Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,830 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

walshb wrote: »
    Nobody said that rogue cops and cops’ wrongdoing cannot be called out.

Then why are you calling such calling out “rubbish?”

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

https://classichiphopmagazine.com/editor/2020/6/8/george-floyd-posed-as-a-water-company-man-to-rob-a-pregnant-woman

That's the hero being cheered for.The double standards are unreal .

The snowflakes will reel off how many black people are in jail but conviently leave stuff like this out.

2u2me wrote: »

No and I don’t intend to. It’s fiction with tropes that should not be influencing anyone’s politics about policing. Might as well point to 24 as your evidence for why torture is okay: it’s garbage. Entertainment, yes. But as information it is garbage.

Cupatae wrote: »
    https://classichiphopmagazine.com/editor/2020/6/8/george-floyd-posed-as-a-water-company-man-to-rob-a-pregnant-woman

The snowflakes will reel off how many black people are in jail but conviently leave stuff like this out.

I don’t think there’s a person on this thread that hasn’t acknowledged and already read about his past.

It was what, 7 years ago? And he served his time for this, AND, police were arresting him on suspicion of a NON-violent crime.

Even if he had cut open the woman with a steakknife and ate the fetus like a roasted quail right after skull****ing it, it doesn’t explain nor does it justify what we saw for 8 minutes and 46 seconds, 7 years later, in reference to a SUSPECT counterfeit $20 note.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Are you a big fan of classichiphopmagazine. I never heard of them before.

• Advertisement

joe40 wrote: »
    Are you a big fan of classichiphopmagazine. I never heard of them before.

How about the picture of the police report ? Does that convince you or ? What source would you find acceptable.

Overheal wrote: »
    I don’t think there’s a person on this thread that hasn’t acknowledged and already read about his past.

It was what, 7 years ago? And he served his time for this, AND, police were arresting him on suspicion of a NON-violent crime.

Even if he had cut open the woman with a steakknife and ate the fetus like a roasted quail right after skull****ing it, it doesn’t explain nor does it justify what we saw for 8 minutes and 46 seconds, 7 years later, in reference to a SUSPECT counterfeit $20 note.

It's amazing how selective the outrage can be and how far people are willing to deluded themselves to a cause or narrative .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

2u2me wrote: »
    Find me one article where farmers refer to themselves as 'our people' and i'll take your point.

Have you never heard a union spokesperson speak? They never stop saying 'our members'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

walshb wrote: »
    Nobody said that rogue cops and cops’ wrongdoing cannot be called out.

Right, but you’re here on this thread repeatedly defending and justifying a cop who killed a man for no good reason in broad daylight.

Again and again you try to deflect from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Nermal

It was what, 7 years ago?

I'm sure the lady has probably forgotten it, hasn't she?

Come over to the statue thread, where your comrades are today making moral judgements on acts that happened centuries ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

It's amazing how selective the outrage can be and how far people are willing to deluded themselves to a cause or narrative .

Did he deserve to be choked to death by law enforcement over it?

KiKi III wrote: »

Did she deserve to have a gun pointed to her unborn child and forcibly robbed by him and 5 of his buddies in a premeditated fashion ?

I guess it d depend on who you asked the answer to that question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Where is all the this s*it going to end,

The funeral of George Floyd being broadcast on RTE News Now ''LIVE''

A Fu*king joke at this stage.

What’s the delusion?

I suppose you think “serves him right Judge Dredd the fcukin thug for that $20?”

Again, Dylan Roof murdered 9 blacks in Charleston. Charleston, the same city that declared the KKK a terrorist organization,, gave Dylan Roof a bullet proof vest, and Burger King when they arrested him. He wasn’t roughed up. They didn’t bump his head on the way into the car. You mean to tell me that post human degenerate can be treated objectively by police but George Floyd cannot?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,330 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I thought the Irish were bad for attending funerals of people they didn't necessarily know.

The coverage of George Floyd's funeral is insane (and may be over-compensating). Like a Presidential send-off or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Did she deserve to have a gun pointed to her unborn child and forcibly robbed by him and 5 of his buddies in a premeditated fashion ?

I guess it d depend on who you asked the answer to that question.

Did the crime go unpunished?

I'm nearly sure he was caught that day or the next, sentenced to years in jail.

KiKi III wrote: »

But what we do know is he hadn't changed and both crime and stealing were still acceptable in his book .

Nermal wrote: »
    I'm sure the lady has probably forgotten it, hasn't she?

Come over to the statue thread, where your comrades are today making moral judgements on acts that happened centuries ago.

The lady got retribution already and he had served his time. No relation in that to Jim Crow shyte, which by the way for the ignorant among us wasn’t centuries ago..,

How about the picture of the police report ? Does that convince you or ? What source would you find acceptable.

I don't doubt the story is true, it has been well documented and mentioned here on numerous occasions. I just find it amusing that you came on the story in a hip hop website.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Ya let's defund the cops

BBC News - Chicago sees deadliest day in 60 years amid protests
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52984535

"Chicago saw its deadliest day in at least 60 years last month, with 18 killings within a 24-hour period on 31 May."

"
    Over the last weekend in May - a three day holiday - 85 people were shot and 24 killed, according to the University of Chicago Crime Lab."

"Mr Kapustin added that protests over Mr Floyd's 25 May death in police custody may have distracted Chicago Police Department (CPD) resources from normal patrol duties."

"When CPD has to turn its attention elsewhere and there's suddenly this vacuum that opens up, you also unfortunately see a picture like you saw with [last] weekend where you see an absurd amount of carnage, people getting injured and killed," he said. "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

mgn wrote: »
    Where is all the this s*it going to end,

The funeral of George Floyd being broadcast on RTE News Now ''LIVE''

A Fu*king joke at this stage.

RTE news has been unwatchable for years. Got to hit that diversity quota everyday.

Like a number of posters here, the lack of self awareness from this police union guy is incredible.

Crying 'stop treating us like animals and thugs' despite the fact that is exactly what police forces have been doing to minority communities for decades and again to peaceful protesters over the last 2 weeks.

https://twitter.com/AugustTakala/status/1270399690912272384?s=20

Normally I don’t like Hasan Minaj’s presentation but his george Floyd video on Patriot Act is really something else. He has very interesting insights on this as a Muslim American. He teaches us muslim ethnic slurs for blacks, also points out the shop that called the police on George Floyd was Arab American, and that the other cop was a Hmong-American, rubbishing the idea that discrimination in the US is simply black or white.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    RTE news has been unwatchable for years. Got to hit that diversity quota everyday.

I know, but this take's it to a new level.

Normally I don’t like Hasan Minaj’s presentation but his george Floyd video on Patriot Act is really something else. He has very interesting insights on this as a Muslim American. He teaches us muslim ethnic slurs for blacks, also points out the shop that called the police on George Floyd was Arab American, and that the other cop was a Hmong-American, rubbishing the idea that discrimination in the US is simply black or white.

So.....everyone is racist? Or everyone isn't racist? Or that everyone insults other people?

What's the angle? Are white people still ****?

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Like a number of posters here, the lack of self awareness from this police union guy is incredible.

Crying 'stop treating us like animals and thugs' despite the fact that is exactly what police forces have been doing to minority communities for decades and again to peaceful protesters over the last 2 weeks.

All those Irish names as well. A lot of Irish Americans were very quick to forget what it was like to be victimised.
    Not all, but a lot.

But what we do know is he hadn't changed and both crime and stealing were still acceptable in his book .

The police officer that killed him had nearly 20 complaints against him so clearly hasn't changed.

Are you good with squeezing the life out of him on the side of the road as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,551 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

How do you know that he was aware it was a fake $20?

What’s the delusion?

I suppose you think “serves him right Judge Dredd the fcuk we for that $20?”

Again, Dylan Roof murdered 9 blacks in Charleston. Charleston, the same city that declared the KKK a terrorist organization,, gave Dylan Roof a bullet proof vest, and Burger King when they arrested him. He wasn’t roughed up. They didn’t bump his head on the way into the car. You mean to tell me that post human degenerate can be treated objectively by police but George Floyd cannot?

The delusion?

That there's some mass travesty happening to all black people in America that is imposed by some external power and that they are devoid of all chance and oppertunity based on there skin color and that the black community are exempt of all fault or responsibility for there current circumstances.

What's the KKK and dlyan what ever his name have to do with gf and the current riots ? I think ya missed the bus for that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Foxtrol wrote: »

So just lump all cops in? Great approach...so all black people are theiving scum because I have seen videos of some black people looting?

Or do you just use generalisations when it suits?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement