Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Overheal wants one old man to have the power to stop riot police..
    be careful, your logic and truth wont sit well with overheal who will find fault with this along with everything else.

Mod: Quit the backhanded sniping, both of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Overheal wrote: »
    Do you have evidence that he was a professional agitator? I have yet to see any, barring some right wing message board accusing him of such and trump himself tweeting it.

His blog where he logs all the nonsense he gets up to? Or would you need to see a video of him adding to his blog as someone may have set it up years ago so that when this happened they’d have a back story.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

why was a 75 year old out during the lockdown ?

I think we know. To cause trouble..as his actions prove!

exercising his constitutional rights. and the lockdown hadn't started when he was assaulted.

He was out after curfew ffs. This stuff is basic.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,772 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

His blog where he logs all the nonsense he gets up to? Or would you need to see a video of him adding to his blog as someone may have set it up years ago so that when this happened they’d have a back story.

First I heard of it. Do you have a link?

• Advertisement

First I heard of it. Do you have a link?

I don’t. But I was able to find it fairly handily.

Edit: Found it

https://www.blogger.com/profile/12535061710557436016

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

You’re asking me for proof of a negative, lol. I’m asking you to support your own claim. Burden of proof my guy. You claimed he was a professional agitator where is your proof?

I never claimed he was anything , you've getting over excited

you have asked multiple times things like , how many time was he asked to move , how much time was he giving etc

don't like it when some one asks the same of you ? burden of proof lol

He was out after curfew ffs. This stuff is basic.

Curfews are bull****. We had thousands of people similarly protest lockdowns in April, and none of them were sent to hospital, teargassed or murdered. You can plainly tell that during this “curfew” the attack still happened in broad daylight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

“Old man”. He was a professional agitator. He knew what he was doing. Painting him as some elderly gentleman who got caught up in something he shouldn’t have is nonsense. He got what was coming to him. Perhaps now he’ll have the sense to stay home.

He got what was coming?

What does that mean? I don't want to put words in your mouth but are you saying he deserved a serious head injury.

Curfews are bull****. We had thousands of people similarly protest lockdowns in April, and none of them were sent to hospital, teargassed or murdered. You can plainly tell that during this “curfew” the attack still happened in broad daylight.

Newsflash!! It’s bright after 8pm in the summer.

• Advertisement

mynamejeff wrote: »
    I never claimed he was anything , you've getting over excited

you have asked multiple times things like , how many time was he asked to move , how much time was he giving etc

don't like it when some one asks the same of you ? burden of proof lol

You can ask me to back up any of my claims you like. That’s how it works. My apologies for confusing you with someone else when you jumped in ahead of them with your response to my post addressed at them.

Users claim he was a professional provocateur. We haven’t seen any evidence for this claim. Users claim he was given verbal warnings and refused to comply, we see a video where he is barked orders at while already being shoved, or mere milliseconds from being shoved when orders are given.

joe40 wrote: »
    He got what was coming?

What does that mean? I don't want to put words in your mouth but are you saying he deserved a serious head injury.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

You can ask me to back up any of my claims you like. That’s how it works. My apologies for confusing you with someone else when you jumped in ahead of them with your response to my post addressed at them.

Users claim he was a professional provocateur. We haven’t seen any evidence for this claim. Users claim he was given verbal warnings and refused to comply, we see a video where he is barked orders at while already being shoved, or mere milliseconds from being shoved when orders are given.

I have provided a link to his blog.

Newsflash!! It’s bright after 8pm in the summer.

Not a very meaningful or reasonable curfew time then. And behold, most departments ended their curfews after this assault happened. And behold, most of the unilateral violence against peaceful protesters has been throttled way back, without any feared spike in protester violence. Almost as if, curfews are bull****...

and look how much you were able to claim to know on that few seconds of video .

make all those claims here and in other threads without seeing anything other than a few second of video ,

that's amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Did this guy hold a gun against a pregnant woman's bump and threaten to shoot?

Not a very meaningful or reasonable curfew time then. And behold, most departments ended their curfews after this assault happened. And behold, most of the unilateral violence against peaceful protesters has been throttled way back, without any feared spike in protester violence. Almost as if, curfews are bull****...

so there was a curfew then ? and he was breaching it ? but its ok because in your opinion it wasn't meaningful ,

how many different ways do you want it !!

I don’t. But I was able to find it fairly handily.

Edit: Found it

https://www.blogger.com/profile/12535061710557436016

I’m not seeing what if anything on the blog screams professional anarchist etc. ? Have you found any examples on there that somehow justify being shoved into hospital?

Did this guy hold a gun against a pregnant woman's bump and threaten to shoot?

Not in the last 7+ years or anything. Doesn’t excuse the cops murdering him.

so there was a curfew then ? and he was breaching it ? but its ok because in your opinion it wasn't meaningful ,

how many different ways do you want it !!

No different ways about it. Man was doing nothing wrong by being out a few minutes after a fake curfew. Breaking curfew isn’t an open invitation for skull cracking.

• Advertisement

No different ways about it. Man was doing nothing wrong by being out a few minutes after a fake curfew. Breaking curfew isn’t an open invitation for skull cracking.

lol so regardless of breaking emergency laws (that don't apply because you don't like them ) the man should have been allowed to do as he likes , I assume that applies to every one right ? not just coz he is old .

if you don't like a law you ignore it too ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Not in the last 7+ years or anything. Doesn’t excuse the cops murdering him.

Lovely, and you support this as long as it was over 7 years ago? wtf

lol so regardless of breaking emergency laws (that don't apply because you don't like them ) the man should have been allowed to do as he likes , I assume that applies to every one right ? not just coz he is old .

Have you never read On the Duty of Civil Disobedience? It’s like you don’t understand America at all.

Lovely, and you support this as long as it was over 7 years ago? wtf

Thats not what I said at all. What a fascinating departure from logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

What a fascinating departure from logic.

The ironing is delicious.

Have you never read On the Duty of Civil Disobedience? It’s like you don’t understand America at all.

So was he breaching a curfew and therefor committing an offence (during a period of national emergency ) then or not ?

So was he breaching a curfew and therefor committing an offence (during a period of national emergency ) then or not ?

As far as authoritarians are concerned. However as I already stated this is not an open invitation to escalate violence with nonviolent people. Curfews like lockdowns alike are opposed as being simply unjust. Lockdown violators were not met with violent escalation, but curfew protesters were?

As far as authoritarians are concerned. However as I already stated this is not an open invitation to escalate violence with nonviolent people. Curfews like lockdowns alike are opposed as being simply unjust. Lockdown violators were not met with violent escalation, but curfew protesters were?

I suppose he was violating both then .

your defying logic and becoming embarrassing with the gymnastics trying to push your agenda .

cant you see every one making fun of you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

No, that's not true, the man could easily have been arrested, I would have no problem with that.
    Plenty of others here have said the same.

Knocking him to the ground causing a serious head injury is the problem.
    It's really not complicated

• Advertisement

joe40 wrote: »
    No, that's not true, the man could easily have been arrested, I would have no problem with that.
    Plenty of others here have said the same.

This.

I don’t see how it defies logic to say that curfew violations aside this is no justification for the violent assault that happened to the gentleman. Violating a politically induced curfew does not give officers the carte Blanche to assault maim or kill people.if you think a wily old man is a threat arrest him. You all have handcuffs and zip ties for a reason. They all ended up having to stop for the man anyway, this business that they had to keep moving etc. is pure bull.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement