND VOTE? OR AM I JUST SIMPLE?!
    Are you in the right thread?

Sorry mate, I was replying to Cupatae and not you;

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113667973&postcount=332

The thread has moved on if your not willing to engage and prove me wrong then I won't be wasting my time replying to you , it's going on circles, Ive claimed victory and moved on.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

What racism looks like

image.jpg

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    Are you in the right thread?

Yes its about being given the same rights as everyone else, I think?

What racism looks like

image.jpg

Can't wait for the "can you prove that's racist ?" Crowd to jump on on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,408 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Cupatae wrote: »
    The thread has moved on if your not willing to engage and prove me wrong then I won't be wasting my time replying to you , it's going on circles, Ive claimed victory and moved on.

how very trumpian.

What racism looks like

WOW! if that said BLACK would you get an infraction or forum ban for just posting it, just asking? Kinda inciting hatred one might consider

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Yes its about being given the same rights as everyone else, I think?

It's the George Floyd thread which seems to have drifted towards the black vote being supressed. Not sure it's anything to do with your PPS number and e voting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,560 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

What racism looks like

image.jpg

Arbiter?

Lol, you can't even get this right.

HDMI wrote: »
    It's the George Floyd thread which seems to have drifted towards the black vote being supressed. Not sure it's anything to do with your PPS number and e voting.

Well it has to progress some way I mean there's only so much that can be said about George floyd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

This is what Jesus would do, it's the right thing (the feet washing not the shooting)

https://twitter.com/Justin12393LEE/status/1269852980217614336

HDMI wrote: »

There are posts above complaining about ALL PEOPLE having to take the DAY OFF from work to vote! thats why I mentioned E voting and how people do not get time to vote.

Seems like EVOTING should be revisited and reconsidered what with all thats is going on, but perhaps thats for another thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

What racism looks like

image.jpg

Racism? I thought this was an advertisement for miscegenation.

Edit: nobody?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Yup sure sounds like it could do.

Do you think it could have anything to do with the systemic racism suggested in the wiki link?

What’s the poor cracker version of systematic racism?? Because there’s fcuk all poor white folk getting jobs as CEOs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

walshb wrote: »
    You look it up and show us how voter suppression is somehow targeting black people...

Does it target people, or black people? Does it target a specific color, or does it juts target people?

Very lazy... or because you don't want to change your opinion, more likely. Happy reading. I do hope it educates.
    Certain communities are particularly susceptible to suppression and in some cases, outright targeted — people of color, students, the elderly, and people with disabilities.
    https://www.aclu.org/news/civil-liberties/block-the-vote-voter-suppression-in-2020/
    https://www.npr.org/2018/10/23/659784277/republican-voter-suppression-efforts-are-targeting-minorities-journalist-says?t=1591633977711https://people.howstuffworks.com/voter-suppression.htm
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/nov/13/voter-suppression-2020-democracy-america
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/07/poll-prri-voter-suppression/565355/
    https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/race/reports/2019/08/07/473003/systematic-inequality-american-democracy/
    https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-front/2019/09/12/setting-the-record-straight-on-black-voter-turnout/
    https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/research-reports/new-voter-suppression

Now, can you prove it doesn't target black people?

There are posts above complaining about ALL PEOPLE having to take the DAY OFF from work to vote! thats why I mentioned E voting and how people do not get time to vote.

Seems like EVOTING should be revisited and reconsidered what with all thats is going on, but perhaps thats for another thread?

As far as I know there is not too much e-voting within the US and a lot of distrust in the places that have it. Also a lot of people say they have to take time off work to vote so lose money to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,487 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Certain communities are susceptible to suppression.

We all know this..

There is no proof or fact in the claim that the U.S. are deliberately and intentionally targeting certain colours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

This is what Jesus would do, it's the right thing (the feet washing not the shooting)

https://twitter.com/Justin12393LEE/status/1269852980217614336

That is disgusting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Carioco

Thanks for all this

But what has it got to do with the U.S. targeting black people?

It reads to me like a list of excuses and blame...

Seriously, some of you guys don't even realize that the peddling of this is actually insulting to black people

Black people don't crave your concern and pity....it's such a patronizing way to speak about the "plight" of the poor black person..

Because they could easily move voting to a weekend or have a national voting day but they don't because they know minorities disproportionately can't miss work days.

DMVs don't open on weekends and those that do require 90 days notice for an appointment, again this is because minorities can't afford time off work. In a country like America where most people don't have passports there is no ID card unlike other large countries where passports are rare (Brazil, Russia) again this is because its known minorities disproportionately don't have valid ID and can't miss work to obtain one.

The felons can't vote law is literally to prevent minorities from voting. It wipes out 25% of potential black votes and almost 40% of potential minority voters (hispanic, black). This is in a justice system where for the exact same crimes whites get off disproportionately to blacks being convicted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

There is no proof or fact in the claim that the U.S. are deliberately and intentionally targeting certain colours.

And if they are doing it unintentionally that makes it ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

owlbethere wrote: »
    That is disgusting
    John 13:1–17
    Jesus' performance of this act. In verses 13:14–17, He instructs His disciples: If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Certain communities are susceptible to suppression.

We all know this..

I think we're done.

This guy argues that there's no systemic racism.. it's more cultural (this is obviously a major factor)..and he actually puts the blame on democratic policies during the 60s and 70s which damaged the black family..

Carioco wrote: »
    Because they could easily move voting to a weekend or have a national voting day but they don't because they know minorities disproportionately can't miss work days.

DMVs don't open on weekends and those that do require 90 days notice for an appointment, again this is because minorities can't afford time off work. In a country like America where most people don't have passports there is no ID card unlike other large countries where passports are rare (Brazil, Russia) again this is because its known minorities disproportionately don't have valid ID and can't miss work to obtain one.

Not every state requires voter id,

https://worldpopulationreview.com/states/voter-id-laws-by-state/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Why does it have to be black teens? It's a horrible situation however it occured but focusing on the fact they are black just shows societies underlying racism? Why focus on this one when there are stabbings across the country or is this one more significant because black people were involved?

Multicultural team of cops kneel on man and kill him: Racist. BLM. Rioting and Looting for days.

Black teen repeatedly stabs prone white teen: Why even mention colour.

Pathetic.

How ya all feeling about BLM given the middle finger to all covid 19 efforts and getting protests up and going, ironically enough black people are more susceptible to it , ****in racist disease black people 4 times more likely to die from it than the white man , I suspect this is a ploy to keep blacks down further

• Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

This guy argues that there's no systemic racism.. it's more cultural (this is obviously a major factor)..and he actually puts the blame on democratic policies during the 60s and 70s which damaged the black family..

Clintons 1994 Crime bill did awful damage to the Black community as well.

Democrats, filled with White Liberals, have done more damage to the Black Community than the KKK.

They (the Democrats) believe that Black people are too stupid to perform in the education system without dropping the standards, too dumb to get jobs without Affirmative Action ...indeed, they believe that if you are black and you don't vote democrat you are not in fact black.

Any community that depends on state assistance, any gender, any ethnic group invariable ends up in a more dysfunctional state than they were before they depended on the state...it's the same the world over.

• Advertisement

Multicultural team of cops kneel on man and kill him: Racist. BLM. Rioting and Looting for days.

Black teen repeatedly stabs prone white teen: Why even mention colour.

Pathetic.

You can't be racist to white people the race card is exculsively reserved for the black community

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement