Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

dont see how the GAA can dictate what they think is their moral superiority.

I have seen all types of flags, from texaco oil flags stolen from petrol stations, red bed sheets, and confederate flags waved by cork supporters.

Alienating their own fans could lead to less fans supporting the team, so maybe that is a positive....lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,210 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Overheal wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/complexsports/status/1271115026946899969?s=21

He’s insulted more races than he has won

Surrender is the only best option for honoring that traitor rag though :)

So many in disguise racists over there.

So many in disguise racists over there.

I think it is a disgrace that so many people just bandy the term racist about when ever they see something they dont agree with.

It is like one giant mass hysteria where a persons free speech is jumped on if it does not meet the criteria or suit the agenda of these disgusting political correctness brigade.

This notion that if you do not agree with them, you must therefore be against them, everything is black and white with these nutters....excuse the pun.

Why would anyone support the use of the Confederate flag though. Seems so anti American to denounce The Constitution of the United States, and wave the Confederate flag instead of an American Flag. Why wave that Confederate flag? What is the purpose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,708 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I think it is a disgrace that so many people just bandy the term racist about when ever they see something they dont agree with.

It is like one giant mass hysteria where a persons free speech is jumped on if it does not meet the criteria or suit the agenda of these disgusting political correctness brigade.

This notion that if you do not agree with them, you must therefore be against them, everything is black and white with these nutters....excuse the pun.
    Would you prefer the term implicit bias?

• Advertisement

Waving flag is freedom of expression, free speech, but it's saying '' White Power''

I can see their right to wave it, but lets get real about what it is there are saying when they wave it, and it's not Black Lives Matter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

His free speech wasn't impeded in any way.

The Confederate flag has been a hate filled symbol for a long long time. It represents subjugation of black people.

But in your weird world the people objecting are the "
    "disgusting brigade"

You're no better than the orange order forcing their flags and banners down the throats of nationalist communities for years. I know sorted now but that wasn't always the case.

joe40 wrote: »

The Confederate flag has been a hate filled symbol for a long long time. It represents subjugation of black people.

But in your weird world the people objecting are the "
    "disgusting brigade"

You're no better than the orange order forcing their flags and banners down the throats of nationalist communities for years. I know sorted now but that wasn't always the case.

^^^^^

and here we have another making personal attacks because my comments "offend you". Typical of the type of person I mentioned, because I give an opinion I must be a supporter of the orange order.
    This says more about you

Are you saying all those cork gaa fans with confederate flags are racists ?

Why would anyone support the use of the Confederate flag though. Seems so anti American to denounce The Constitution of the United States, and wave the Confederate flag instead of an American Flag. Why wave that Confederate flag? What is the purpose

Where have I said I support the waving of the confederate flag ??

enlighten me......or perhaps learn to read.

Trump is a great actor, he was wining and dining with the Clintons and every other Democrat before running for President, and loved by all of America on his TV Shows. AT no point before he became president did he portray himself in the way he does now, it's all to keep the base happy. Even the Bible stunt, the man doesn't own a bible, nor has he read one. Even before he ran he was talking about running as a Democrat, and had he ran as a Democrat, and had it won, you'd see him saving the planet, and appealing to the Left side of America.
    The whole far right act just appeared after he won, up to that point in his life he was LEFT LEFT LEFT.

• Advertisement

^^^^^

and here we have another making personal attacks because my comments "offend you". Typical of the type of person I mentioned, because I give an opinion I must be a supporter of the orange order.
    This says more about you

Fcuk me all this dripping irony has made me wet.

^^^^^

This says more about you

Definite parallels
    That racing driver wants to wave his flag in the same way that the orange demanded a right to wave theirs. Regardless of the offense or harm. Both were symbols of victory and triumphalism.

You called people objecting to that " disgusting" I object so by extension you were calling me disgusting.

He is clearly racist if he wishes to use racist symbols.
    So tough if you got upset but the analogy is valid.

Cork GAA cans have been asked not to wave the flag I would hope they would respect that wish.

Where have I said I support the waving of the confederate flag ??

enlighten me......or perhaps learn to read.

??????

Nothing he wrote was about you or written to attack you.

Definite parallels
    That racing driver wants to wave his flag in the same way that the orange demanded a right to wave theirs. Regardless of the offense or harm. Both were symbols of victory and triumphalism.

You called people objecting to that " disgusting" I object so by extension you were calling me disgusting.

He is clearly racist if he wishes to use racist symbols.
    So tough if you got upset but the analogy is valid.

Cork GAA cans have been asked not to wave the flag I would hope they would respect that wish.

show me where in my initial post you replied to I mentioned the confederate flag ?

oh wait....thats right I never mentioned it.

I was speaking in general about all issues but you choose to not only ignore what i said, make it about flags and then try imply I was in the orange order.

show me where in my post you replied to I mentioned the confederate flag ?

oh wait....thats right I never mentioned it.

I was speaking in general about all issues but you choose to not only ignore what i said, make it about flags and then try imply I was in the orange order.

The issue in question was Confederate flag and the racing driver. You even refered to his freedom of speech.
    What else were you talking about.

I'll take back about you supporting the orange order personally, but there are parallels between the driver position on the flags and the Orange order insistence on flags.

You called people objecting to that " disgusting" I object so by extension you were calling me disgusting..

Wrong yet again.

Look at my initial post, I was speaking in general about people bandying the word "racist" at anyone who they like.,

I never mentioned the confederate flag...YOU DID

Then not only did you misread my post, then implied I was an orange order supporter.....which only proved my point about people personally attackers others who they dont agree with.

Wrong yet again.

Look at my initial post, I was speaking in general about people bandying the word "racist" at anyone who they like.,

I never mentioned the confederate flag...YOU DID

Then not only did you misread my post, then implied I was an orange order supporter.....which only proved my point about people personally attackers others who they dont agree with.

"Disgusting political correctness brigade" your words your post was leading directly from the driver issue

"Disgusting political correctness brigade" your words your post was leading directly from the driver issue

Are you deliberately choosing to ignore what I write ?

I have already stated my initial comment was about the bandying about of the term "racist".

Go back and look, its not edited.
    It never mentioned the words flag or confederate..

but why let something like the truth get in the way of you implying I was an orange order supporter because of YOUR mistake in reading a post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

The OK sign has been a hate symbol for a while now too but try telling that to divers. The confederate flag is much more than just 'racism" for some people. It may be viewed as such by some but that is not why some people like it.
    Free speech is impeded surely, imagine they had banned LGBTQ accessories or something.
    Where is that been asked for. Is it from anyone of influence.
    An end to Behavioral Modification classification for Black and Brown children.
    Student-led creation of a Student’s Bill of Rights that centers the needs of Black, Brown, Indigenous, and ESL
    https://blacklivesseattle.org/our-demands/
    The acknowledgment of the existence of white privilege in the governance and policing of this city by all elected officials in the city of Toronto.

The creation of representative district level advisory boards comprised of Black parents, Black students, Black community members, and Black community organizers. Without the approval of these advisory boards, no Black student in the Toronto District School Board should face suspensions, expulsions, or placement in a behavioural or Section 23 program.
    https://blacklivesmatter.ca/demands/

Here is Black Twitter. Even trying to separate in cyberspace.

I've seen far worse tweets asking that black and white criminals be treated differently but I can't seem to find them right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Imagine arriving into the Central African Republic as a white man and crying about discrimination....at best youd be laughed out the door.

Its not equality BLM wants ,its superiority.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Woodsie1 wrote: »

So you're saying all the people of all races protesting in the black lives matter movement are black supremacists? :rolleyes:

So you're saying all the people of all races protesting in the black lives matter movement are black supremacists? :rolleyes:

You fcuked up your comment by starting it with"so what youre saying"

Normal enough tactic for morons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

I think we've all seen elements of the 'superiority' aspect and it seems to be given a free pass.

The vast majority though may not want superiority but they seem to be advocating for different treatment purely on the basis of one's skin colour. They seem to think that the only way to treat the disparate outcomes we see is with disparate treatment. The very opposite of justice.

2u2me wrote: »
    The OK sign has been a hate symbol for a while now too but try telling that to divers. The confederate flag is much more than just 'racism" for some people. It may be viewed as such by some but that is not why some people like it.
    Free speech is impeded surely, imagine they had banned LGBTQ accessories or something.

https://blacklivesseattle.org/our-demands/

https://blacklivesmatter.ca/demands/

Here is Black Twitter. Even trying to separate in cyberspace.

I've seen far worse tweets asking that black and white criminals be treated differently but I can't seem to find them right now.

Idk what black twitter is but it looks like your run of the mill fake news type blog.

Their demands seem reasonable that you quoted? Successful police reforms in the country in the past for example do include a civilian review board. It makes sense for CRBs to include representation that reflects the community demographics.

I think we've all seen elements of the 'superiority' aspect and it seems to be given a free pass.

The vast majority though may not want superiority but they seem to be advocating for different treatment purely on the basis of one's skin colour. They seem to think that the only way to treat the disparate outcomes we see is with disparate treatment. The very opposite of justice.

Racist...they want to be treated different because of their colour...Im white Id expect to be treated unfairly in a majority black country...its common fcuking sense...they will look after their own first...nothing wrong with that.

One question?...why doesnt majority black countries need "diversity" the same way we need "diversity"?
    Surely if our countries have so much to offer it would be beneficial for them to have an infux of whites for the sake of diversity.

They may seem to be but I don’t think so. The core of the movement is getting more Americans to see blacks as equals and not a criminal caste. Senator Tim Scott, for example, has even experienced implicit bias in policing. We’ve all seen the Karen’s. Affirmative action though needs to phase out, it tried to be a quick, artificial hand to ‘repair’ past racism sins. Instead, i would do 2 things: prison labor emancipation, and give former felons the right to vote. This means lawmakers are actually motivated to treat people who go through the prison system like human beings (ie potential voters) and we eradicate one of the last forms of modern day slavery.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

Robert Fuller, found earlier today hanging dead from a tree in Palmdale CA. A full investigation is underway to determine if it was suicide or a lynching. Officials are leaning toward the former.

https://twitter.com/whas11/status/1271643899052863495?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: @Woodsie1 - don't post in the thread again.

• Advertisement

Racist...they want to be treated different because of their colour...Im white Id expect to be treated unfairly in a majority black country...its common fcuking sense...they will look after their own first...nothing wrong with that.

One question?...why doesnt majority black countries need "diversity" the same way we need "diversity"?
    Surely if our countries have so much to offer it would be beneficial for them to have an infux of whites for the sake of diversity.

"I'm white I would expect to be treated unfairly in a black majority country, it's only fcuking common sense"

At last, a poster who understands. America is a white majority country so blacks should expect to be treated unfairly.

As he put it himself

"It's only fcuking common sense"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement