Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

he never touched them.

What did he have in his right hand that he was swiping over their hip/groin areas??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

What did he have in his right hand that he was swiping over their hip/groin areas??

Phone

• Registered Users Posts: 55,601 ✭✭✭✭walshb

they should be charged. they assaulted a man. whether they will be charged is a different matter. the corrupt justice system looks after its own.

Your utter disdain for police is clouding your judgement...

The only person who should be charged is the man that fell. Charged for refusing to obey police orders. He went to them, and they acted appropriately.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

walshb wrote: »

The only person who should be charged is the man that fell. Charged for refusing to obey police orders. He went to them, and they acted appropriately.

acting appropriately would have been arresting him if he had committed an offence. they didnt do that.

Phone

according to some it was a super-duper hitech scanner that he was using to interrupt police communications. for some reason it only worked at distances of less than a foot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

And he also committed no offense.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

2u2me wrote: »
    If windrush shows how the UK view Afro-Caribbeans, does the Japaneses internment camps show how the US view Asians?(which you didn't mention earlier) :confused:

"Japanese Americans and other Asians in the U.S. had suffered for decades from prejudice and racially-motivated fear. Laws preventing Asian Americans from owning land, voting, testifying against whites in court, and other racially discriminatory laws existed long before World War II."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_9066

Asians suffered horrendously often being attacked by white mobs. They were discriminatory laws, absolutely. But they were not codified laws of segregation such as the Jim Crow Laws.

Japanese Americans were interned during WWII as their loyalty was suspect, as were German Americans. My own Great Grand Uncle among them. He had been in the US since 1919.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internment_of_German_Americans

My post was in response to the suggestion that it seems like 'only' African Americans among minority groups engage in protests. That simply isn't true.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Also I seen people say the cop never went to see he was ok but if you watch the video he goes to check on him a third the other police man comes up from behind and tells him to move and looks like he radios it in which is procedure,

Did anyone notice the guy who radios it has a different colour badge to the rest ,is this a symbol of chain of command

Also I seen people say the cop never went to see he was ok but if you watch the video he goes to check on him a third the other police man comes up from behind and tells him to move and looks like he radios it in which is procedure,

Did anyone notice the guy who radios it has a different colour badge to the rest ,is this a symbol of chain of command

are you an expert on police procedure now?

acting appropriately would have been arresting him if he had committed an offence. they didnt do that.

a genuine question here, Obviously he was using his right to protest and right of assembly but the police are within there rights to move you to a safe more adequate area that causes less issues, is he committing an offence by not moving ?

Is it possible the police didn't want to take his rights from him by arresting him and where happy for him to continue in the place they deemed safer, that the push was designed to get him to move , ?

Is it even possible to arrest every single person who was taking time to move ?

• Advertisement

a genuine question here, Obviously he was using his right to protest and right of assembly but the police are within there rights to move you to a safe more adequate area that causes less issues, is he committing an offence by not moving ?

Is it possible the police didn't want to take his rights from him by arresting him and where happy for him to continue in the place they deemed safer, that the push was designed to get him to move , ?

you really are going out of your way to blame a brain damaged man for the actions of the police

are you an expert on police procedure now?

No but John Evans is and he has said as much ,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The police can move him. They have no right to assault him however unless its self defense which this clearly isn't. I mean they can't even use the excuse of resisting arrest as no attempt to arrest him was made.
    you really are going out of your way to blame a brain damaged man for the actions of the police

The police caused it when they assaulted him. Unless you are going to blame gravity and the concrete?

Absurdity is reaching new levels.

I agree, he should of been arrested for not obeying an order to clear the area, then obstruction..

Neither will happen, two cops will lose their jobs for their stupidity, the tax payer will foot the bill for a few million $ I guess, the two cops will move to a different PD and carry on.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

The police caused it when they assaulted him. Unless you are going to blame gravity and the concrete?

that has been my whole position all along. you sound like you are disagreeing with me for some reason.

The police can move him. They have no right to assault him however unless its self defense which this clearly isn't. I mean they can't even use the excuse of resisting arrest as no attempt to arrest him was made.

I know he had a cut on his head and a suspected concussion but did they reveal what injuries he actually got ?

Obviously like everyone else I hope the man is ok after the incident, Hopefully he listens to police direct in future

I know he had a cut on his head and a suspected concussion but did they reveal what injuries he actually got ?

The extent of injuries doesn't matter. Assault is assault no matter how hurt you get.

Obviously like everyone else I hope the man is ok after the incident, Hopefully he listens to police direct in future

still in hospital and still in a lot of pain as of yesterday. bleeding from the ears is never a good sign. But its all his own fault sure.

still in hospital and still in a lot of pain as of yesterday. bleeding from the ears is never a good sign. But its all his own fault sure.

But plenty of Irish and young people get pushed by the police. What about them?

But plenty of Irish and young people get pushed by the police. What about them?

you are replying to sarcasm.

• Advertisement

you are replying to sarcasm.

Yes with sarcasm. Not aimed at you but hoping the whattaboutery peddlers will get the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 55,601 ✭✭✭✭walshb

. But its all his own fault sure.

Finally!!!!!!

Finally!!!!!!

you dont seem to get sarcasm either. and just to be clear i was mocking your posts when i wrote that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

you dont seem to get sarcasm either. and just to be clear i was mocking your posts when i wrote that.

You don't seem to get when people are taking the pi55 out of you.

Finally!!!!!!

Everything that has happened is all on the four cops that killed George Floyd, the rioting, looting, protesting..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Everything that has happened is all on the four cops that killed George Floyd, the rioting, looting, protesting..

No it is not. People need to take responsibility for their actions

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭ollkiller

They didn't act appropriately. If he didn't obey an order arrest him. Wouldn't of been that hard. But nah we will go the Robocop route. You might want a police force that acts that way. I certainly don't. If someone is a threat to a cop I'll all for meeting that threat with action. But in this instance it was blatantly obvious the 75 old didn't pose a threat to them.

No it is not. People need to take responsibility for their actions

Exactly!!! Cops need to take responsibility for pushing that man and the effects it has caused.

Previous post was a good dose of sarcasm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

In response to police brutality residents have barricaded themselves into an autonomous zone on Capital Hill ...where they are not allowing us cops to enter.
    All food trucks normal people etc can enter just not police

These are GREAT people.

Reminds me of #FREEDERRY When John Hume asked 1500 residents to barricade themselves in and not allow the RUC to enter.

image.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement