Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,772 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So turns out the 75 year old Martin Gugino is a long time radical protester that has been arrested over 300 times and 82 times for inciting ,

Yes he did not deserve to get his head split open , but it was an unfortunate accident that occurred when the police pushed him away ,

"Martin Gugino is a 75-year-old professional agitator and Antifa provocateur… On Friday Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown admitted Gugino was a professional ‘agitator’ who tried to work up the crowd and had been asked to leave the area ‘numerous’ times.”

“During his effort Gugino was attempting to capture the radio communications signature of Buffalo police officers.”

Can’t find any source to support this accusation. Do you have a link?

No it is not. People need to take responsibility for their actions

Everyone except the police?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Overheal wrote: »
    Can’t find any source to support this accusation. Do you have a link?

It appears to be largely bollocksology

https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/06/09/trump-gugino-tweet/

Odhinn wrote: »

I mean we knew it was bollocks I was just hoping to uncover the origin of the users fake news fetish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Well, glad to see that the police get as much support in the UK as they do in the US.

Not only do they not in any way attempt to help, but they mock the officer. A**holes.

I would like to think more citizens would be wiling to pitch in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqAtdo19rUE

https://www.foxnews.com/us/utah-man-tackles-fleeing-suspect-like-nfl-hardest-hits-to-aid-police-officer

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/man-praised-a-hero-for-crash-tackling-offender-as-he-walks-his-dog/news-story/6256775c7ee1ffebbf689d98add20115

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrt1ERPWrqQ

for better examples. There is still some hope.

But, no, if they get harassed and mocked for trying to do their job, no wonder they're going to feel disassociated from society. It's not just the police separating themselves from the citizenry, it works the other way as well.

The video isn't real. They are pranksters who make videos like this to make the police look silly or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

so shouting abuse at a cop is ok but talking to one deserves a physical response?

He's not shouting at a cop. Hes between 2 cops shouting into the council chamber. There is no law against shouting.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,048 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Apologies if it was posted already..

"Thomas Keirnan Lane, one of the four former Minneapolis police officers charged in the alleged murder of George Floyd, is out of jail. Hennepin County records show that Lane bonded out Wednesday afternoon."

"Lane was hired by the department in February 2019. His attorney, Earl Gray, has said Lane had only been on active duty for four days as of the incident. Because of that, Gray argued, it was “unreasonable” to expect Lane to attempt to remove Chauvin’s leg from Floyd’s neck. The lawyer also asserted that Lane asked Chauvin if Floyd should be rolled over and that Lane tried to perform CPR on Floyd in the ambulance.

“What was my client supposed to do but follow what his training officer said?” Gray said. “Is that aiding and abetting a crime?”

"Minneapolis police policies require “every sworn employee present at any scene where physical force is being applied to either stop or attempt to stop another sworn employee when force is being inappropriately applied or is no longer required.”

https://lawandcrime.com/george-floyd-death/thomas-lane-one-of-four-ex-cops-charged-in-george-floyds-death-is-out-of-jail/?utm_source=mostpopular

Where did he get the million to bail himself, all so shady.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Odhinn wrote: »

none of that will make a blind bit of difference to walshb or notobtuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

"Will the criminal case against Derek Chauvin go to trial? A prosecutor’s office has revealed that there were actually plea negotiations before Chauvin was even arrested in the death of George Floyd. Clearly, those negotiations fell apart."

https://lawandcrime.com/george-floyd-death/ex-cop-charged-with-murder-in-george-floyd-case-was-in-plea-negotiations-before-his-arrest-prosecutors-office-reveals/

Why does this have a big wiff of dodgy as fcuk off it? Trying to negotiate a plea based off no charge..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

Does that city allow bail bonds? If so he would only have to come up with $100k

• Advertisement

Family I would guess or maybe the good old police union?
    I think all lawyers are being paid by the police I read last week. Think it was one of the local news sites reported it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

none of that will make a blind bit of difference to walshb or notobtuse.

It seems you can't comprehend what Walsh B has been saying , Whatever he was ,what ever done or didn't do before that day is just padding to the story ,
    In that moment he refused to listen to numerous police instructions and done the opposite and walk towards them ,

He lack of common sense lead to the incident, yes of course the police action are also involved but all could have be avoided by him,

$750,000 was the posted bail.

plus security for the other 900K. probably one or more homes at that level.

It seems you can't comprehend what Walsh B has been saying , Whatever he was ,what ever done or didn't do before that day is just padding to the story ,
    In that moment he refused to listen to numerous police instructions and done the opposite and walk towards them ,

He lack of common sense lead to the incident, yes of course the police action are also involved but all could have be avoided by him,

BUT... Could also be avoided by arresting him!

both promoted the theory that he as trying to jam police communications. a theory that is nonsense. but that will not stop them continuing to promote it.

both promoted the theory that he as trying to jam police communications. a theory that is nonsense. but that will not stop them continuing to promote it.

Ye quite possible is nonsense but makes no difference to the facts of the story,

Does beg the question what was he doing with his hand ,He makes the same odd movement a few times towards the police mans waist and his eye line is also looking down there even as he is pushed his hand goes back to the same movement with the phone ,

Does any one know what he was actually up to ? did he say ?

Iirc the bail system (in addition to being a fcuked system) only requires you to pay a portion up front.

Ye quite possible is nonsense but makes no difference to the facts of the story,

Does beg the question what was he doing with his hand ,He makes the same odd movement a few times towards the police mans waist and his eye line is also looking down there even as he is pushed his hand goes back to the same movement with the phone ,

Does any one know what he was actually up to ? did he say ?

and now you are at it as well. doing your best to justify the violent response from police

How much time in seconds was there between the order and the refusal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

you dont seem to get sarcasm either. and just to be clear i was mocking your posts when i wrote that.

Of course I got it...

I was just jossing with you...

walshb wrote: »
    Of course I got it...

I was just kissing with you...

Oh my

Oh my

Stop. Bloody typo...😅

Of course I got it...

I was just kissing with you...

Get a room, no PDAs here please

Oh my

tell me about it. i nearly threw up in my mouth.

How much time in seconds was there between the order and the refusal?

More goal posts moving and excuses and blaming everyone but the actual person responsible, the falling man.

More goal posts moving and excuses and blaming everyone but the actual person responsible, the falling man.

It’s a simple question. How much time between the order and the refusal? Oh, no time? How inconvenient for those defending this indefensible act of violence. It’s no wonder you would deflect away from that.

Pushed!.

This discussion is gone beyond the realms of reason.

There's blame on the man walking up, there is blame on the cops for choosing the push and not arrest.

Accidents happen, to die on a hill of its all one or the other is stupid as fcuk.

and now you are at it as well. doing your best to justify the violent response from police

I'm not at anything iv no idea what he was doing , I'm asking has there been any explanation to it ,

• Advertisement

Pushed!.

This discussion is gone beyond the realms of reason.

There's blame on the man walking up, there is blame on the cops for choosing the push and not arrest.

Accidents happen, to die on a hill of its all one or the other is stupid as fcuk.

Fair play. This is reason..

I’ll go with this, as it is pointless going back and forth all day..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement