Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,771 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

2u2me wrote: »
    Isn't abortion legal now especially in the most liberal cities where we're seeing the most police brutality? (I'm not sure what part abortion has to play in this tbh I have never looked into it)

Most people arrested aren't women, they're men. So even though your story is true; it's only part of the story. To make it fair; you would have to tell the story of 12 men to balance the narrative.

Most men in the US now realise the american dream is dead. There is no social mobility anymore; any accusation against you is a smear for life(social or in law).
    People earn more respect in criminal enterprises.

Why would anyone become a police officer these days if people are going to spit at you when you turn up to work? Become a criminal you could be "the man", on the streets or in prison.

Work hard all your life as an upstanding citizen and your life will be ruined because your hand came too close to someone's ass once twenty years ago.
    Lose your job over a a pointed finger or a whispering accusation. Of course one could go the other way and constantly virtue-signal how upstanding they are, but as we've seen from J.K. Rowling this doesn't work either.

Look at the MLS Serbian footballer Aleksandar Katai who was fired last week.
    • He was forced to apologize for his wife about something she wrote on twitter while he was practicising. Something he probably wasn't even aware of.
    • He was forced to apologize for her; that wasn't enough
    • He was forced to denounce his wife(something even the courts wouldn't do); that wasn't enough
    • He was then fired, and sent out through a mob of protestors in a walk of shame.

What did he do? He didn't control his woman properly? It seems we're going backwards; not forwards.

Cancel culture is protected by the first amendment. It’s like that ex wife of Johnny Depp you think anyone who was beside her wasn’t throughly incredibly dimly of?

Abortions are a whole other hill of beans in the United States. I don’t want to expand on it here there’s not enough room, only to say that it is a beleaguered system that is constantly under threat from conservatives defunding it, throwing TRAP laws at it (Target Regulation of Abortion Providers, eg. Oh you want to administer abortifacients, well to do that you need to be a full surgical facility with this and that and you can’t be 1 mile from a school and and and), and since Trump was elected red states have passed all sorts of unconstitutional bans via heartbeat bills etc. specifically designed to trigger a new SCOTUS case hoping to overthrow Roe v Wade now that they have a majority on the bench, which they got by refusing to confirm Scalia’s replacement under Obama. That’s what this whole election in 2016 was about at its core, and most voters were distracted by emails and PizzaGate. 2020 is the same **** with Ginsburg looking to retire. Not to mention that people in power have constantly sought to shame black people (and liberals) because they abort often, and have placed stigmas around it. “Oh you don’t care about diversity whatabout black abortions” ignoring the fact that the person on the other side of that argument is often ignorantly advocating for more and more cradle-to-prison to happen. /rant

Can you tell me why are black gangs acting like this in Ireland then , you don't see it happening with eastern Europeans kids , Asian kids or any other kids of immigrates we've taken in . They've never suffered any hardship over here and yet they act like little scumbags . The Australian government took in 30 ,000 Sudanese into Melbourne and now same story again , their kids all think they're Tupac and they're running amok over their aswell

https://youtu.be/YfdYj8SR2qs

I’ve got enough **** to talk about and unpack here in the United States that I don’t need to go down a rabbit hole with your problems over there or somewhere else. What happens in Ireland is not the same is what happens in Melbourne is not the same as what happens in Minneapolis is not the same as what happens in Los Angeles or in New York. We have got too much **** to unpack right here without obfuscating to an international scope.

walshb wrote: »
    For crying out loud....will you give it a rest with the excuses. Page after page after page after page excusing and blaming everyone else....it's pathetic.

That is not me attacking you personally. It's your posting....

Do you not see it yourself? Everything is someone else's fault with you.....

It's odd

We have a real problem here when someone trying to explain to you the root causes of the problem is smeared as an excuse monger.

I’m done talking with you then. You can try and figure this **** out on your own if that’s your attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭THE_SHEEP

THE_SHEEP wrote: »
    Please provide evidence of the said officers being convicted of murder ? ( A clue : judge and jury , an actual JUDGEMENT against these officers )

And not just your " opinion " .

You know , clarity , and all that .

( P.s Only person with a conviction , in this instance , is Mr G . Floyd ) .

Please answer my above question !!

Or, are you just going to ignore it ?

Why am I not surprised by the lack of response .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Overheal wrote: »
    I’ve got enough **** to talk about and unpack here in the United States that I don’t need to go down a rabbit hole with your problems over there or somewhere else. What happens in Ireland is not the same is what happens in Melbourne is not the same as what happens in Minneapolis is not the same as what happens in Los Angeles or in New York. We have got too much **** to unpack right here without obfuscating to an international scope.

Well your the one waffling on about all the problems they face and granted some of them are genuine in America but yet when I ask you to explain how blacks kids are running amok here and Australia where they don't face the same issues as they do in the states you can't answer that ???

• Advertisement

Please provide evidence of the said officers being convicted of murder ? ( A clue : judge and jury , an actual JUDGEMENT against these officers )

And not just your " opinion " .

You know , clarity , and all that .

( P.s Only person with a conviction , in this instance , is Mr G . Floyd ) .

This is among the dumbest attempts at being clever in this entire thread.

I said it was murder. It is.

I said they were arrested they were. I said they were charged with murder. They were charged with murder.

Sheep walks up thinking he’s all clever saying “duuuuuh prove they were convicted”

Knowing full well we are far from that point. You are posting in bad faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

We have a real problem here when someone trying to explain to you the root causes of the problem is smeared as an excuse monger.

I’m done talking with you then. You can try and figure this **** out on your own if that’s your attitude.

It's easier than you think to figure out

People to stop committing crime........people. Not cops. People

People to take responsibility for their actions and behaviors,

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Carioco

Does the Irish boxing community know your a racist?

Mod

Banned.

Well your the one waffling on about all the problems they face and granted some of them are genuine in America but yet when I ask you to explain how blacks kids are running amok here and Australia where they don't face the same issues as they do in the states you can't answer that ???

I genuinely cannot answer that because in the grand scheme of things I know fcuk all about Australia. Sorry not sorry. It’s hot there, land trains, sting rays murdered steve Irwin (self defense but you know still sad), and frogs like the plague or was it rats or bugs actually it could be all those things at different times. I don’t know anything about the politics or law enforcement or race relations or domestic affairs of Australia so you will have to find yourself another expert to talk to.

Oh and the matrix was filmed there. Third one had an unsatisfying conclusion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

The most extreme views I've seen from the BLM leaders/protestors seems to be that they are looking for segregation. Boggles the mind. :confused: The moderates aren't denouncing this ****; too afraid to speak up.

They want an apartheid; where there is different justice systems for people with different colour skins.

Where is that been asked for. Is it from anyone of influence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

I genuinely cannot answer that because in the grand scheme of things I know fcuk all about Australia. Sorry not sorry. It’s hot there, land trains, sting rays murdered steve Irwin (self defense but you know still sad), and frogs like the plague or was it rats or bugs actually it could be all those things at different times. I don’t know anything about the politics or law enforcement or race relations or domestic affairs of Australia so you will have to find yourself another expert to talk to.

Oh and the matrix was filmed there. Third one had an unsatisfying conclusion though.

Well a bit closer to home then , why are African gangs running amok in some parts of Ireland then ? Their parents have been well looked after by our government and yet some of their kids act like thugs ? Is it the white man's fault again

This is among the dumbest attempts at being clever in this entire thread.

I said it was murder. It is.

I said they were arrested they were. I said they were charged with murder. They were charged with murder.

Sheep walks up thinking he’s all clever saying “duuuuuh prove they were convicted”

Knowing full well we are far from that point. You are posting in bad faith.

Still won't answer my question ??????

Head in the sand agenda guy .

And you accuse me of being " dumb "

Really .

Well a bit closer to home then , why are African gangs running amok in some parts of Ireland then ? Their parents have been well looked after by our government and yet a lot of their kids act like thugs ? Is it the white man's fault again

I haven’t lived in Ireland since 2007 and I only lived there starting about 2000, I was a teenager and I took no absorption of any gang culture or gang related politics while I was there so again I’m afraid I am not the guy you need to talk to and there is little I can say to answer your questions. I will say that white Irish kids, as young as 6 and 7 were listening to rap music etc. when I left. If they chose to romanticize gang culture into their own warped little thing it’s a facsimile of the US and has little direct bearing on the root of the problems in the US. Ultimately I’m just not who you need to be talking to if you want an earnest discussion about gangs in Ireland for which there is an entire, long running thread about on the forum, of which I have not posted in because I have nothing to add.

Still won't answer my question ??????

Head in the sand agenda guy .

And you accuse me of being " dumb "

Really .
    I already answered your question: that you know full well conviction is far ahead of us. That I never claimed anyone was convicted of his murder and that you pretending that is what I claimed is bad faith posting. I am calling you a bad faith poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

The most extreme views I've seen from the BLM leaders/protestors seems to be that they are looking for segregation. Boggles the mind. :confused: The moderates aren't denouncing this ****; too afraid to speak up.

They want an apartheid; where there is different justice systems for people with different colour skins.

Where is that been asked for. Is it from anyone of influence.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Carioco wrote: »
    Does the Irish boxing community know your a racist?

Can you please show where he is racist ?
    You know its disgusting to make something up about someone with no base for the accusation ,

Myself and Walshy have had our disagreements but the guys is not racist in any form ,

Clearly you haven’t reviewed the reality of what’s happening in America. And you’ve already labeled me an excuse monger for helping explain it to you. So I just won’t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

George Floyd was murdered. Officers have been arrested for his murder. Officers have been charged with his murder. It’s murder.
    There are still no convictions, but I agree it's clear the police caused his death.

No I don’t see any problem with the logic. We have 17,000 police departments in my country, which a bar certified US attorney would know. Police are very localized to the communities they serve. Police can take a knee if they want to remind the people they serve and protect that their lives matter. They aren’t taking a knee telling these people how to vote! Jesus

I know that in this case your probably right but where do you draw the line ?

You seem to think you have all the answers ,

So how do you then decide what social movements to political ones they can NOT join on the job ?
    How do you decide that point where its "WRONG"

For example say there is white power rally and a cop works in a hick town where it takes place should they be allowed join because the community they serve agree with it ?

Surely your not saying they can join any social movement they agree with while on duty ?

You can not fairly draw a line and have one rule for some and one rule for others ,

So instead you tell police while there on the job and on duty they put there social and political idea aside and do the job there paid to do ,

• Advertisement

I know that in this case your probably right but where do you draw the line ?

You seem to think you have all the answers ,

So how do you then decide what social movements to political ones they can NOT join on the job ?
    How do you decide that point where its "WRONG"

For example say there is white power rally and a cop works in a hick town where it takes place should they be allowed join because the community they serve agree with it ?

Surely your not saying they can join any social movement they agree with while on duty ?

You can not fairly draw a line and have one rule for some and one rule for others ,

So instead you tell police while there on the job and on duty they put there social and political idea aside and do the job there paid to do ,

Telling a cop he can’t connect with the people he protects and serves or else he will be fired by the same unions that have been identified as part of the problem, is simply wrong.

There are defined rules about police being neutral in that they can’t flash bumper stickers or buttons or picket signs etc. but we are talking about a really simple gesture. It’s not even one degree removed from firing officers for hugging members of the public grieving over the violence.

I don’t have all the answers I just speak often and loudly about the things I do know and about where you and others can find your own information about it. If I just start dumping links none of you will read it, or watch it. So we’re having a more personal conversation about it, as is tradition on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,606 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I listened to a video on FB there of a black man. Former cop or mayor or something, and he said cops are less likely to get rough with black people than white people....

This whole movement is an absolute disgraceful overreaction to a death.

I listened to a black man talk about how a black cop reported his white partner for the use of excessive violence and the black cop was fired.

People aren't just protesting because of George Floyd.
    His death was the straw that put the camels back under even more pressure, if not broke it entirely. Only time will tell exactly which it was.

You are long enough talking on this thread to no longer be able to claim ignorance of just what is happening and why.

I already answered your question: that you know full well conviction is far ahead of us. That I never claimed anyone was convicted of his murder and that you pretending that is what I claimed is bad faith posting. I am calling you a bad faith poster.

So you'll admit that the officer in question, has not been convicted of murder , and is therefore INNOCENT till proven guilty .

I know that was tough for you , with your agenda and all , and I applaud you for your honesty .

You see , my point is .

You cannot post on forums about certain people's rights , or lack of , and deny other people their rights ( right to fair trial etc ) .

You come across to fair minded people , such as myself , as being a " Coin " , ( ie two faced ).

I listened to a black man talk about how a black cop reported his white partner for the use of excessive violence and the black cop was fired.

People aren't just protesting because of George Floyd.
    His death was the straw that put the camels back under even more pressure, if not broke it entirely. Only time will tell exactly which it was.

You are long enough talking on this thread to no longer be able to claim ignorance of just what is happening and why.

That’s the cop who went on to kill two other cops in an act of vigilante justice, who was then chased to a cabin by 400 police officers. I vividly remember watching that unfold live in my fathers living room. You best believe cops are a gang. Four h u n d r e d officers for one perp. They wanted a lynching. The police scanner that day isn’t flattering.

So you'll admit that the officer in question, has not been convicted of murder , and is therefore INNOCENT till proven guilty .

I know that was tough for you , with your agenda and all , and I applaud you for your honesty .

You see , my point is .

You cannot post on forums about certain people's rights , or lack of , and deny other people their rights ( right to fair trial etc ) .

You come across to fair minded people , such as myself , as being a " Coin " , ( ie two faced ).

This is what I mean about you being a bad faith poster. Instead of all of that back and forth drivel all you had to add to what I said was “they haven’t been convicted yet, let’s wait and see etc” instead you went to great lengths to pretend yourself very clever for nothing of value.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

This is what I mean about you being a bad faith poster. Instead of all of that back and forth drivel all you had to add to what I said was “they haven’t been convicted yet, let’s wait and see etc” instead you went to great lengths to pretend yourself very clever for nothing of value.

But don't you think people (everyone everywhere) all over labeling Chauvin a murderer right form the get go is not right?

Labeling the death as murder....

I know he has been charged with murder. First it was 3rd degree and now 2nd I believe.

The man has not even been in court for the trial yet.

Telling a cop he can’t connect with the people he protects and serves or else he will be fired by the same unions that have been identified as part of the problem, is simply wrong.

There are defined rules about police being neutral in that they can’t flash bumper stickers or buttons or picket signs etc. but we are talking about a really simple gesture. It’s not even one degree removed from firing officers for hugging members of the public grieving over the violence.

I don’t have all the answers I just speak often and loudly about the things I do know and about where you and others can find your own information about it. If I just start dumping links none of you will read it, or watch it. So we’re having a more personal conversation about it, as is tradition on boards.

I'll ask the same question again how do you decide when letting him do it is right or wrong,

"Telling a cop he can’t connect with the people he protects and serves or else he will be fired by the same unions that have been identified as part of the problem, is simply wrong "

A white cop in a hick town could use your above definition in way that would be completely wrong ,

The Nazi's had " simply gesture " in there fu*cked up eyes , I know in this case its not like that but to make sure these things don't happen down the line it would be easier to tell cops to remain neutral while on Duty ,

I have already said I don't agree with the "Why" from the Union boss

But don't you think people (everyone everywhere) all over labeling Chauvin a murderer right form the get go is not right?

I know he has been charged with murder. First it was 3rd degree and now 2nd I believe.

I don’t need to be a veterinarian to know a horse when I see one. I don’t need any special credentials to watch a murder happen right before my eyes and know what it is.

All the court will decide is how premeditated it was, and whether the murder happened under qualified immunity. That’s it. That’s all window dressing to the fact that he was murdered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Christy42

Great. Good to hear basically no one has been looting or rioting and you have complained of neither over the last while. Brilliant news. How many of them have seen a court room at this stage?

I saw a post about a women setting fire to police cars. She could use an apology front he thread as well.

• Advertisement

Christy42 wrote: »
    Great. Good to hear basically no one has been looting or rioting and you have complained of neither over the last while. Brilliant news. How many of them have seen a court room at this stage?

I saw a post about a women setting fire to police cars. She could use an apology front he thread as well.
    Thank you exactly this. People didn’t need to wait for convictions to call looting “looting” or arson “arson.”

George Floyd was murdered.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement