Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Try reading or watching a channel without an agenda to push such as CNN

What in the video have they somehow faked?Have they edited in all the police? How were they sheltering a guy from all those police?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I can't understand people justifying the arrest of journalists. Can the police literally do no wrong?
    When it comes to those uppity blacks, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Try reading or watching a channel without an agenda to push such as CNN

Deep state was it that used their mad skillz to fabricate something on live TV?

Get a grip of yourself.

How do you know it's not what happened?

I have watched it 3 times. They didn't move.

Did you try using your ears too?

HTF are people even trying to spin or question this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Thousands of black people ignoring the law and running riots through the city and you idiots still looking to blame Donald and the police. Hopefully the NG and police start loading real rounds instead of rubber ones.

Is that what you would do? Shoot dead protestors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,708 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

They asked where to move to? You do this on every thread, the facts are literally there on video.

It does not matter how many times they asked, they didn't move.

That's the only fact I can see, they stayed in situ.

If they'd have moved, no issue. They could have easily moved to the sidewalk in the first instance.

Camera still rolling wherever it is . they just cut back to it.

Seems to be with the crew being released but they havnt talked to the crew yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

If the cops tell you to move on during a riot and madness, you fooking well move on.....quit the smart arse replies of where? That is what gets you a smack.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

If they'd have moved, no issue. They could have easily moved to the sidewalk in the first instance.
    The police grabbed his arms ffs would ya stop. They’ve just been released, which means it was a wrongful arrest. You’re disputing a fact.

walshb wrote: »
    If the cops tell you to move on during a riot and madness, you fooking well move on.....quit the smart arse replies of where? That is what gets you a smack.....

Explain why the governor is apologising and they’ve just been released?

• Advertisement

They asked the police where they wanted them so they wouldnt be in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,603 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

joe40 wrote: »
    Is that what you would do? Shoot dead protestors.

He should sign up to the police. He'd be on track for a promotion with that attitude.

Theres police everywhere. Asking where theyd like you to move to so youre not in the way is in no way out of order.

It's the only fact you can see? Get to Specsavers once they open up, they also do hearing aids.

Ridiculous trying to even argue this.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

They didn't even say why they arrested him. Very sinister.
    Resisting arrest, probably.
    They were told to move and refused apparently.

Ergo police would be correct if that's the case.
    As others have pointed out now, it's all there on the video. If the officers did tell them to move, the team asked where, and were met with silence. Multiple times. They were surrounded by officers, so it's not like they could assume it was simply, "move back".

There is no other explanation except that the cops wanted to set this team up so they had an excuse to arrest them.

A white reporter by contrast when asked where they could or should go was given very clear instructions and allowed to go about their business.

This is textbook racism. Playing devil's advocate or looking for alternate explanations, is giving the racism an out. It's part of the problem.
    Because a black man is more likely to commit a crime than a white one, would be the simple explanation.
    Even if that is true, you don't arrest someone because they might commit a crime.

I can't understand people justifying the arrest of journalists. Can the police literally do no wrong?

They've just added more fuel to the fire - a black journalist arrested, while live on air, just doing his job has just compounded the issue - the fact that the Governor has apologised to CNN over the arrest just shows what a crowd of absolute numpties the police are, in that region of America- a pack of racist in-bred red necks.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Explain why the governor is apologising and they’ve just been released?

No..

My point was general.....

Cops doing their jobs trying to stop a city collapsing, then you better be responsible for your actions.....and smart arse replies when told to move on, or refusing to comply, then you are in the wrong...

What on earth are you talking about? You obviously have eye sight issues too, there was no riot, state police had already moved in and dispersed everyone.

It's in the video too. Maybe look for a boards discount at the opticians.

No..

Cops doing their jobs trying to stop a city collapsing, then you better be responsible for your actions.....and smart arse replies when told to move on, or refusing to comply, then you are in the wrong...

You’re clutching at straws, ridiculous argument defending blatant racism. A white journalist does the same and is politely spoken to and directed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

CNN Crew have been released, governor has personally apologised to their employer for their wrongful arrest, Boards.ie legal experts still claiming the cops were right to arrest them

• Advertisement

No..

Ironic how a cop commiting murder caused all this.

seamus wrote: »

Even if that is true, you don't arrest someone because they might commit a crime.

Ha ha ha- they do in this part of America. Only 20% population are black but yet 60% of complaint cases relating to police over use of force abuse and more relate to black citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I wonder if it being a CNN crew involved was significant, given that Trump has constantly demonised them. I suppose we'll find out if there's an investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Hurrache wrote: »
    It's the only fact you can see? Get to Specsavers once they open up, they also do hearing aids.

Ridiculous trying to even argue this.

It's actually laughable. The reporter was very clear and polite. The policeman literally only had to point, didn't even need to speak to say where he wanted him to move

No..

Asking where to move to is not a smart arse reply.

The area is surrounded by police. They are supposed to do actual policing and tell people where they want them.

You clearly have an agenda , its very obvious over the last day or so.

It's actually laughable. The reporter was very clear and polite. The policeman literally only had to point, didn't even need to speak to say where he wanted him to move

The policeman was disgusted at the idea of having to converse with that reporter for *some mystery* reason.

No..

Smart arse replies? Pray tell, where are these smart arse replies? Just point them out on the LIVE video feed that we saw- where in those 6 minutes do we have smart arse replies from the reporter in question?

You probably think placing your knee on someone's neck for 8 minutes when the guy is obviously in distress is "reasonable use of force" :rolleyes:

No..

Smart arse replies? like where do you want me to move?

They've just added more fuel to the fire - a black journalist arrested, while live on air, just doing his job has just compounded the issue - the fact that the Governor has apologised to CNN over the arrest just shows what a crowd of absolute numpties the police are, in that region of America- a pack of racist in-bred red necks.

The power of the police really is a threat to democracy and free speech if they are arresting journalists for nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The power of the police really is a threat to democracy and free speech if they are arresting journalists for nothing.

Taking a leaf out of Russian and Chinese playbooks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement