Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Overheal wrote: »
    By definition yes it absolutely was roll your eyes all you like

By definition the police used self defence ,

You can push someone way if you tell them numerous times to go away but they continue to walking towards you ,

But you only like to use definition where it suits you

• Registered Users Posts: 82,771 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

2u2me wrote: »
    FYP. White people also receive the same treatment, likewise hispanics, asians. Just to different varying degrees.

Why split the poor vote between black and white it makes no sense

You are also correct.

It’s really heartbreaking to see with “crack babies”:

Addict a community to crack,
    Ban abortions,
    Vilify abortions,
    Baby is born addicted to crack cocaine,
    Mother is arrested,
    Baby becomes a ward of the state,
    Nobody adopts crack baby,
    Crack baby becomes a teenage delinquent,
    Crack teen caught with crack,
    Held in jail to await sentencing,
    In jail abused by guards,
    In jail abused by other inmates,
    (If you think I’m exaggerating look up The Program at Rikers Island),
    So whether or not there’s a conviction this young man is already being institutionalized, and then,
    Life without parole (this is changing but inmates are still there),
    Born and raised into a prison system.

By definition the police used self defence ,

You can push someone way if you tell them numerous times to go away but they continue to walking towards you ,

But you only like to use definition where it suits you

No it was not self defense. I cannot believe you are still withering and dying on this stupid mother****ing hill. They are arrested. Dig the **** up already?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

By definition yes it absolutely was roll your eyes all you like

What definition?

Seriously, you think a dictionary can prove you right here?

No it was not self defense. I cannot believe you are still withering and dying on this stupid mother****ing hill. They are arrested. Dig the **** up already?

Can be arrested all they want it won't stick I court

• Advertisement

You only say that because you agree with the protest in this case,

For instance if Garda while in uniform on the job publicly backed people who where out to canvas a NO vote for to repealing the 8th would you say that's professional

Before you start the gymnastic you like to perform a Yes or a No is all im looking for ?

More false dichotomy’s? Equivocate a constitutional amendment debate (evenly split in the polls mind you) with whether or not police should acknowledge that the lives of people in the communities they police and have been murdering Matter.

Fcuk your yes or no question.

Oh you’re a god damn bar certified US attorney now?

Well that’s ****ing convenient.

More false dichotomy’s? Equivocate a constitutional amendment debate (evenly split in the polls mind you) with whether or not police should acknowledge that the lives of people in the communities they police and have been murdering Matter.

Fcuk your yes or no question.

Why does it matter what the debate is or if it splits the polls or not ?

So basically your admitting the police should only have the right to show there feelings if YOU or the majority of the public agree ?

Can you not see the problem with your logic ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

No he didn't. Posted yesterday by Overheal it was one his accomplices

Ah sure that's ok , he didn't have the gun but still took part in a home invasion , seems like a decent skin

Oh you’re a god damn bar certified US attorney now?

Well that’s ****ing convenient.

No im just a person with common sense,

• Advertisement

Why does it matter what the debate is or if it splits the polls or not ?

So basically your admitting the police should only have the right to show there feelings if YOU or the majority of the public agree ?

Can you not see the problem with your logic ?

No I don’t see any problem with the logic. We have 17,000 police departments in my country, which a bar certified US attorney would know. Police are very localized to the communities they serve. Police can take a knee if they want to remind the people they serve and protect that their lives matter. They aren’t taking a knee telling these people how to vote! Jesus

Ah sure that's ok , he didn't have the gun but still took part in a home invasion , seems like a decent skin

It’s still important to be clear with the facts.

And even when you are clear with these facts they do not justify or diminish how wrong his murder was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Saying he didn't hold the gun is a fact. I'm in no way saying he was a good skin for just being involved in it. Totally a sh!t thing to do. Thankfully he was caught and punished for committing this crime.
    I could say you see him being murdered at the knee of a cop as justice being served yet again on him for a crime he paid his dues for through being in prison..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

walshb wrote: »
    Yeh, but she was protesting. Nothing to see here!

Well Miss Channon can be getting used to a new girlfriend for the next 10 years

And even when you are clear with these facts they do not justify or diminish how wrong his murder was.

I agree I was disgusted by his killing and the cop is getting done for it, eveything after I'm totally against , peaceful protests fine, looting and vandalism not so much . All this BLM is bullsh*t , until they sort out their problems in their own communities more black people are gonna continue dying , not by the police but by other black people . Sure we're even seeing it now in parts of Ireland gangs of black youths running riot in places. A lot of their culture is toxic glorifying gangstas, drugs, guns , thug life etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

We'll see what the D.A. has to say about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

It’s really heartbreaking to see with “crack babies”:

Born and raised into a prison system.

Isn't abortion legal now especially in the most liberal cities where we're seeing the most police brutality? (I'm not sure what part abortion has to play in this tbh I have never looked into it)

Most people arrested aren't women, they're men. So even though your story is true; it's only part of the story. To make it fair; you would have to tell the story of 12 men to balance the narrative.

Most men in the US now realise the american dream is dead. There is no social mobility anymore; any accusation against you is a smear for life(social or in law).
    People earn more respect in criminal enterprises.

Why would anyone become a police officer these days if people are going to spit at you when you turn up to work? Become a criminal you could be "the man", on the streets or in prison.

Work hard all your life as an upstanding citizen and your life will be ruined because your hand came too close to someone's ass once twenty years ago.
    Lose your job over a a pointed finger or a whispering accusation. Of course one could go the other way and constantly virtue-signal how upstanding they are, but as we've seen from J.K. Rowling this doesn't work either.

Look at the MLS Serbian footballer Aleksandar Katai who was fired last week.
    • He was forced to apologize for his wife about something she wrote on twitter while he was practicising. Something he probably wasn't even aware of.
    • He was forced to apologize for her; that wasn't enough
    • He was forced to denounce his wife(something even the courts wouldn't do); that wasn't enough
    • He was then fired, and sent out through a mob of protestors in a walk of shame.

What did he do? He didn't control his woman properly? It seems we're going backwards; not forwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭THE_SHEEP

Who was murdered ?

Are YOU being clear with facts ?

Or suiting your own agenda ?

I agree I was disgusted by his killing and the cop is getting done for it, eveything after I'm totally against , peaceful protests fine, looting and vandalism not so much . All this BLM is bullsh*t , until they sort out their problems in their own communities more black people are gonna continue dying , not by the police but by other black people . Sure we're even seeing it now in parts of Ireland gangs of black youths running riot in places. A lot of their culture is toxic glorifying gangstas, drugs, guns , thug life etc.

You have the wrong impression of the problem. You don’t seem to understand why these communities are so fcuked to begin with, you don’t seem to understand why the cycle of gang culture keeps repeating itself. A first time offender can come back out of jail a hardened gang member because that’s what it takes to survive in the penal system. You join in or you die. That’s not hyperbole.

Until you recognize that police officers are in a gang, you are stuck on square one.

I listened to a video on FB there of a black man. Former cop or mayor or something, and he said cops are less likely to get rough with black people than white people....

This whole movement is an absolute disgraceful overreaction to a death.

THE_SHEEP wrote: »
    Who was murdered ?

Are YOU being clear with facts ?

Or suiting your own agenda ?

George Floyd was murdered. Officers have been arrested for his murder. Officers have been charged with his murder. It’s murder.

You watched that video and don’t think a murder happened? If so what the hell is wrong with you?

I listened to a video on FB there of a black man. Former cop or mayor or something, and he said cops are less likely to get rough with black people than white people....

So you took the word of one former mayor or cop or something over an overwhelming body of evidence? And you attack me for bad logic.. !

You have the wrong impression of the problem. You don’t seem to understand why these communities are so fcuked to begin with, you don’t seem to understand why the cycle of gang culture keeps repeating itself. A first time offender can come back out of jail a hardened gang member because that’s what it takes to survive in the penal system. You join in or you die. That’s not hyperbole.

Until you recognize that police officers are in a gang, you are stuck on square one.

For crying out loud....will you give it a rest with the excuses. Page after page after page after page excusing and blaming everyone else....it's pathetic.

That is not me attacking you personally. It's your posting....

Do you not see it yourself? Everything is someone else's fault with you.....

It's odd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

ollkiller wrote: »
    Is it too hard to ask that a cop can assess what is a threat and what isn't. And it was obvious the 75 old man wasn't a threat. They could have easily walked around him. But no we'll go with the Robocop mentality on a 75 year old. They should be charged just for being that stupid.

If they allow one person to break the line and approach them and start acting the bollix without consequence what type of precedent do you think that will set? It's unfortunate he fell and hit his head but his own actions led to that situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭THE_SHEEP

George Floyd was murdered. Officers have been arrested for his murder. Officers have been charged with his murder. It’s murder.

You watched that video and don’t think a murder happened? If so what the hell is wrong with you?

Please provide evidence of the said officers being convicted of murder ? ( A clue : judge and jury , an actual JUDGEMENT against these officers )

And not just your " opinion " .

You know , clarity , and all that .

( P.s Only person with a conviction , in this instance , is Mr G . Floyd ) .

Can you tell me why are black gangs acting like this in Ireland then , you don't see it happening with eastern Europeans kids , Asian kids or any other kids of immigrates we've taken in . They've never suffered any hardship over here and yet they act like little scumbags . The Australian government took in 30 ,000 Sudanese into Melbourne and now same story again , their kids all think they're Tupac and they're running amok over their aswell

https://youtu.be/YfdYj8SR2qs

• Advertisement

And the funny thing is the black community hate him cos he speaks out about the problems in his community.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement