Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,048 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

An uprising is "a usually localized act of popular violence in defiance of an established government." This is far more than simply a riot, its an uprising, and hints at the depth and complexity of the issues,and to why it's happening.

It's the 1967 Detroit Riots all over again. And Trump is looking to make the same mistakes, get the National Guard and Army involved, shoot to kill his own citizens.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/gabrielsanchez/disturbing-pictures-from-the-detroit-riots-of-1967

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

An uprising is "a usually localized act of popular violence in defiance of an established government." This is far more than simply a riot, its an uprising, and hints at the depth and complexity of the issues,and to why it's happening.

It's the 1967 Detroit Riots all over again. And Trump is looking to make the same mistakes, get the National Guard and Army involved, shoot to kill his own citizens.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/gabrielsanchez/disturbing-pictures-from-the-detroit-riots-of-1967

It's not an uprising. It's a riot

• Registered Users Posts: 36,048 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Doge wrote: »
    Okay here's the video of the guy I was on about smashing the windows of Autozone.

Very odd indeed.

People suspect him of spraying the graffiti on the red doors / gate also.

101047954_10218000841238826_4765400557194051584_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=UDjTSPLO5DwAX_Wepsj&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=359389652bfb1f6f91f6f52b5a82e57f&oe=5EF63470

St. Paul’s Police Chief of Police responded to the person who posted it saying it wasn't the officer in question that was named and suspected and to take down his photos.

That's crazy. He was trying to incite looting or arson, and I'm sure some took the bait. Looks and acts like a cop, but that's just guessing, he's not on their side, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

• Registered Users Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

'A riot is the language of the unheard': M.L.K

They've few options.

Unheard? They have a vote like everyone else...they could vote for a different political party for a change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Unheard? They have a vote like everyone else...they could vote for a different political party for a change.

???

They make up 13% of the population and vote overwhelmingly Democrat.

KiKi III wrote: »
    ???

They have a voice so...they are not unheard....just picking a party that ain't working for them! Clearly!

They have a voice so...they are not unheard....just picking a party that ain't working for them! Clearly!

There are only two parties and neither has done them justice.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

r/cringetopia

There are only two parties and neither has done them justice.

But you said yourself...they vote overwhelmingly Democrat.

They have been for decades...most of the cities that suffer from race riots are Democrat run.

Voting Democrat isn't paying off for the African Americans.

• Advertisement

They have been for decades...most of the cities that suffer from race riots are Democrat run.

There’s exactly zero evidence that voting Republican would work out better for them.

iamstop wrote: »
    r/cringetopia

Is that the extent of your contribution?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

???

that 13% also commits 52% of Homicides.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Who would you have them vote for, the "leader" threatening to shoot them?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,603 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

There’s exactly zero evidence that voting Republican would work out better for them.

Well the Republican president is in favour of shooting them so I guess they should vote for him then?

And there is decades of evidence that voting Democrat isn't working for them.

Up until the pandemic they were recording their highest employment record...

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/06/economy/black-unemployment-rate/index.html

Even though they overwhelmingly voted for a Democratic Candidate, it seems, this administration was starting to really pay off!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,708 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

And there is decades of evidence that voting Democrat isn't working for them.

Up until the pandemic they were recording their highest employment record...

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/06/economy/black-unemployment-rate/index.html

Even though they overwhelmingly voted for a Democratic Candidate, it seems, this administration was starting to really pay off!!!

A trend that started in 2012 under Obama that Trump likes to claim credit for...

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭ElmoLaw

Billy Mays wrote: »
    I'm gonna have to know this guy Floyd's criminal history before I decide whether the cop should be charged with his death or should walk away scott free icon14.png

I hope to god that you are being sarcastic. there is no justification whatsoever - this was murder.

Who would you have them vote for, the "leader" threatening to shoot them?

I could be wrong here...but I believe he was referring to the looters...you know looters who are making people unsafe...I'd imagine there are honest law abiding African Americans at home terrified of rioters/looters.

Unless you think that all the African Americans are out rioting and looting....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I could be wrong here...but I believe he was referring to the looters...you know looters who are making people unsafe...I'd imagine there are honest law abiding African Americans at home terrified of rioters/looters.

From what I saw last night, the looters, rioters and arsonists are a pretty equal split between black and white people. The protests are completely justified but destroying the city isnt. I hope they are able to get the situation under control without shooting people. Worrying times.

A trend that started in 2012 under Obama that Trump likes to claim credit for...

Well then...they can vote democrat in the same numbers in next election then...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,455 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

iamstop wrote: »
    r/cringetopia

r/ihavereddit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

This is normal in America.

Graphic scenes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlY9C6pzxKc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

BloodyBill wrote: »
    Your 'white Man' remark is so silly. Its classic far left stuff. The funny thing is,you are probably white yourself. A self loather

Unless he is American and white, how could that be?

the whole city is rioting - not one particular community or race of people - everyone - because everyone is angry. Trump is obviously referring to the looters. Trump is just a side piece on this - he is a symptom of the structural and systematic racism in american society. i frankly couldnt give a damn what trump says or doesnt say about George Floyd - its a deeper issue that Trump's twitter feed isnt going to fix or offer any insight into. what people do care about is seeing these so called cops charged with a crime and not just fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

The riots in Minneapolis and other cities in the US seem to be very similar to the riots in Northern Ireland in 1969 by Catholics/nationalists after the Loyalists and RUC attacked people in the Bogside area of Derry during the Peace Democracy marches, which was the start of the Troubles. If this continues, the US risks descending into something similar with sectarian/racial warfare and paramilitaries attacking each other and terrorising the general population.

Well then...they can vote democrat in the same numbers in next election then...

who is this THEY that you keep referring to - them and they....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The riots in Minneapolis and other cities in the US seem to be very similar to the riots in Northern Ireland in 1969 by Catholics/nationalists after the Loyalists and RUC attacked people in the Bogside area of Derry during the Peace Democracy marches, which was the start of the Troubles. If this continues, the US risks descending into something similar with sectarian/racial warfare and paramilitaries attacking each other and terrorising the general population.

Lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement