Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

I know he had a cut on his head and a suspected concussion but did they reveal what injuries he actually got ?

Obviously like everyone else I hope the man is ok after the incident, Hopefully he listens to police direct in future

He suffered a traumatic brain injury (concussion) there. There's no suspected about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 55,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Overheal wrote: »
    Not in the last 7+ years or anything. Doesn’t excuse the cops murdering him.

If the justice system was doing its job properly someone who does this would get minimum 25 years..

Now, would you agree, or in agreeing would this mean you maybe supporting in some way, justice and society?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

The running death count from the protests is now 21.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

xtal191 wrote: »

Only does he not have to live in the past. He can also move far away from the devil white man.

What a racist pos

• Registered Users Posts: 82,772 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

walshb wrote: »
    If the justice system was doing its job properly someone who does this would get minimum 25 years..

Now, would you agree, or in agreeing would this mean you maybe supporting in some way, justice and society?

He served 5 years for 1st degree felony. I think that’s sufficient given he was not in fact the robber that pointed the gun at the woman, he was the one who posed as a utility worker to hold the door open for the other 4 accomplices.

Court document in the link detailing what happened:

https://classichiphopmagazine.com/editor/2020/6/8/george-floyd-posed-as-a-water-company-man-to-rob-a-pregnant-woman

To be fair I don’t know exactly what the person got in terms of years for pointing the gun at the woman, but that person was not George Floyd and if anything I apologize profusely for not calling bull**** on that accusation days ago, but, to be fair it has no bearing on how much force was applied during his May 2020 arrest.

The running death count from the protests is now 21.

That’s sad.

To put this in proper historic context the LA riots involved 63 deaths over 5 days. Mutually inclusive to the fact that 21 dead is tragic, is the fact that these protests which have now gone on for 16+ days, nationwide, is a remarkably lower figure. Is that globally or just the United States?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,359 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

He never said he wasn't. You're making stuff up to suit your agenda and asking loaded questions trying to put words in people's mouths.

Of course you need law and order.

What nobody needs is a force that feels it is free to assault the citizens it's meant to protect because they think they are above the law and there will be no repercussions.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

mynamejeff wrote: »
    I suppose he was violating both then .

your defying logic and becoming embarrassing with the gymnastics trying to push your agenda .

cant you see every one making fun of you ?

Mod

Rein it in with the personal attacks or don't post in the thread again.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Curfews are bull****.

So you advocate people breaking the law ?

I think that is obvious.

Not an ounce of support for police and law and order, even if some posts have that supposed support..

It’s constant blame and excuse no matter what the scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

He served 5 years for 1st degree felony. I think that’s sufficient given he was not in fact the robber that pointed the gun at the woman, he was the one who posed as a utility worker to hold the door open for the other 4 accomplices.

Court document in the link detailing what happened:

https://classichiphopmagazine.com/editor/2020/6/8/george-floyd-posed-as-a-water-company-man-to-rob-a-pregnant-woman

To be fair I don’t know exactly what the person got in terms of years for pointing the gun at the woman, but that person was not George Floyd and if anything I apologize profusely for not calling bull**** on that accusation days ago, but, to be fair it has no bearing on how much force was applied during his May 2020 arrest.

It has no bearing on his death BUT you thought you'd just bring it up anyhow? Yeah right. It's disgusts me that some people want to paint this man in a better light. He served his time and yet years later is drugged up and stealing (allegedly). And for the record this has no bearing on his death whatsoever.

“You jaywalk so I guess you’re in bed with supercriminals now father”

I think that is obvious.

Not an ounce of support for police and law and order, even if some posts have that supposed support..

It’s constant blame and excuse no matter what the scenario.

This whole post is bull. I’ve already previously stated my support for good cops, having recently mentioned with specificity my cordial involvement with the chief of police at Clemson to address concerns about public safety and public relations. The thread has other jokers to gladly tow the “blue can do no wrong” dead horse over the finish line, I hardly see why I need to be expected to include a disclaimer underneath my posts, I take clearly for granted the common sense of others.

This whole post is bull. I’ve already previously stated my support for good cops, having recently mentioned with specificity my cordial involvement with the chief of police at Clemson to address concerns about public safety and public relations. The thread has other jokers to gladly tow the “blue can do no wrong” dead horse over the finish line, I hardly see why I need to be expected to include a disclaimer underneath my posts, I take clearly for granted the common sense of others.

On this thread your view comes across as anti police, anti law and order, pro riots, pro people roaming like feral animals causing mayhem, pro looting, anti responsibility..

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    It has no bearing on his death BUT you thought you'd just bring it up anyhow? Yeah right. It's disgusts me that some people want to paint this man in a better light. He served his time and yet years later is drugged up and stealing (allegedly). And for the record this has no bearing on his death whatsoever.

Ah come on no one reading your post believes you are really that obtuse. I plainly brought it up in direct relation to someone else, alrightythen, dragging it up and walshb piling on to the point. So it’s very strange of you to call me up on responding to it as if I have committed some sort of cardinal sin :rolleyes: jog on

On this thread your view comes across as anti police, anti law and order, pro riots, pro people roaming like feral animals causing mayhem, pro looting, anti responsibility..

Then you don’t know me very well, and what’s more haven’t absorbed my thoughts correctly at all, and this is why there are rules about playing the ball not the man. Your characterization of my position is totally off base.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

I'm sure that poster can speak for himself but I think that is a very unfair comment.
    I have seen no one on this thread condone looting or people roaming like feral animals.

xtal191 wrote: »

As someone largely supportive, that is cringe worthy.

• Advertisement

Then you don’t know me very well, and what’s more haven’t absorbed my thoughts correctly at all, and this is why there are rules about playing the ball not the man. Your characterization of my position is totally off base.

Fair points. I retract my post on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Ah come on no one reading your post believes you are really that obtuse. I plainly brought it up in direct relation to someone else, alrightythen, dragging it up and walshb piling on to the point. So it’s very strange of you to call me up on responding to it as if I have committed some sort of cardinal sin :rolleyes: jog on

You've already stated numerous times that his character has no bearing on his death so why even bother bringing it up.

Jog on? What are you the gate keeper? Aren't you the poster that said the old man was "giving the helmet" back to the PO. Looks to me like your learning as you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,608 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

You realize everyone else can read that posters contributions as much as you can.

This judgement of their content is like something Tucker Carlson would read and is a widely inaccurate thing to say.

joe40 wrote: »
    I'm sure that poster can speak for himself but I think that is a very unfair comment.
    I have seen no one on this thread condone looting or people roaming like feral animals.

Well, my view is that if your are not utterly condemning it, or if there are buts and ifs being infered, then you are indirectly condoning it. And there is a Sh1t load of this about.

My general view. Not specific to any individuals..

Well, my view is that if your are not utterly condemning it, or if there are buts and ifs being infered, then you are indirectly condoning it. And there is a Sh1t load of this about.

In the real world things are seldom that black and white.

Look at all the trouble in our country, I have my own opinions and no point getting into them here, but the conflict was complex and nuanced.

I remember when the March was forced down Garvaghy road 1998 I think, I was angry and fully supported the anger of the nationalist community.
    That led to violence that I won't condemn.
    Does that make me anti law and order, maybe it does.

At the same time I can fully condemn IRA atrocities such as pub bombings, Enniskillen etc.

joe40 wrote: »
    In the real world things are seldom that black and white.

Look at all the trouble in our country, I have my own opinions and no point getting into them here, but the conflict was complex and nuanced.

I remember when the March was forced down Garvaghy road 1998 I think, I was angry and fully supported the anger of the nationalist community.
    That led to violence that I won't condemn.
    Does that make me anti law and order, maybe it does.

At the same time I can fully condemn IRA atrocities such as pub bombings, Enniskillen etc.

I too fully supported the Garvaghy road residents..

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    You've already stated numerous times that his character has no bearing on his death so why even bother bringing it up.
    I didn’t, another user, alrightythen, did, whom I responded to, walshb in turn responded to me and I in turned responded to him which is where you jumped in accusing me of being the one to bring it up.

I reject your leaps in logic. They are the same leaps in logic people employ to accuse others of being racist for not being in a march or for cleaning graffiti off their store fronts. If you’re not 100% with us waving our flag etc then you’re the enemy claptrap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

“You jaywalk so I guess you’re in bed with supercriminals now father”

I do not break the law,and you might be a mod but that does not give you the right but dont try to imply I do.

I respect the law, just because you do not, dont try and paint me otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

His age is evidence. What do you think geriatric means??

Do you know what it means? It means to an older person in need of healthcare, again where is the evidence he was receiving health care ( obviously before the incident)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement