Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Trump has requested that the investigation be expedited and has stated justice will be served.

"Justice will be served" depends on the judge I would imagine.

The protests were originally well organized and even had people social distancing. Speakers took turns with the crowd and people remained calm.
    A different element then began to smash up buildings and the looting and violence began.

Definitely two different groups at work here.
    Genuine protestors and thugs

There images of a WHITE guy with a hammer in a full on gas mask.

The family are hiring their own medical examiner to conduct an autopsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Oh **** sake!!!

Down with whitey. Damn bastards.

Yep a lot of them are.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭ElmoLaw

I suspect the prosecutor will go OTT on the charges which will lead to the police being acquitted. That's what usually happens when police are in trouble.

the evil ex cop is being charged with 3rd degree murder because it is easier to prove than 1st or 2nd degree murder. Believe it that the DA certainly wants a conviction here.

yes and they have a fantastic american civil rights attorney Benjamin Crump looking after them. he is a hero - look him up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,603 ✭✭✭✭walshb

There will be a lot of stuff being argued on both sides here

The defense will say that he was resisting arrest, and that he died, not from the knee-asphyxiation, but his underlying health conditions...

Nobody can know for sure, but it's likely that Chauvin does not get convicted of murder in the 3rd here...

If they can't say-show that his knee caused death, then the other officers are also as involved......they all restrained him. Chauvin is getting most attention because of his knee and weight bearing down on George's head.

They absolutely should....

At least a second opinion needed here...

Nothing I said minimises what happened. I only mentioned the facts of the report, and even said I hope he is jailed. Nice rant though.

you said he died of a heart attack. no report says that. its not that simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

ElmoLaw wrote: »
    you said he died of a heart attack. no report says that. its not that simple.

A heart attack caused by three factors, said it in my first post in this thread.

A heart attack caused by three factors, said it in my first post in this thread.

ok i didnt see that. but my point is that the report states that the combined effects of being pinned down by an officer as well as "his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death." so i dont see where the report says heart attack.could you send it to me if you have it? its only a preliminary finding. they are awaiting toxicology and the family will have their own medical report so really we cant say that is what he ultimately died of. as i said BUT FOR the knee he'd be alive. anyway we should all be on the same side here i hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

walshb wrote: »

But they can still try pin it on the officers .
    There will be a lot of stuff being argued on both sides here

The defense will say that he was resisting arrest, and that he died, not from the knee-asphyxiation, but his underlying health conditions...

Pin it on them? cos the poor officers did no wrong?

Resisiting? Yeah, youve been gently pushing this all along, without evidence.

Interesting language you use through the thread. Bit of a hint of "there are good people on both sides" about it all.

The knee was at the very minimum a contributing factor - The combined effects of being restrained by police, his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death. These are only preliminary findings - there will be a toxicology report and i'm sure a second and third medical opinion. Way too early to say he "died from a heart attack" stop trying to minimise what happened to him - this is part of the problem. not only in american society but the world. people minimising behaviour so that it doesnt seems so bad or that they can rationalise it in their head. no justification. BUT FOR the knee - the man would be alive. The world saw the video of the cruelty and inhumanity towards another fellow human. who do you stand with? I stand with George Floyd.

Calm down tiger. Plenty of time to show how virtuous you are.

All the poster did was talk about some facts.

We get it... You are against racism. Most of us are too. In fact, I usually assume every person I meet is, until they show they aren't.

What are you going to do to "stand with George Floyd" more than anyone else on here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Wii776

Interesting language you use through the thread. Bit of a hint of "there are good people on both sides" about it all.

we should all be on the same side- George Floyd's side and the side of justice. what are these 2 sides people are referring to? blows my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Wii776 wrote: »
    Matt Damon
    Did you mean to post here and got lost?

Calm down tiger. Plenty of time to show how virtuous you are.

All the poster did was talk about some facts.

We get it... You are against racism. Most of us are too. In fact, I usually assume every person I meet is, until they show they aren't.

What are you going to do to "stand with George Floyd" more than anyone else on here?

Call people out on their crap and theres alot of people on here who talk crap ala Gemma. and call the DA's office and ask for this officer to be prosecuted which I did. Donate money to his family which i did. Talk to my friends in all communities and let them know that this is outrageous and is not tolerated. a persons silence on these matters is a crime - people cant remain silent on this.

biko wrote: »
    Did you mean to post here and got lost?

LOL!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

ok i didnt see that. but my point is that the report states that the combined effects of being pinned down by an officer as well as "his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death." so i dont see where the report says heart attack.could you send it to me if you have it? its only a preliminary finding. they are awaiting toxicology and the family will have their own medical report so really we cant say that is what he ultimately died of. as i said BUT FOR the knee he'd be alive. anyway we should all be on the same side here i hope.

I am certainly on the side of the cop being jailed. All I was saying was that the autopsy (if it proves to be accurate) could change the sentencing.

The autopsy is what you said- but that he had coronary heart disease and hypertensive heart disease, so the indication is that his heart gave out during the arrest. That's very different from dying of asphyxia due to the knee. Suddenly the knee is a contributing factor rather then the sole cause.

Yep a lot of them are.

Haha. They sure are. As are a lot of blacks, Asians, middle Eastern, native American, Innuit, albino, disabled, Hungarian, people from Artane......

Is it just the white people you dislike and feel comfortable grouping them unfavourably or do you just usually judge people by their ethnicity?

I am certainly on the side of the cop being jailed. All I was saying was that the autopsy (if it proves to be accurate) could change the sentencing.

The autopsy is what you said- but that he had coronary heart disease and hypertensive heart disease, so the indication is that his heart gave out during the arrest.

ok point taking. thanks

• Advertisement

Call people out on their crap and theres alot of people on here who talk crap ala Gemma. and call the DA's office and ask for this officer to be prosecuted which I did. Donate money to his family which i did. Talk to my friends in all communities and let them know that this is outrageous and is not tolerated. a persons silence on these matters is a crime - people cant remain silent on this.

Oh right. It's a crime to remain silent? Except it isn't though and you know this.

And you rang the DA's office? Good thing you did. Probably was the reason the lad got charged so. You should be proud.

I'm lucky enough that my friends and family are already appalled by this so I don't need to go around all communities to espouse how much I hate racism and this particular case. Again, it's pretty much what I would assume is "default" position for most.

And with regards people who talk crap and are genuinely racist themselves, that's their opinion and as much as I dislike it, I have no right to silence them or to force my opinion on them (in real life I mean, I understand doing it on here)

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

call the DA's office and ask for this officer to be prosecuted which I did.

You rang the DA's office?
    Fcuking LOL
    Please tell me you're based in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

You rang the DA's office?
    Fcuking LOL
    Please tell me you're based in Ireland!

Did the D.A. say it would go to a Grand Jury?

For chrissake

I am saying exactly what the defene will likely say.....resisting arrest.....I am saying what they will likely say. I am not the defense.

They will use anything they can to get the officers off.......

They will also use the autopsy report to say that their men did not directly cause Floyd to lose his life

This is standard defence stuff here...

Not sure why you are challenging it, or having a go at me for raising it as what the defense will use.

Thats why all this will go before a jury and the jury will decide the level of culpability based on evidence.
    The opinion of posters here wont be considered

Edgware wrote: »
    Did the D.A. say it would go to a Grand Jury?

DA Mike Freeman (612-348-5550) - not sure why its funny - theres a whole campaign to get people to call in

For chrissake

I am saying exactly what the defene will likely say.....resisting arrest.....I am saying what they will likely say. I am not the defense.

They will use anything they can to get the officers off.......

They will also use the autopsy report to say that their men did not directly cause Floyd to lose his life

This is standard defence stuff here...

Not sure why you are challenging it, or having a go at me for raising it as what the defense will use.

He probably wants a good old lynching

Oh right. It's a crime to remain silent? Except it isn't though and you know this.

And you rang the DA's office? Good thing you did. Probably was the reason the lad got charged so. You should be proud.

I'm lucky enough that my friends and family are already appalled by this so I don't need to go around all communities to espouse how much I hate racism and this particular case. Again, it's pretty much what I would assume is "default" position for most.

And with regards people who talk crap and are genuinely racist themselves, that's their opinion and as much as I dislike it, I have no right to silence them or to force my opinion on them.

wow ok twist everything. you asked me what i am doing and i responded to your question. im just being a human being who is upset about what is happening in the world. and you are attacking me for it. anyway have a nice day and go be happy and enjoy your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Haha. They sure are. As are a lot of blacks, Asians, middle Eastern, native American, Innuit, albino, disabled, Hungarian, people from Artane......

Is it just the white people you dislike and feel comfortable grouping them unfavourably or do you just usually judge people by their ethnicity?

Have you nothing better for doing than pretending to be offended? This thread isn't about Asians, middle Easterns and albinos etc though is it? It's about a black man dying at the hands of a white man. And I didn't group anyone, I said "a lot". A lot of white people are racist. It's a fact and it's not that hard to understand. And I'm white myself but well done on your stupid attempt to try and make out that I dislike all white people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

Ultrflat wrote: »
    There images of a WHITE guy with a hammer in a full on gas mask.

Evidently the guy's ex identified him as a cop, but the precinct denied it.

Same apparently happened in Ferguson, 3 cops pretending to be protesters started breaking windows. Local people nabbed them and removed their masks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement