Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

BluePlanet wrote: »
    I'm sure black ppl in America appreciates your belittling their plight.

Are you only capable of hyperbole...

• Registered Users Posts: 82,792 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

2u2me wrote: »
    101ruel26al21.jpg

Clearly I’m not dismissing the existence of token black support. I’m rubbishing your idea that a clash between MAGA and police reformists won’t be rife with racial tension. You have no clue. You’re clearly not American. You don’t live this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

Are you only capable of hyperbole...
    You're part of the problem.
    Defend the status quo, castigate a minority community in obvious struggle.
    Deny their plight, deny even their right to feel aggrieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Over 100,000 dead in 3 months and racial tensions at breaking point which could lead to f*ck knows what

IT'S MAGA NIGHT AT THE WHITE HOUSE

He just doesn't give a sh*te really, does he?

You're part of the problem.
    Defend the status quo, castigate a minority community in obvious struggle.
    Deny their plight, deny even their right to feel aggrieved.

More hyperbole.

I am Irish...I have nothing to do with American politics.

I am not denying their plight, high unemployment, welfare dependency and high prison rates would be enough to demoralize any community...I was simply pointing out that this current administration seemed to be helping the people in those communities.

And do you really think Trump is part of the status quo?

I understand how deeply unpopular my opinion is on this administration, but that is what online forums are for are they not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

More hyperbole.

I am not denying their plight, high unemployment, welfare dependency and high prison rates would be enough to demoralize any community...I was simply pointing out that this current administration seemed to be helping the people in those communities.

I understand how deeply unpopular my opinion is on this administration, but that is what online forums are for are they not?
    You can't understand how offensive Trump is to minorities?

Look, this is a waste of time, you're not for turning and neither am i.
    I'm not going to bother replying to you.

You can't understand how offensive Trump is to minorities?

Look, this is a waste of time, you're not for turning and neither am i.
    I'm not going to bother replying to you.

Of course you are not going to reply...you've nothing to add only hyperbole.

It's perfectly fine to disagree with someone....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Killer Mike is appealing to the people of Atlanta to go home, and said that if the people want to protest do it through the ballot box. Is is a wonderful sentiment, and I like him very much, he will go a long way. I will link his speech later, I am on a mobile. It is tough to show restraint at such a difficult time, the world needs more people like him

Law enforcement according to CNN is investigating white supremacist incitement to violence allegations. We may get names and faces soon of those who were online and perhaps in the crowds throwing gasoline on the situation to increase the looting and damage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

More hyperbole.

And do you really think Trump is part of the status quo?

What? How so.

• Advertisement

Stateofyou wrote: »
    What? How so.

I've already pointed it out.

I've already pointed it out.

It’s a big thread what are the crib notes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Overheal wrote: »
    Clearly I’m not dismissing the existence of token black support. I’m rubbishing your idea that a clash between MAGA and police reformists won’t be rife with racial tension. You have no clue. You’re clearly not American. You don’t live this.

Tokenism ha! Just as bad as Biden's "You're not black if you don't vote democrat" Absolutely ridiculous.

There were no black members of the KKK.
    There were no white members of the Nation of Islam.

When groups start to diversify not through race but through reason and ideas, then it actually eases racial tensions. This isn't difficult.

Tokenism ha! Just as bad as Biden's "You're not black if you don't vote democrat" Absolutely ridiculous.

There were no black members of the KKK.
    There were no white members of the Nation of Islam.

When groups start to diversify not through race but through reason and ideas, then it actually eases racial tensions. This isn't difficult.

When KKK ascribes to the MAGA platform you make my case for me thank you very much god bless and stick to things you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

It’s a big thread what are the crib notes?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Step_Act

As proof that he's trying to help while also cutting the funding of it.

When KKK ascribes to the MAGA platform you make my case for me thank you very much god bless and stick to things you know.

So anything KKK do we can no longer do? The KKK eat potatoes, if you do that makes you a racist?

I don't get this guilt by association.
    There are plenty of black americans that support 'MAGA', you dismiss their experience too readily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

And yet Trumps prison reforms have been welcomed by Black leaders ...

https://apnews.com/0faa2c8750384045b2be9559c71633a0

And African Americans were enjoying their lowest unemployment numbers in history....decreasing dependency on food stamps and social welfare.

From an outsider looking in, it seems, African Americans were going to jail less, working more and less dependent on the state more than ever.

I'm not talking about blacks v whites divisions.

I'm talking about widespread society divisions with his gun toting voter base against everyone else. Not too long ago he had armed Trump fans in the Michigan State Capital.

Every tweet he makes takes on a meaning.

"Liberate Michigan" was the tweet at that time.

Utterly divisive and idiotic from a sitting POTUS.

Don't be nice to gang members who are spreading drugs and violence ....bump their heads as you put them into the patrol car....He is Hitler!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

So anything KKK do we can no longer do? The KKK eat potatoes, if you do that makes you a racist?

There are plenty of black americans that support 'MAGA', you dismiss their experience too readily.

if you are going to attempt analogies try not to use ones that would embarrass a 5 year old.

The point you are skirting is any call from Trump for a MAGA counter protest at the White House tonight will result in racial tensions. Period. It is indisputable. It doesn’t matter what the unemployment rate is. It doesn’t matter what the law is. There is a plague of white supremacists and lesser racists among MAGA. Suggesting they will stand a nose away from the George Floyd movement without racial tensions is a ridiculously off base assumption.

if you are going to attempt analogies try not to use ones that would embarrass a 5 year old.

Have you got anything to add?

The point you are skirting is any call from Trump for a MAGA counter protest at the White House tonight will result in racial tensions. Period. It is indisputable. It doesn’t matter what the unemployment rate is. It doesn’t matter what the law is. There is a plague of white supremacists and lesser racists among MAGA. Suggesting they will stand a nose away from the George Floyd movement without racial tensions is a ridiculously off base assumption.

Well let's see. I imagine there will be plenty of black people among the MAGA movement.

Don't be nice to gang members who are spreading drugs and violence ....bump their heads as you put them into the patrol car....He is Hitler!!!!!

You don’t see the connection between the US top law enforcement officer calling for more police brutality, and police brutality?

You don’t see the connection between the US top law enforcement officer calling for more police brutality, and police brutality?

He's calling for brutality against the rioters. This I agree with. This civil rights movement was quickly hijacked by the Antifa type of marxists that just want to destroy everything. The only way to deal with them and protect the innocent civilians living among them is with more police.

Well let's see. I imagine there will be plenty of black people among the MAGA movement.

Your imagination doesn’t interest me.

Your imagination doesn’t interest me.

Well we'll see tonight won't we? When did he release that tweet?

He's calling for brutality against the rioters. This I agree with. This civil rights movement was quickly hijacked by the Antifa type of marxists that just want to destroy everything. The only way to deal with them and protect the innocent civilians living among them is with more police.

No he was calling for brutality in general. And calling for brutality against anyone is not something a president does. He is dividing the country not unifying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,050 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Driving while black. How dare he.

Sums up what Black America has to deal with.

All because he didn't come to an absolute stop at those crazy America turns,

Stop and then Turn Right. Even though those roads flow, and have clear visibility. It's a bit like coming to a complete stop at a roundabout, purely for the rule, rather than there being a need.

All those cops, all those guns for what amounts to being 1km over the speed limit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement