Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

From an outsider looking in, it seems, African Americans were going to jail less, working more and less dependent on the state more than ever.
    Well it appears such an 'outsider view' is horribly disconnected from reality on the ground isn't it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

BluePlanet wrote: »
    It's tragic, but it's more an outlier than the rule.

The really rich and powerful places, the headquarters of big multinational corporations, are 'riot-proof'. They have fancy security, bullet proof glass etc.. etc...

Not those business' that burned to the ground in Minneapolis. Each has a story behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,708 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Minnesota national guard to be deployed the governor has just announced.

Speaking well on the difference between legitimate protest a couple of days a go and the wanton destruction the last couple of nights which he says has nothing to do with the death of George Floyd.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Why do some people think actions from The Simpsons is the solution to all of America's problems?

The powerful corporations have their own security. They don't have to do it themselves.

Most people that have worked their lives for something will defend it. Shocking sentiment.

The moron in chief in with the gasoline

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1266724553620930561

MAGA night at the white house eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Well it appears such an 'outsider view' is horribly disconnected from reality on the ground isn't it.

So historic employment numbers, prison reform and less dependency on the state are figments of my imagination are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Be great to see counter protests.

Yeah that's exactly what's needed at the moment. Will really help.

So historic employment numbers, prison reform and less dependency on the state are figments of my imagination are they?
    It means those 'historic numbers' are a meaningless metric that misses the point when that community actually living there are at a tipping point.

It means those 'historic numbers' are a meaningless metric that misses the point when that community actually living there are at a tipping point.

Maybe the community are not represented by the rioters and looters.

Yeah that's exactly what's needed at the moment. Will really help.

This is where identity politics has been leading us for along time. Shows how divisive it is.

Those CNN commentators that are pushing this racist angle are culpable as hate instigators, they are instigating riots on global television. Disgusting assholes doing it for $$$$.

Don Lemon is a ****ing hack and deserves to be jailed for his continued stoking of racial tensions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,050 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The moron in chief in with the gasoline

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1266724553620930561

MAGA night at the white house eh?

Wants a showdown at midnight, calling his base out to the streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

What historic employment numbers? The coronavirus have absolutely decimated the US economy and unemployment has soared to 20-25% last seen during the Great Depression, and apart from a one-time $1200 cheque, Donald Trump has done nothing but thrown money at the corporations and his fellow billionaires.

Maybe the community are not represented by the rioters and looters.
    Oh sure, blacks are juust fine having white supremacy's boot on their neck.
    :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

What else could one expect from the Scotch-Irish? Their heritage is entwined with racism and religious extremism just like their cousins.

Oh sure, blacks are juust fine having white supremacy's boot on their neck.
    :rolleyes:

See...all you have is hyperbole.

Facts are harder to argue with...

See...all you have is hyperbole.

Facts are harder to argue with...
    Please show me the 'facts' that the protesters in Minneapolis are not representative.

Please show me the 'facts' that the protesters in Minneapolis are not representative.

Again with the hyperbole.

I suggested that the the community are not represented by the looters or rioters because I believe most people are actually law abiding...I didn't think that would be too hard to accept!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

2u2me wrote: »
    This is where identity politics has been leading us for along time. Shows how divisive it is.

Those CNN commentators that are pushing this racist angle are culpable as hate instigators, they are instigating riots on global television. Disgusting assholes doing it for $$$$.

Don Lemon is a ****ing hack and deserves to be jailed for his continued stoking of racial tensions.

I agree that identity politics is incredibly divisive. However it might be more useful if the president wasn't contributing to it. Maybe showing some leadership?

Again with the hyperbole.

I suggested that the the community are not represented by the looters or rioters because I believe most people are actually law abiding...I didn't think that would be too hard to accept!
    I believe the vast, vast majority of the rioters and looters are local people.
    Ordinarily law biding of course, push them over the tipping point however and when an opportunity to loot an ATM or a liquor store amidst all the mayhem presents, then yeah ppl will do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

pjohnson wrote: »
    Why do some people think actions from The Simpsons is the solution to all of America's problems?

340?cb=20110502173948

Also in a country with an embarrassing amount of guns why do people think the guy on the roof is the only one with a gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

Donald Trump has been promoting racist white identity politics since he started his election campaign in 2015, so this is a case where both sides are at fault.

I agree that identity politics is incredibly divisive. However it might be more useful if the president wasn't contributing to it. Maybe showing some leadership?

Sure he could be showing leadership, but I accept him for who he is, mostly a self-serving narcissist. It's in his best interest not to go down as the worst president in history.

"MAGA night at the white house" is not stoking racial tensions. There are plenty of black people that associate with "MAGA".

CNN are more outraged than Floyd's family. They were trying to put words into their mouths.

Here he is again stoking racial tensions. Nothing nearly as bad as Trump has said.

Ordinarily law biding of course, push them over the tipping point however and when an opportunity to loot an ATM or a liquor store amidst all the mayhem presents, then yeah ppl will do it.

And I believe that a despicable act from a member of the police force has sparked a riot from a people who have been whipped into believing that they are being oppressed....during an administration that has delivered historic employment numbers, prison reform and less dependency on the state much to the concern of the Democrats some of whom believe that is you don't vote for a Democrat you ain't black.

But it's perfectly ok to disagree with my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,790 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Sure he could be showing leadership, but I accept him for who he is, mostly a self-serving narcissist. It's in his best interest not to go down as the worst president in history.

"MAGA night at the white house" is not stoking racial tensions. There are plenty of black people that associate with "MAGA".

CNN are more outraged than Floyd's family. They were trying to put words into their mouths.

Here he is again stoking racial tensions. Nothing nearly as bad as Trump has said.

Bullllllllllshiiiiiiiit

St Paul mayor: ‘everyone arrested last night was from out of state’

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

This tweet the worst of the lot. Trump hasn't got a clue.

"Vicious dogs i have ever seen"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1266711223657205763

Overheal wrote: »
    Bullllllllllshiiiiiiiit

101ruel26al21.jpg

This tweet the worst of the lot. Trump hasn't got a clue.

"Vicious dogs i have ever seen"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1266711223657205763

Making out the secret service to be a bunch of barely contained bloodthirsty killers. Classy

• Advertisement

And I believe that a despicable act from a member of the police force has sparked a riot from a people who have been whipped into believing that they are being oppressed....during an administration that has delivered historic employment numbers, prison reform and less dependency on the state much to the concern of the Democrats some of whom believe that is you don't vote for a Democrat you ain't black.

But it's perfectly ok to disagree with my opinion.
    I'm sure black ppl in America appreciates your belittling their plight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement