Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭ElmoLaw

CNN "Every white person has a virus in their brain"

https://twitter.com/NationalistTV/status/1266430216836186112

and whats your point. you are trying to bait people. STOP! this is about a man who was murdered by cops and deserves justice. meanwhile you just want to push an agenda. Hi Gemma is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

CNN "Every white person has a virus in their brain"

https://twitter.com/NationalistTV/status/1266430216836186112

CNN is utter garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,772 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Mark Shaw wrote: »
    Apparently a woman got kidnapped last night during the riots and today a body was found.

So in addition to looting, is rape and murder also part of getting justice for your man?

That’s awful. Surely it would have been avoided if the police hadn’t sparked a national protest. Monday would have never happened and regular ass good cops wouldn’t be stuck waving billy clubs at the public and standing in front of a murderers house.

Was a fake $20 note worth it?

Isn't the entire thread about a reaction to a murder? And then you dismiss another murder? Why is that?

because of what you are trying to imply with no evidence. Just stop GEMMA

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

ElmoLaw wrote: »
    and whats your point. you are trying to bait people. STOP! this is about a man who was murdered by cops and deserves justice. meanwhile you just want to push an agenda. Hi Gemma is that you?

NO, CNN are trying to bait people..thats my point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Isn't the entire thread about a reaction to a murder? And then you dismiss another murder? Why is that?

And how are they related? Because they happened in the same week.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

Apparently a woman got kidnapped last night during the riots and today a body was found.

So in addition to looting, is rape and murder also part of getting justice for your man?

Are you really in a position to make the wild assumption that it was protesters that killed that poor girl? Really??

All the while there are videos of shadowy figures smashing windows, engaging in vandalism that look like undercover cops. If you cared to watch the footage from last night, as I have, it was the very people out protesting that hightlighted that incident. Wake up!

NO, CNN are trying to bait people..thats my point.

really cause you didnt make a point - you just sent a link to a video and expected people to come to a conclusion about what you were trying to say and you obviously have a particular agenda - thats BAIT

Late to the party here lads and ladies. What, as a straight white male, should I do to ensure that I'm not a racist? I treat people of different ethnic backgrounds exactly how I would treat white people. That's racist though isn't it? I should realise they may suffer systemic racism so I should treat people that aren't white as different.

Jesus.

Everyone, barring one or two dicks, knows that what happened was ****ing horrific and despicable.

It's not about race. It's about ****ty policemen. It's not about all policemen being ****. It was those specific policemen.

Not all police. Not all blacks. Not all Muslims. Not all gays. Not all anyone.

Each single person is an individual and are not representative of people with similar skin tone or religions.

Looting is not an appropriate response. Violence against innocent people isn't an appropriate response.

really cause you didnt make a point - you just sent a link to a video and expected people to come to a conclusion about what you were trying to say and you obviously have a particular agenda - thats BAIT

No, the issue is police brutality, but CNN scumbags that they are are trying to make it about white people, in other words..race baiting

• Advertisement

Late to the party here lads and ladies. What, as a straight white male, should I do to ensure that I'm not a racist? I treat people of different ethnic backgrounds exactly how I would treat white people. That's racist though isn't it? I should realise they may suffer systemic racism so I should treat people that aren't white as different.

Jesus.

Everyone, barring one or two dicks, knows that what happened was ****ing horrific and despicable.

It's not about race. It's about ****ty policemen. It's not about all policemen being ****. It was those specific policemen.

Each single person is an individual and are not representative of people with similar skin tone or religions.

Looting is not an appropriate response. Violence against innocent people isn't an appropriate response.

If you dont think this is about race, answer me this, how many white people have been killed by black cops? Name one?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It would have been avoided if the 13/50ers had decided not to kidnap and murder her.

presumably you have proof of who did it then, oh low post count one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Overheal wrote: »
    Regarding this argument, about black Americans being disproportionately convicted of homicide. First off, they’re in a system that is abusive to them. We should surely see this with Ahmaud Arbery, George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Rodney King, Ray Rice etc etc. So what happens when you can’t trust your law enforcement? You take your protection into your own hands leading to street justice leading to escalating violence when people want to fight one another for whatever reason. Karen, meanwhile, just calls up to 911 safe in the knowledge that rarely will anything bad happen to her. Meanwhile. It’s a cycle of people assumed to be up to no good being treated like they’re up to no good and forced to ask themselves if they’re treated that way how far will you sit and wait for the system to catch up?

That’s why I rubbish these stats about black on black violence and homicide rates. Its people making erroneous assumptions about cause and effect. It’s lazy deflection telling black Americans to “clean up their act” as if the police institution has no glaring opportunities for reform. People can fap off with that dismissal. Minneapolis was clearly a sequence of powderkeg failures in the police force that came to a head on Monday. Folks will continue to fight for equal rights, equal protection and equal dignity and law enforcement that serves and protects all people.

The only thing worse than facts is personal responsibility it seems...these powder kegs more often than not are cities that elect Democratic leadership...so is it the voters or the politicians fault?

Take a look at the stats for Asian Americans...that'll really depress you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

darced wrote: »
    CNN is utter garbage.

I'm surprised they haven't had Gretta on to give her tuppence!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

dublincelt wrote: »
    If you dont think this is about race, answer me this, how many white people have been killed by black cops? Name one?

Justine Damond.

Jesus.

just treat everyone the same but realise that other people have a different experience- problem is some people ignore the experience of others and think that because they themselves are not experiencing it - that it isnt happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

It would have been avoided if the 13/50ers had decided not to kidnap and murder her.

Didn't your mama tell you crack is whack

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

They do kill white people too, just not in the same proportion. Lots of Hispanics as well.

How about you tell me how many white people have been killed by white cops or black people by black cops?

Or even more tellingly, why do you see people by their skin colour?

A person unjustifiably killed by a policeman is equally as horrific a statement to me as "a black man killed by a white cop".

Nobody should lose their life in these circumstances.

I think this is about a terrible terrible act by a terrible terrible person.

**** race baiting.

Are you in Minnesota? On the ground? Or are you throwing wild assumptions around to suit your agenda?

I am going with answer 3...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

darced wrote: »
    CNN is utter garbage.

CNN has become a organisation more interested in depicting American news and politics as a sport for ratings than the truth ever since their current CEO took over in 2013.

just treat everyone the same but realise that other people have a different experience- problem is some people ignore the experience of others and think that because they themselves are not experiencing it - that it isnt happening.

Absolutely. Everyone, regardless of race or any other differential has different experiences as none the same as each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Relax Mark, time for bed. Let the grown ups take the discussion from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Here you go

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/07/us/minneapolis-mohamed-noor-sentenced/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 23,604 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

J. Marston wrote: »

Naturally.

Choking him for 4 minutes had nothing to do with it. No wonder there are riots with the stupidy and corruption at play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

If Trump dont like CNN,.then I don't like CNN.
    Trump Rocks �� ��
    The reporter being arrested today should have been apologising for taking up Police time and getting in the way of operations..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

The underlying condition is that this man was Black and living in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,772 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

They had best get a second opinion.

As if police tactics shouldn’t take heed of the fact that people of all stripes can have underlying conditions.

Seems like horse**** to me. As if they were implying that somehow George Floyd just, as a matter of pure coincidence, dropped dead while he was being kneed in the neck, nothing to see here etc.

• Advertisement

How about you tell me how many white people have been killed by white cops or black people by black cops?

Or even more tellingly, why do you see people by their skin colour?

A person unjustifiably killed by a policeman is equally as horrific a statement to me as "a black man killed by a white cop".

Nobody should lose their life in these circumstances.

I think this is about a terrible terrible act by a terrible terrible person.

**** race baiting.

I can see where you are coming from but the optics are terrible. A white cop kneeling on the throat of a black man for over seven minutes as bystanders do their best to intervene. And all the while pleading for his life. Yes we are all equal, but in the US, it looks to me as this is an entirely justified response by the PD. Not one of these other officers cared or bothered to intervene. It IS racial!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement