Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

US2 wrote: »

He is a Labour Politician. The Labour Party that just got it's worst spanking in 60 years.

Everything is to the extreme far right of him.

Ask him if these thugs are men with born with penises or men born with vagina's....that'll get the feminists in the Party knickers in such a twist they'll oust him!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/walmart-will-stop-putting-multicultural-products-locked-cases-n1229461
    Walmart will no longer place "multicultural hair care and beauty products" in locked cases in any of its stores, the company confirmed Wednesday.

Walmart spokesman Lorenzo Lopez told NBC News that the company is "sensitive to the issue and understands the concerns" and would be implementing the change in policy “as soon as possible.”

Like other retailers, the cases were put in place to deter shoplifters from some products such as electronics, automotive, cosmetics and other personal care products" Lopez said.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,540 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

US2 wrote: »

Welcome to the era of ****wittery. Well, I guess it masks over his own failures in tackling Covid-19.

But it's typical really. The left can never go too far, but anyone to the 'right' of Labour is hard/far-right.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,771 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

walshb wrote: »
    They are there to do their jobs, which is to restore law and order, not kneel with those who are disrespecting law and order. They are to be above this. It is not right that they act this way during their policing duties. It's absurd. Whatever they feel in private is their business.

It’s not private at all there’s blood on our streets. This blue wall of silence bull**** has to end, and it’s high time the people romanticizing it cop on.

Yesterday people where banging on about how the police should have been more professional in the 75 yearold incident
    Today the same people want the police to be unprofessional about something else,

There’s nothing unprofessional about community engagement.

• Advertisement

100s if not thousands of protesters all over the world have got push from police in the last week or so and no ones bated an eyelid , unfortunately the 75 year old fell over and banged his head,

It is what it is ,i think it was totally blown out of proportion but you have your view which is fair enough ,

Its over with so move on with your life ,

Where do you find this complete bull****? We are putting cops away in droves this month for excessive force!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Nermal

Here's some 'community engagement' going on in London.

https://twitter.com/Michael_Heaver/status/1270828978551619591

The only way to de-escalate with a rabble is to show overwhelmingly superior force.

The police should have a political position: anti-anarchy.

Is the police Union boss a government job ?

In all matter of effect yes. They are employed through tax dollars skimmed right off the paycheck of officers, right alongside worker’s compensation and pension and other payroll deduction. The cities they police negotiate union contracts with them. Public pressure can get a union boss canned. Look what’s happening in Minneapolis.

2u2me wrote: »
    When it started being framed as 'systemic racism' that's exactly the point when it became political.

Then it’s been political for 400 years.

The 13th amendment to the Constitution prohibits slavery EXCEPT for prisoners.

Yet people see how blacks make over 40% of the prison population in the United States today, 2+ million strong, even though blacks as a whole make up about 16% of the population

And some people still somehow get in their heads “wow... that must mean blacks are supercriminals” :rolleyes: look a little closer fellas.

Nermal wrote: »

The only way to de-escalate with a rabble is to show overwhelmingly superior force.

“The only way to de escalate is extreme escalation”

That’s what you said. That’s the problem with society.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Would the lad not try help the police officer?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

markodaly wrote: »
    Welcome to the era of ****wittery. Well, I guess it masks over his own failures in tackling Covid-19.

But it's typical really. The left can never go too far, but anyone to the 'right' of Labour is hard/far-right.

To be fair every single failing in the world ever is the right or the far rights fault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Overheal wrote: »
    Yet people see how blacks make over 40% of the prison population in the United States today, 2+ million strong, even though blacks as a whole make up about 16% of the population

93% of the prison population is male. The disparity of sentencing among sexes is 6 times that of disparity between races for the same crimes.

No one says the US is systematically sexist; why is that.

New presentation from Dave about George Floyd and other simmering injustices and why it’s bull**** to expect celebrities to be the spokespeople for this

• Registered Users Posts: 55,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

This is what people want. And their promoting of anarchy and lawlessness (under the guise of “peaceful” protesting) is what is the problem.

Utter madness going on right now, and the police, who are trying to protect everyone, are getting it from all sides...disgusting.

And you can bet people will look at this video and roast the police for brutality..

2u2me wrote: »
    93% of the prison population is male. The disparity of sentencing among sexes is 6 times that of disparity between races for the same crimes.

No one says the US is systematically sexist; why is that.

Are you sure nobody says that?

Wouldn’t the website you pulled that from have said that?

Aren’t YOU saying that?

Maybe you should stop making these ****ing ridiculous sweeping statements.

Women don’t make as good of laborers as men. It’s a multi billion dollar industry.

And some people still somehow get in their heads “wow... that must mean blacks are supercriminals” :rolleyes: look a little closer fellas.

Supercriminals?

Are you implying that a percentage black people in prison are there unjustly?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Where do you find this complete bull****? We are putting cops away in droves this month for excessive force!

Find me one other case where cop has been put away for a push ?
    If there was one must have missed it ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Don't forget that 16% commits 52% of the murders. Maybe they're more criminally inclined ??? A bit like George Floyd who done a home invasion and held a gun up to a pregnant woman

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

There’s nothing unprofessional about community engagement.

You only say that because you agree with the protest in this case,

For instance if Garda while in uniform on the job publicly backed people who where out to canvas a NO vote for to repealing the 8th would you say that's professional

Before you start the gymnastic you like to perform a Yes or a No is all im looking for ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Don't forget that 16% commits 52% of the murders. Maybe they're more criminally inclined ??? A bit like George Floyd who done a home invasion and held a gun up to a pregnant woman

No he didn't. Posted yesterday by Overheal it was one his accomplices

• Registered Users Posts: 14,540 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

To be fair every single failing in the world ever is the right or the far rights fault

I hope that is sarcasm.

Find me one other case where cop has been put away for a push ?
    If there was one must have missed it ,

It was a violent push.....:rolleyes:

Supercriminals?

Are you implying that a percentage black people in prison are there unjustly?

Unequivocally 100% yes that is what I am telling you, categorically in the affirmative. Absolutely. Without hesitation. Black men AND women are put into jail to keep prisons profitable. For a long time in modern history there were mandatory life sentences for crack cocaine possession. Imagine going away for life for having $75 worth of crack; a lot of these sentences do not have the possibility of parole. That’s what has happened in my country. These are facts.

https://www.sentencingproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Cracked-Justice.pdf

It was a violent push.....:rolleyes:

By definition yes it absolutely was roll your eyes all you like

52% of convicted murderers.

Hmm.

Hm.

Not like we’ve ever sent an innocent black person to jail before. Have you heard of the Central Park five or not

And before I let it go unanswered again george Floyd is not the accomplice who aimed the gun at the pregnant woman. If you don’t believe me the court documents are online help yourself I’ve posted them up before.

Without hesitation. Black men AND women poor people are put into jail to keep prisons profitable.

FYP. White people also receive the same treatment, likewise hispanics, asians. Just to different varying degrees.

Why split the poor vote between black and white it makes no sense

Are you sure nobody says that?

Wouldn’t the website you pulled that from have said that?
    Wikipedia says a lot of things. Sexist or sexism doesn't appear once on that page.

If you were to try and say the criminal justice system was sexist you would be laughed out of anywhere you said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    Now you can order food by race.

The most extreme views I've seen from the BLM leaders/protestors seems to be that they are looking for segregation. Boggles the mind. :confused: The moderates aren't denouncing this ****; too afraid to speak up.

They want an apartheid; where there is different justice systems for people with different colour skins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement