Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Riot in Atlanta, spreading fast.

https://www.wsbtv.com/video/live-stream/

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    And what has that to do with 2020. FECK All.

Except the same could be asked for what the Plantation of Ulster from around the same time has to do with 2020. The Plantation of Ulster is one of the biggest reasons why you had the partition of Ireland in 1921 and Scots-descended Protestant Unionists in Ulster arguing in 2020 that Ulster should still be part of the United Kingdom, as opposed to Ulster being the most Irish and Gaelic part of Ireland as was before the Plantation.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,772 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Why did they break into riot in Atlanta? Odd

• Registered Users Posts: 31 R3_Regera

Billy Mays wrote: »
    I'm gonna have to know this guy Floyd's criminal history before I decide whether the cop should be charged with his death or should walk away scott free icon14.png

Not sure if you're serious or not really, but if you're suggesting a charge of money/cheque fraud entitles a grunt cop to be judge/jury and executioner to somebody who was co-operating, FU

Overheal wrote: »
    Why did they break into riot in Atlanta? Odd

Some guys in the crowd started smashing up police cars and it started!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

Nozebleed wrote: »
    there no intent to kill the man. in fairness. its accidental..they are trying to restrain the man,heavy handed..but murderous intent? no..

They cuffed the man.

Then, whilst he was defenceless, one of the cops broke his neck and effectively killed the man.

Even after the life is draining out of him and he is dying they continue to accelerate his death.

If you think there is no intent to kill this man then have them all banged up for assault, and manslaughter and have the people who trained these animals serve a stretch too.

They killed a man.

Some guys in the crowd started smashing up police cars and it started!

Like St Paul and Minneapolis I’m wagering a casual look will net me lots of police brutality reports out of Atlanta that perhaps they are protesting.

Wonder if these are being organized on FB and by who. Internet Research Agency has done it before you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,242 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

CNN building in Atlanta having windows broken in at the moment.

Overheal wrote: »
    Like St Paul and Minneapolis I’m wagering a casual look will net me lots of police brutality reports out of Atlanta that perhaps they are protesting.

Wonder if these are being organized on FB and by who. Internet Research Agency has done it before you know?

It was black lives matter march to the CNN headquarters to protest, and it was peaceful, then some guys picked up barriers, and started smashing lines of police cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

I'm going to bed now but to claify my position:

Saying America is a racist country because of the bad actions of a few is no different to equating all Muslims to terrorists or priests are all kiddy fiddlers.

I hope that the policeman who killed that man sees justice.
    That would be true if people were saying all Americans ar racist, but I'm not sure if anybody here is.

What is true though, is that America has a very noticeable problem with racism, and it has been coming significantly more to the fire over the last decade or so.

While these incidents are going on, something like 40% of the country disagrees vehemently with first amendment protected peaceful protest against police brutality seen used against minorities. Yet a lot of that 40% keep quiet or even agree when it comes marching down the streets and into government buildings, armed to the teeth and shouting demands.

Thats f*cked up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

It was black lives matter march to the CNN headquarters to protest, and it was peaceful, then some guys picked up barriers, and started smashing lines of police cars.

Why were they protesting CNN?

namloc1980 wrote: »

I’ve been there. Stayed at the hotel in the complex. That’s quite a development

iguana wrote: »

Don't know. Just saw the newsfeed on Twitter and was watching the protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,325 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

one of the cops broke his neck and effectively killed the man.

Seriously, what's the point of a comment like that? Absolute nonsense.

I fully support the murder charge and I hope the bugger gets a warm reception in prison.

But nobody broke anybody's neck. The facts in this case are horrendous enough without making stuff up to sensationalise it.

New York City. Cops are using batons to control the crowd.

https://twitter.com/PMBreakingNews/status/1266520779140870145

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Trump will be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Finally something we can all get behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

I don't know why, when I see the British yobs get bashed by Spanish police, it's kinda funny, but this is just sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I don't know why, when I see the British yobs get bashed by Spanish police, it's kinda funny, but this is just sad.

Maybe you identify more with the people in the video, tribalism is ruining modern society and the media is a part of the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

It was very peaceful when I saw it earlier. What happened?

• Advertisement

iguana wrote: »

Makes no sense, sounds pretty mindless to me.

Sounds like some Trumpers may have joined the protest or others who have a reason to hate CNN.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,708 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Always an element in these things who don't give a sh!te about the issue and just want trouble and mindless vandalism.

walshb wrote: »
    People are willingly destroying themselves and their communities.

And the people that are not, need to be protected from the people that are.

Serious efforts from law enforcement needed here to crush this insurrection.

One bad incident cannot allow this type of reaction to be acceptable.

Because then every incident that is bad, or even perceived to be bad, and people can go out and destroy?

**** off.

When you get beaten into a wheelchair because you reached for your papers too quickly you can thank those who torch the precinct whose staff fcuked you up for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MipMap

Just sent a message to the US embassy in Ireland.
    "You are not the home of the free or the brave. You have to do better than this. The world is watching you.
    You cannot criticize China or Russia and expect to have any credibility whilst you allow this to happen. You need to get your house in order."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

The thugs continuing to riot and damage buildings is not good. The scum of the earth just come out at any opportunity to behave like degenerates.

It's still not taking any light away from what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

MipMap wrote: »
    Just sent a message to the US embassy in Ireland.

What did you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,708 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Lets all hope the Coca Cola museum will be ok.

Great place.

walshb wrote: »
    And people actually think that these people give a flying fook about George Floyd...

It’s vile to see people behave like this. Disgusting!

If they don't care then why aren't they out doing this every day and night?

• Advertisement

Lets all hope the Coca Cola museum will be ok.

Great place.

An absolute riot of its own when you go at the same time as a 100-strong kids day camp. They shut down the tasting room, kids would grab a cup, fill it to the brim with some crazy Korean flavor, take a sip, and then smash the drink on the ground in rejection. Pour another flavor. They shut it down for cleaning, before that it felt like a spacewalk with sticky boots.

So without anywhere else to be the camp, full of sugared and caffeinated kids, wrecked havoc on the aquarium after us not long before that. Harassed the **** out of the stingrays.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement