Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,784 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The man’s first assembly right of protest does not mean he can do it where ever he wants ,

He was not arrested because of his first assembly right as he had the right to protest but the police can put " light restriction" on this right for a numerous reason , moving him else where to stop serious disruption or damage is one of those reason's
    Then move him elsewhere don’t crack his skull open. Police chose to escalate this situation. Police should never be the ones to escalate. Two lads could have picked him up and placed him on the steps to the side. Instead they shoved him straight to hospital.

I don't have a cat but what's funny about anyone kicking there wife in the face .
    Very mature,

Who said it was funny?

So I take it given the options you’d rather bake the cat. Sick.

And now you see the fallacy with stupid ass A or B tropes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,752 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Overheal wrote: »
    Then move him elsewhere don’t crack his skull open. Police chose to escalate this situation. Police should never be the ones to escalate. Two lads could have picked him up and placed him on the steps to the side. Instead they shoved him straight to hospital.

Sorry pal but trying to make a joke of saying kick your wife in the face has ended our interaction ,

Yes because pushing him away was totally designed for him to all over and crack his skull and not a freak accident,

Sorry pal but trying to make a joke of saying kick your wife in the face has ended our interaction ,

Thank goodness

• Advertisement

Yes because pushing him away was totally designed for him to all over and crack his skull and not a freak accident,

A freak accident that played itself out at several protests around the country. We’ve actually been discussing 3 this morning, 2 older gentleman and 1 woman who has given a hospital visit as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,603 ✭✭✭✭walshb

joe40 wrote: »
    No one with a shred of human decency could support that policeman's action.

I'm actually surprised there are people here trying to do so.

Come off it. That is nonsense.

He was barely pushed and went over like the referee that Paola pushed...

And he created it....he went to the cop, made contact with the cop and refused to comply....he was pushed away like you'd push away a drunk man harassing you. Except here it was a riot cop trying to do his job

The cop never sat all intended the end result here...and it's a disgrace that he was sanctioned for it....but not a surprise, because everyone now wants to be seen to be morally oh so good.....

I could understand some outrage if he was beaten and beaten with a baton, or shot....but to be barely moved away with a push....FFS...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,102 ✭✭✭Odhinn

walshb wrote: »

And he created it....he went to the cop, made contact with the cop and refused to comply....he was pushed away like you'd push away a drunk man harassing you. Except here it was a riot cop trying to do his job

The cop never sat all intended the end result here...

...and it was him that deliberately bounced his head off the concrete just to make poor mr cop look bad.

A freak accident that played itself out at several protests around the country. We’ve actually been discussing 3 this morning, 2 older gentleman and 1 woman who has given a hospital visit as well.

Is it that much of a surprise in protests that have involved looters and violence that a few innocent peaceful people end up getting hurt,

Again no one wants to see anyone get hurt ,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

The cop never sat all intended the end result here...

Are you seriously telling me he fell backwards on his head, deliberately...
    The whole thing was a dive!

That is quite frankly ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Odhinn wrote: »
    ...and it was him that deliberately bounced his head off the concrete just to make poor mr cop look bad.

The cop moved him away.....his banging his head off the ground started when he decided to challenge riot police...

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Telling that you're more worried about my 'vitriol' than police putting a peaceful pensioner in the hospital with a serious head injury.

I'm was talking about all of your posts directed at police officers. They show some worrying tendencies. In fact they're borderline scary. Please quarantine yourself forever.

Are you seriously telling me he fell backwards on his head, deliberately...
    The whole thing was a dive!

That is quite frankly ridiculous.

No, he did not want to cause his head to bang off the ground....

But him doing what he did was absolutely deliberate and intentional....

Did his reaction to the push seems a bit overplayed? Yes, even if he didn't intend to bang his head....just like the referee....he played up that fall...

His actions led to his injuries.....

Are you saying people are incapable now of creating issues, hamming things up, trying to cause outrage? And I don;t mean by possibly giving yourself a serious head injury......

Although, him approaching the riot cops was like a suicide mission to you lot,m because of how brutal the U.S. police can be.

That cop did not want to hurt that man.......and he did not....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Is it that much of a surprise in protests that have involved looters and violence that a few innocent peaceful people end up getting hurt,

Again no one wants to see anyone get hurt ,

7 active police officers dead so far.

Here's a few more of the total 12 who have lost their lives

One man was a retired St Louis police captain checking on his friend's shop. Another was the beloved owner of a Louisville barbecue restaurant who provided free meals to officers. Yet another was a man known as "Mr Indianapolis", a former star football player.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Did his reaction to the push seems a bit overplayed? Yes, even if he didn't intend to bang his head....just like the referee....he played up that fall...

Are you saying people are incapable now of creating issues, hamming things up, trying to cause outrage?

So he deliberately fell backwards, but accidentally hurt himself.

The cop moved him away.....his banging his head off the ground started when he decided to challenge riot police...

Have you actually watched the video?

So he deliberately fell backwards, but accidentally hurt himself.

You can ham up something without wanting to kill yourself...

I shouldn't need to explain this.

And in hamming up something, you could kill yourself....or badly injure yourself

This man was up to no good. Deliberate and intentional up to no good

So, why would it be any surprise that he may try to make more of the push than was necessary?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    I'm was talking about all of your posts directed at police officers. They show some worrying tendencies. In fact they're borderline scary. Please quarantine yourself forever.

And you continue to show more concern about my words than the tendencies of police officers to hospitalize peaceful protesters and the subsequent attempts of fellow officers to cover these actions up.

Odhinn wrote: »
    Have you actually watched the video?

Stop being obtuse.

The moment he went and challenged riot cops is the moment he got in trouble...he went looking for trouble....that is the point, and unfortunately he found it....with no malice from the cop....the push to me looked played up, but sadly, backfired.

And it it was not played up, then he was unlucky....the cop ain't to blame here at all.

Stop being obtuse.

The moment he went and challenged riot cops is the moment he got in trouble...he went looking for trouble....that is the point, and unfortunately he found it....with no malice from the cop....the push to me looked played up, but sadly, backfired.

And it it was not played up, then he was unlucky....the cop ain't to blame here at all.

~In me eye they aren't. Why did they say he tripped if they were so sure of their case?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Stop being obtuse.

you have no idea what he went looking for.

7 active police officers dead so far.

Here's a few more of the total 12 who have lost their lives

One man was a retired St Louis police captain checking on his friend's shop. Another was the beloved owner of a Louisville barbecue restaurant who provided free meals to officers. Yet another was a man known as "Mr Indianapolis", a former star football player.

About the David McAtee shooting: confirmed the national guard killed him. It was their bullet, green-tipped

Are you saying people are incapable now of creating issues, hamming things up, trying to cause outrage? And I don;t mean by possibly giving yourself a serious head injury......

Although, him approaching the riot cops was like a suicide mission to you lot,m because of how brutal the U.S. police can be.

That cop did not want to hurt that man.......and he did not....

Unadulterated delusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Foxtrol wrote: »
    And you continue to show more concern about my words than the tendencies of police officers to hospitalize peaceful protesters and the subsequent attempts of fellow officers to cover these actions up.

Can i not be concerned for both you and the PO? I don't think i've ever condoned the PO behavior. Seriously did something happen to you to make you spew this vitriol?

you have no idea what he went looking for.

I do....trouble.....

And he found it...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Christy42

Stop being obtuse.

Why push at all? There is no need at any point to go for a push. As soon as they go for the push they are in the wrong. They are not defending themselves or anyone else. He is not resisting arrest. The cop can't push someone for the hell of it.

And no. Take a run and jump with that he was in trouble as soon as he challenged them. Fine arrest him if you like but they went to shove him. The man can't fake their arms going up to push him. That is on the cops. They reacted to a situation that didn't need violence with violence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

About the David McAtee shooting: confirmed the national guard killed him. It was their bullet, green-tipped

As if you care

I do....trouble.....

And he found it...

Despite many reports that he was just returning a helmet to them?

Yeah a real fire starter that one

As if you care

An odd thing to accuse me of, having brought it up expressly.

• Advertisement

Unadulterated delusion.

Yes, so the cop's half assed push was the way he went about wanting hurting him?

His baton, or gun not a better way to hurt him?

He chose a push, and minor push that most people would not fall over from. Cop pushed him, man lost balance....the cop in no way intended that the man fall and bang his head...

But you are so anti cops and so unbalanced, that if he had tickled him and blew him a kiss, and the man fell walking away, you'd be blaming the brutal cops.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement