Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

ElmoLaw wrote: »
    DA Mike Freeman (612-348-5550) - not sure why its funny - theres a whole campaign to get people to call in

Those phone calls will be really strong evidence. Why waste time having a trial at all when a telephone poll could do?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭ElmoLaw

You rang the DA's office?
    Fcuking LOL
    Please tell me you're based in Ireland!

who cares where i am based - the DAs number is Mike Freeman (612-348-5550) there is a campaign to call him. so alot of people are doing it. not that hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

walshb wrote: »

Not sure why you are challenging it, or having a go at me for raising it as what the defense will use.

Because its been the way you've been going on throughout the thread.

"I'm just looking for facts" , while also speculating that there could be something we havnt seen in the video that could show resisting arrest.

Edgware wrote: »
    Those phone calls will be really strong evidence. Why waste time having a trial at all when a telephone poll could do?

what do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,603 ✭✭✭✭walshb

As much as some defences and defenders make my blood boil, these people are extraordinarily smart and resourceful. Extremely clever and cunning and maniuplative....the most clear cut cases to me and you, that get to court, are turned upside down and inside out with obfuscation and everything else.....

Nobody should be at all clear cut about what will happen here....

• Advertisement

Thats why all this will go before a jury and the jury will decide the level of culpability based on evidence.
    The opinion of posters here wont be considered

obviously and thank goodness for that!

"I'm just looking for facts" , while also speculating that there could be something we havnt seen in the video that could show resisting arrest.

Wait for the trial, and wait for everything that will be used, twisted, turned this way and that.....

what do you mean?

Do you really think the D.A. does his job as a result of phone calls from people?
    Did you ring Joe Duffy?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Wait for the trial, and wait for everything that will be used, twisted, turned this way and that.....

So why are you speculating on things if youre only looking for facts and we should wait for a trial.

Seems we've been in this position already in the thread..............

In other words the evidence will be tested as to truth and accuracy without any regard to the views of spoofers on Boards.

• Advertisement

Have you nothing better for doing than pretending to be offended? This thread isn't about Asians, middle Easterns and albinos etc though is it? It's about a black man dying at the hands of a white man. And I didn't group anyone, I said "a lot". A lot of white people are racist. It's a fact and it's not that hard to understand. And I'm white myself but well done on your stupid attempt to try and make out that I dislike all white people.

I'm sorry... You are accusing me of pretending to be offended?

I'm not offended in the slightest.

You said now white people know what it's like to be black, implying that black people never get helped by the police and white people have it better than blacks.

Personally, I think the worst part about the whole scenario was that a man was unjustly killed by a policeman.

The colour of either party is insignificant and I would be as equally appalled had there been any other colours at play.

Are there racist policemen? Sure. That also includes black policemen who don't like white people too just for clarity.

But I take it from your tone and posts that you are a firm believer in white privilege.

As an aside and purely for my own curiosity, do you identify as a feminist too?

So why are you speculating on things if youre only looking for facts and we should wait for a trial.

Seems we've been in this position already in the thread..............

What?

So I am not allowed to speculate on what the defense may or may not say?

Does it not follow any logic to you that defenders will use whatever they can to get their client off?

Does them likely using the autopsy not seem possible? Does them likely trying to claim that the ,man resisted arrest not seem logical?

Forget the truth is what I am saying.....this is criminal defense.....

Defenders will go to many lengths for acquittal

As clear cut as it seems (and I believe that to be the case myself) someone saying there could be more to the story isn't exactly a bad thing.

Waiting to see in case more and more evidence comes out is usually a good tactic.

Do you really think the D.A. does his job as a result of phone calls from people?
    Did you ring Joe Duffy?

the DA is an elected position so they do care what their voters have to say. But im sure in the grand scheme of things it might not have made a difference. but you know what they say about the domino effect of one person. hey like the person who ate the bat - that didnt effect anyone else did it?

Did you ring Joe Duffy?

PS: Do you have Joe Duffys phone number? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The colour of either party is insignificant

If you really believe this, then you're either uneducated or being deliberately ignorant. I've no interest in engaging with you any further, I take it from your tone and posts that you're not worth my time.

the DA is an elected position so they do care what their voters have to say. But im sure in the grand scheme of things it might not have made a difference. but you know what they say about the domino effect of one person. hey like the person who ate the bat - that didnt effect anyone else did it?

What exactly did you say to the DA and what was said back to you? I find this fascinating.

After your 100% success rate, do you think you will make a habit of this and call up any time you feel like someone should be charged with things? Do your bit so to speak.

Or was it because you saw someone put it on twitter and just followed the herd to be seen to do something?

What exactly did you say to the DA and what was said back to you? I find this fascinating.

After your 100% success rate, do you think you will make a habit of this and call up any time you feel like someone should be charged with things? Do your bit so to speak.

Or was it because you saw someone put it on twitter and just followed the herd to be seen to do something?

not engaging with you anymore. you are deliberately being nasty to people. i honestly wish you a good life and be happy.

As clear cut as it seems (and I believe that to be the case myself) someone saying there could be more to the story isn't exactly a bad thing.

Waiting to see in case more and more evidence comes out is usually a good tactic.

My point was more on how defenders will likely go about this.....

Twisting and turning and confusing and muddying every piece of evidence that the prosecutors present. That is their job, and they are very very capable at persuasion.

Remember: In this there are two sides....both presenting their cases as fact and truth.....

There will be witnesses and expert witnesses on both sides with differing versions of the same story....it's classic trials...

If you really believe this, then you're either uneducated or being deliberately ignorant. I've no interest in engaging with you any further, I take it from your tone and posts that you're not worth my time.

That's a shame.

Because what I meant by insignificant was that it would be insignificant to my level of outrage if I saw a black person do it to a white person or a white person doing it to a white person.

I am aware that there is a lot of racial tensions in America. It is awful. Also not helped when people like yourself spout ****e like "now the whites know what it's like to be black".

Top tip, not all black people are treated the same. Not all white people are treated the same.

• Advertisement

not engaging with you anymore. you are deliberately being nasty to people. i honestly wish you a good life and be happy.

Thank you.

And actually I do apologise. I was being needlessly antagonistic and unnecessarily mean to you. I had been engaging on a different site with different people and had my back up and I was being a dick to you so for what it's worth, I am sorry.

I do think it's a bit mad to call the DA but **** it, I'm sure you did it for the right reasons and I have no right and there is no need to make fun of you for it.

Hope you are well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,708 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Thank you.

And actually I do apologise. I was being needlessly antagonistic and unnecessarily mean to you. I had been engaging on a different site with different people and had my back up and I was being a dick to you so for what it's worth, I am sorry.

I do think it's a bit mad to call the DA but **** it, I'm sure you did it for the right reasons and I have no right and there is no need to make fun of you for it.

Hope you are well.

Thank you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

Elaborate please.

Or you buy a history book to find out about Irish history.

I think I am going to start a feedback thread to keep these kind of American news in some American sub forum. Clearly some people are incredibly interested although I imagine this place is full of people who get their news from the internet. The US only interests me in how it affects the rest of the world, when it starving Yemen, overthrowing secular rulers in the middle east etc.

There is police violence in the US, as there is in most of the Americas. The latter is never covered over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,049 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Seems it's an order from the Top, as it's happening more and more in this situation. Trump influence, war on the press.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Seems it's an order from the Top, as it's happening more and more in this situation. Trump influence, war on the press.

It is so sinister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

FVP3 wrote: »
    I think I am going to start a feedback thread to keep these kind of American news in some American sub forum.

You continually show up in these threads to say how untinteresting and how unimportant it is. Why do you keep coming back?!

Aren't there plenty of other threads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Top tip, not all black people are treated the same. Not all white people are treated the same.

Nonononono. That's the kind of false equivalence that breeds racism. This isn't some All Lives Matter game.

If you really believe what you just said, would you be willing to swap your colour with a black person? It wouldn't make a difference, surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,049 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

https://twitter.com/deshawnieboy/status/1266650482841276418

It's widespread groups of white supremacists smashing windows and setting fires. Why it's not getting air time I don't know. Some claim that some of them are actual cops too.
    CRAZY.
    But the black man is taking them blame '' thugs''

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

2u2me wrote: »
    You continually show up in these threads to say how untinteresting and how unimportant it is. Why do you keep coming back?!

Aren't there plenty of other threads?

It keeps coming up on my timeline, thats why. I tend to see the top threads. It would be nice to hide threads though, I might also make that request.

And it's a forlorn hope but I do like to point out to Irish people that they aren't American. That's also part of the debate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement