Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

so you are claiming that the press are hiding their footage of police being assaulted?

None of the footage you have seen on the news has been taken by the press, unless the press record holding their phones vertically when taking footage, it's all taken from clips that are being uploaded to YouTube.

The footage of George Flyod was not taken by the press, footage of the old guy on the ground wasn't taken by the press, it's taken by members of the public who record on their phones and then the press take it from YouTube.

The press = a few I divideuals with big cameras Vs every single member of the public with their phone.

Now the press are 100% choosing not to show the extent of the looting/violence towards the police. Because the situation is so volitale and everyone is terrified of being branded racist.

Well fox news is probably showing nothing but these clips but who the fudge is watching that billocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,602 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The best course of action they should of taken in the moment, was to arrest him!!!

I've seen videos of people down on their knees being pulled from the crowd and arrested, they weren't acting the cnut.. you and others have argued that this man challenged the authority of the cops, he did and the correct course of action was to arrest him, they've chosen to dish out their own "justice" here by pushing the man to the point he goes off balance and hits his head.

You've said in a previous post not too far back, that the cops chose not to arrest him, that's you giving them a get out jail card, like they were doing the man a favour or something.

You are not a cop here. Their choosing to act that way at that time was their choice..

They used a very mild/moderate amount of force to get the man away. Unfortunately, for him, he was injured...his fault. Not theirs. He created this. They reacted to his creating..

• Registered Users Posts: 82,773 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Didn't you say that you'd be happy for an entire city to be burnt to the ground,or something to that effect?

Never happy about it no?

When we learned David McAtee was murdered by a national guardsman I said I would not say one negative thing about rioting in Louisville.

walshb wrote: »
    You are not a cop here. Their choosing to act that way at that time was their choice..

They used a very mild/moderate amount of force to get the man away. Unfortunately, for him, he was injured...his fault. Not theirs. He created this. They reacted to his creating..
    Are you coming out as a cop?

Overheal wrote: »
    Never happy about it no?

When we learned David McAtee was murdered by a national guardsman I said I would not say one negative thing about rioting in Louisville.

Murdered?

Has there been a murder charge brought here?

• Advertisement

Are you coming out as a cop?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

You and others have put forward a case the man is in the wrong, I agree on up to this point.

This story wouldn't be a blip anywhere, only for the fact that a) they push the guy b) the PD tweet out he tripped and fell c) either the cops lied about the interaction with the man d) the PD tried to cover it up not knowing there was video evidence.

Any other situation in normal day to day cop stuff a person goes up to a cop after being told to leave... What is going to happen?? They'd be arrested no questions asked without a doubt in my mind.
    He should of been arrested, they chose the wrong course of action in this instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

You and others have put forward a case the man is in the wrong, I agree on up to this point.

Any other situation in normal day to day cop stuff a person goes up to a cop after being told to leave... What is going to happen?? They'd be arrested no questions asked without a doubt in my mind.
    He should of been arrested, they chose the wrong course of action in this instance.

what did he do wrong? what did they say to him? is there a transcript somewhere?

I think it was worse than that what you said.

No I just don’t think you were expecting me to be so forthright and consistent about what words I stand behind.

If you think I am misremembering go find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

It's not simply their choice to react how they like.

Police are subject to the law like everyone else.

If the force was mild/moderate he would not have fallen. They saw he was an elderly man, they should have acted accordingly and used appropriate force.

• Advertisement

Murdered?

Has there been a murder charge brought here?

Not yet because they don’t know which guardsmen’s bullet it was. Both fired, apparently, iirc 2 were involved. I suspect both will be tried, possibly in court martial idk how exactly that will work.

No.

Then wtf are you to invalidate someone else’s analysis based on a lack of police experience, only to supplant it with your own, equally amateur analysis?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

what did he do wrong? what did they say to him? is there a transcript somewhere?

A lawful order to clear the area? Seeing as the riot police were getting ready to move to clear the area. Only basing this on the video..

joe40 wrote: »
    It's not simply their choice to react how they like.

Police are subject to the law like everyone else.

If the force was mild/moderate he would not have fallen. They saw he was an elderly man, they should have acted accordingly and used appropriate force.

It was moderate force. Very mild. His falling is his fault...

Not every instance of a fall is down to excessive force by cops or violence..people can trip, lose balance...it happens. 99/100 people would not have fallen from what he fell from.. because the force was not near excessive.

Had that man managed to keep upright, nobody would be beating this nonsense about excessive force, violent shoves..

Had they arrested the man, and in doing so he had a heart attack you others would be blaming them for excessive force

There is no balance to your view on this..

Not yet because they don’t know which guardsmen’s bullet it was. Both fired, apparently, iirc 2 were involved. I suspect both will be tried, possibly in court martial idk how exactly that will work.

if NCIS has taught me anything, and it definitely has, there shouldn't be any difficulty in matching the bullet to the gun

Not every instance of a fall is down to excessive force by cops or violence..people can trip, lose balance...it happens. 99/100 people would not have fallen from what he fell from.. because the force was not near excessive.

Had that man managed to keep upright, nobody would be beating this nonsense about excessive force, violent shoves..

Had they arrested the man, and in doing so he had a heart attack you others would be blaming them for excessive force

there should not have been any force. force was not the appropriate response.

Then wtf are you to invalidate someone else’s analysis based on a lack of police experience, only to supplant it with your own, equally amateur analysis?

You have lost me, yet again...

I am not a cop. The cops in this incident chose not to arrest. Their choice..

This is simple: If you can’t interpret what I am saying, that’s on you.

there should not have been any force. force was not the appropriate response.

I think that is the best policy going forward. If people can sit there and honestly disagree that it was not an unreasonable amount of force, then, police should not use force in that scenario at all.

Thought so..so maybe wait until all the facts come out before labelling people murderers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Not everything going on isn’t bat**** crazy. There are of course extremist groups that yeah exhibit this problem. Eg. The weird situation with the “soy brigade” in Seattle, iirc.

These are whataboutisms. Many protests, political narratives and demonstrations over the past 20 years have confronted violence against Muslims, before and since 9/11. Guantanamo Bay. The “Ground Zero Mosque,” habeus corpus. Iraqi Army Interpreter Visas. There were riots in fact about the Elian Gonzalez affair. There were acts of riot at border detention facilities, people have protested them, people have tried to firebomb them. People have put huge pressure on the government to address these issues. It’s how the Democrats retook the House of Congress in 2018. And cops, if race wasn’t a factor, would ALWAYS kill more whites than blacks if whites are 16% of the population and non Hispanics whites are 60%. The reality is blacks are killed at 2.5x the rate as whites per capita.

https://www.statista.com/chart/21872/map-of-police-violence-against-black-americans/

And there are wars and atrocities all over the world that mean people need to flee their home lands. Try being a homosexual in Mecca?

Why does Ireland care so much about America...

• Advertisement

You have lost me, yet again...

I am not a cop. The cops in this incident chose not to arrest. Their choice..

This is simple: If you can’t interpret what I am saying, that’s on you.

My point was you attacking another poster for not being a cop. You aren’t a cop either so what is my not being a cop, or their not being a cop, or your not being a cop, adding to this discussion?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,608 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

You didn't stand behind the words and you are not consistent.

You said it wouldn't bother you to see Louisville burn to the ground. You are no better than the racist thugs you are obsessed with, how many posts have you on this topic, over a thousand?

How many have you? From all accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

IMO

The guy fell because he is 76 and really tall, if I was pushed with same force I would have taken one step back, if you pushed my mother with same force she you be pushed back, the average 76 year old is gonna fall because they will not have the mobility.

It's the same way that you could not apply the same force to a child and an adult in any situation.

Now them walking past him as
    He is on the ground bleeding is just insane,like fcuking robots.

But the post that has just being put up of the BBC editing, will that clip be shown constantly? Of a protester swinging a big lump of wood onto cops heads, will that be shown everytime this issue is on the news?

You didn't stand behind the words and you are not consistent.

You said it wouldn't bother you to see Louisville burn to the ground. You are no better than the racist thugs you are obsessed with, how many posts have you on this topic, over a thousand?

Idgaf how many posts I’ve had. If it’s 1000 I’ll post 2000 if I want. Not relevant.

Not bothered is not synonymous happy. Now who can’t stand behind their words? Not bothered and not being negative, on the other hand, are mutually inclusive in sentiment. If that’s how I worded it great that’s what I still stand behind. lol and behold, I haven’t said one partisan word about the riots in Louisville, iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

The man did not trip he fell as a result of the push, that is patently obvious.
    My view is absolutely balanced.

JJayoo wrote: »
    IMO

The guy fell because he is 76 and really tall, if I was pushed with same force I would have taken one step back, if you pushed my mother with same force she you be pushed back, the average 76 year old is gonna fall because they will not have the mobility.

It's the same way that you could not apply the same force to a child and an adult in any situation.

Now them walking past him as
    He is on the ground bleeding is just insane,like fcuking robots.

But the post that has just being put up of the BBC editing, will that clip be shown constantly? Of a protester swinging a big lump of wood onto cops heads, will that be shown everytime this issue is on the news?

he fell because he was pushed. tbere is no justification for the push. he was not a threat to cops in full riot gear

Thought so..so maybe wait until all the facts come out before labelling people murderers.

The fact is he is dead and a guards bullet did it. Murder.

NASCAR bans the confederate flag from its events. Breaking..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,608 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Again with the 'facts' angle.
    Again I must point out how much you are defending the cops who pushed a guy to the ground giving him serious head trauma. What 'facts' would make you think that they are responsible for the injury he suffered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭jibber5000

Some of the most dangerous people are those who convince themselves the violence they commit is acceptable out of feelings of righteousness. It's a tale as old as time, it's the same dynamic that led to atrocities such as the holocaust.

You're trying to say that supporting the police is comparable to supporting the Nazi's?

Ffs it's an embarrassment to even type that statement.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement