Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Cupatae wrote: »
    You can't be racist to white people the race card is exculsively reserved for the black community

That big spoon seems to be working well for you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

This is what Jesus would do, it's the right thing (the feet washing not the shooting)

https://twitter.com/Justin12393LEE/status/1269852980217614336

State of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

At first they clapped for the front line workers, now they clap to mock them

https://twitter.com/Cian_Official/status/1269994138365239296

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

John 13:1–17

They are not enacting scenes from the Bible. They are trying to humiliate white people as a form of protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,488 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Podge_irl wrote: »
    And if they are doing it unintentionally that makes it ok?

The argument is that the U.S. are intentionally targeting Black people via voter suppression ...

This is not true..

Intentional, unintentional or any other descriptor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Carioco

Multicultural team of cops kneel on man and kill him: Racist. BLM. Rioting and Looting for days.

Black teen repeatedly stabs prone white teen: Why even mention colour.

Pathetic.

Thousands of Irish marching on the streets in support of black people.

Our media talking about Black Irish and their struggles.

The overwhelming majority of people support multiculturalism and dinosaurs like yourself are completely irrelevant outside of boards.ie

I'd say your fuming :P:P:P:P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

walshb wrote: »
    The argument is that the U.S. are intentionally targeting Black people via voter suppression ...

This is not true..

Tell me did you read the five links from reputable sources that Deebles posted presenting evidence that there is in fact voter suppression?

Or what research are you basing your own thoughts on?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,488 ✭✭✭✭walshb

KiKi III wrote: »
    Tell me did you read the five links from reputable sources that Deebles posted presenting evidence that there is in fact voter suppression?

Still reading them.

There is no proof that I see that demonstrates as fact that black people are being intentionally targeted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

That's a stretch and totally unprovable. You're talking nonsense, in other words.

You’ll be able to point out the racism in the George Lloyd murder?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

If abolish the police doesn't mean abolish the police...what does defund the police mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Multicultural team of cops kneel on man and kill him: Racist. BLM. Rioting and Looting for days.

Pathetic.
    How ya all feeling about BLM given the middle finger to all covid 19 efforts and getting protests up and going, ironically enough black people are more susceptible to it , ****in racist disease black people 4 times more likely to die from it than the white man , I suspect this is a ploy to keep blacks down further
    You can't be racist to white people the race card is exculsively reserved for the black community
    walshb wrote: »

This is not true..

owlbethere wrote: »
    They are not enacting scenes from the Bible. They are trying to humiliate white people as a form of protest.
    You’ll be able to point out the racism in the George Lloyd murder?

Getting desperate now lads. Willfully pig ignorant. Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭JL555

Switching from Twitter into Boards.ie is like walking into a catholic Ireland 60 years ago. This site is one of the most censored and heavily moderated platforms I've ever encountered online. Highly reflective of what Ireland is now, pendulums swing in extremes in both directions over time. We've hit the other extreme. Neither extreme is pleasant nor rational.

Correct, only last week a whole thread was mysteriously closed and all recent posts deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Pathetic.

The protests are not about the death of one man, you know that. I get it some people don't agree with them, some people think there is no inequality facing black communities in the US.

But at least be honest, no one is saying this protest is about one particular death. That was a catalyst that got prominence due to the fact it was filmed but these protests are not about a single incident.

What happened in Cork by the way was awful I hope the perpetrator gets a severe punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,518 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

JL555 wrote: »
    Correct, only last week a whole thread was mysteriously closed and all recent posts deleted.

Which thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

biko wrote: »
    What racism looks like
    It is, and it shouldn't be tolerated.

As is this, but the guy is still lemployed as a police captain. Should that be tolerated?

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTDvjDn4VWjdlivBlJIHkTJBIXUiSOhI0zm37WGq-uAst4vT6Cr&usqp=CAU

And while we're at it, can you get back to me on what presidential elections the US had in 1991 (Rodney King) and 2014 (Ferguson) since you claimed black people only riot in the US during election years? I asked before but haven't heard back from you on it.

joe40 wrote: »
    The protests are not about the death of one man, you know that. I get it some people don't agree with them, some people think there is no inequality facing black communities in the US.

But at least be honest, no one is saying this protest is about one particular death. That was a catalyst that got prominence due to the fact it was filmed but these protests are not about a single incident.

But Joe, a white lad was stabbed! Wheres our protests?

#AllLivesMatter :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭Nermal

Carioco wrote: »
    Because they could easily move voting to a weekend or have a national voting day but they don't because they know minorities disproportionately can't miss work days.

DMVs don't open on weekends and those that do require 90 days notice for an appointment, again this is because minorities can't afford time off work. In a country like America where most people don't have passports there is no ID card unlike other large countries where passports are rare (Brazil, Russia) again this is because its known minorities disproportionately don't have valid ID and can't miss work to obtain one.

The felons can't vote law is literally to prevent minorities from voting. It wipes out 25% of potential black votes and almost 40% of potential minority voters (hispanic, black). This is in a justice system where for the exact same crimes whites get off disproportionately to blacks being convicted.

Jesus, talk about the tyranny of low expectations...

Book your DMV appointment well in advance.

Don't commit crime.

Vote on your way to or from work, or heaven forbid, on your break.

Congratulations, you have now foiled 'voter suppression'.

Because they could easily move voting to a weekend or have a national voting day but they don't because they know minorities disproportionately can't miss work days.

DMVs don't open on weekends and those that do require 90 days notice for an appointment, again this is because minorities can't afford time off work. In a country like America where most people don't have passports there is no ID card unlike other large countries where passports are rare (Brazil, Russia) again this is because its known minorities disproportionately don't have valid ID and can't miss work to obtain one.

The felons can't vote law is literally to prevent minorities from voting. It wipes out 25% of potential black votes and almost 40% of potential minority voters (hispanic, black). This is in a justice system where for the exact same crimes whites get off disproportionately to blacks being convicted.

Or they could, y’know, not break the law.

Nermal wrote: »
    Jesus, talk about the tyranny of low expectations...

Book your DMV appointment well in advance.

Don't commit crime.

Vote on your way to or from work, or heaven forbid, on your break.

Congratulations, you have now foiled 'voter suppression'.

https://www.aclu.org/news/civil-libe...ssion-in-2020/
    https://www.npr.org/2018/10/23/65978...uppression.htm
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ocracy-america
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ession/565355/
    https://www.americanprogress.org/iss...can-democracy/
    https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-fr...voter-turnout/
    https://www.brennancenter.org/our-wo...er-suppression

Or they could be like a civilised country like ours and allow them to vote.
    People who have served their time have paid their debt. Why not let them vote. Is democracy to be feared?

https://youtu.be/NpPyLcQ2vdI

Good description of the issue, if you're actually interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

If abolish the police doesn't mean abolish the police...what does defund the police mean?

Have you considered reading beyond the headlines?

What happened in Cork by the way was awful I hope the perpetrator gets a severe punishment.

Unfortunately the facts show that there is no inequality between poor black people and poor white people. The more crime your demographic commits in your area, the more likely you are to be pulled over/searched. Doesn’t matter if you’re white, black or Martian.

More white people get shot by police every year in the USA than black people. In proportion to the amount of violent crime committed by each demographic, white people are being shot a whole lot more. Where do I get my victim card??

Unfortunately the facts show that there is no inequality between poor black people and poor white people. The more crime your demographic commits in your area, the more likely you are to be pulled over/searched. Doesn’t matter if you’re white, black or Martian.

More white people get shot by police every year in the USA than black people. In proportion to the amount of violent crime committed by each demographic, white people are being shot a whole lot more. Where do I get my victim card??
    If I were to accept that argument which I don't, then it is a good job BLM are protesting this issue. They're helping poor white people as well.
    Because there is no way any civilised western democracy should accept death at the hands of police at the rate it happens in the US.
    Especially unarmed victims.

Over 1000 people per year.

That is carnage compared to any other western country.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Have you considered reading beyond the headlines?

What? They've been published that rubbish in headline's as well, let me guess The New York Times?....I'm just hearing the chants and reading the signs of the rioters and protesters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj3vdaC4F7c

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Thousands of Irish marching on the streets in support of black people.

Our media talking about Black Irish and their struggles.

The overwhelming majority of people support multiculturalism and dinosaurs like yourself are completely irrelevant outside of boards.ie

I'd say your fuming :P:P:P:P:P:P

Meanwhile a gang of black youths beat and stab a white lad in cork I'd say your buzzing , there finally sticking it to the white man!! Let's all. Cheer!

Black supremacists now = multicultural now ya couldn't make it up :D:D

Middle of a pandemic no ****s given they March around lets see who ll be cheering when the covid is back with a bang , where's that pic that said "we never said only black lives matter" absolute no regard for the spread of an infection that could cripple hospitals tho

Then uve the snowflakes cheering em on we deserve what we get out of all this tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Because there is no way any civilised western democracy should accept death at the hands of police at the rate it happens in the US.
    Especially unarmed victims.

Over 1000 people per year.

That is carnage compared to any other western country.

all lives matter so?

/s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

It's beyond laughable Irish people getting on board with this stuff. It's this sweeping idea that all black people are victims, all whites are benefactors of some privilege. Ireland has nothing like the same history of racism which America has nor for all their flaws do our guards have a serious issue of being too heavy handed as American cops do. How can there be white privilege in Ireland when like 95% of the population is white and there was very little history of black people here until the last 25 years or so.

Where's the protests about what's going on in our nursing homes, where's the large scale protest when the government cut special needs assistants in schools a few years back. These idiots are more concerned with something that has no relevance to Ireland and something they can do absolutely nothing about instead of doing some for actual change. It's just virtue signalling and nothing else and not to mention a total slap in the face to our healthcare workers who've been fighting this virus by gathering together in mass groups. Fcuk them tbh.

But Joe, a white lad was stabbed! Wheres our protests?

#AllLivesMatter :rolleyes:

You really are a disgusting person. You are now trying to trivialize the stabbing of a child in cork by a black gang. While the child was bleeding on the ground unable to move he was stabbed three more times in the back while they recorded and laughed at him.

You should be banned for that comment alone.

Meanwhile a gang of black youths beat and stab a white lad in cork I'd say your buzzing , there finally sticking it to the white man!! Let's all. Cheer!

Black supremacists now = multicultural now ya couldn't make it up :D:D

Middle of a pandemic no ****s given they March around lets see who ll be cheering when the covid is back with a bang , where's that pic that said "we never said only black lives matter" absolute no regard for the spread of an infection that could cripple hospitals tho

Then uve the snowflakes cheering em on we deserve what we get out of all this tbh

You’ve got to wonder what sort of upbringing makes you hate yourself so much that you’ll self denigrate yourself for the alleged sins, of not even your own, but someone else’s forefathers. It’s like a yearning to be wanted and accepted by anyone, anywhere. Not a life I’d want.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

all lives matter so?

/s

You aren't allowed to say that , you will be classed as racist if you say all lives matter , only black lives matter for the moment other lives have to wait there turn... They do matter tho just not right now, thank you for your cooperation in furthering the black community.

Finally the black community will be able to go cash fake notes without the chance of being killed, they have been terrrorised by police during activities similar to this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement