Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

Overheal wrote: »
    Law enforcement according to CNN is investigating white supremacist incitement to violence allegations. We may get names and faces soon of those who were online and perhaps in the crowds throwing gasoline on the situation to increase the looting and damage.

You have a link to that?

I find the police agent provocateur argument weird, like seems like people are speaking out of both sides of their mouths , burning and looting is ok and not violence, but also it's undercover police starting it and others are jumping in and it is awful.

On the white supremacist thing maybe but wouldn't it be more likely to be the bugaloo guns rights types (which obviously overlap but aren't identical) and it's not like Black Block anarchists don't like smashing stuff up.

Basically my point is that escalating disturbances fits a multiple different groups goals despite their background ideologies being very different. I wouldn't excuse Trump either as it seems he is on the same game plan as well, he only needs a 2% shift to flip Minnesota for example so inner city disturbances probably suit him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

You don’t see the connection between the US top law enforcement officer calling for more police brutality, and police brutality?

Oh man you can't be serious.

There is a world of difference between bumping the head of a dangerous violent criminal as you put him into a patrol car and the murder/manslaughter of a man by a cop kneeling on his neck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

No he was calling for brutality in general. And calling for brutality against anyone is not something a president does. He is dividing the country not unifying it.

If you slate the KKK you could call it 'dividing the country against the KKK"

The ideas of these rioters need to be divided from the rest of the country. Their ideas are disgusting and lead to hate and division. (Marxist/antifa)

"Now, we're getting them [criminals] out anyway, but we'd like to get them out a lot faster, and when you see these towns and when you see these thugs being thrown into the back of a paddy wagon, you just see them thrown in, rough, I said, please don't be too nice. Like when you guys put somebody in the car and you're protecting their head, you know, the way you put their hand over, like, don't hit their head and they've just killed somebody. Don't hit their head. I said, you can take the hand away, okay?"

Trump said this while he was in Long Island to discuss MS-13 gang in front of police. It's a bloody joke..

CNN are the ones really stoking racial tensions and you you guys don't seem to care.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,792 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You have a link to that?

I find the police agent provocateur argument weird, like seems like people are speaking out of both sides of their mouths , burning and looting is ok and not violence, but also it's undercover police starting it and others are jumping in and it is awful.

On the white supremacist thing maybe but wouldn't it be more likely to be the bugaloo guns rights types (which obviously overlap but aren't identical) and it's not like Black Block anarchists don't like smashing stuff up.

Basically my point is that escalating disturbances fits a multiple different groups goals despite their background ideologies being very different. I wouldn't excuse Trump either as it seems he is on the same game plan as well, he only needs a 2% shift to flip Minnesota for example so inner city disturbances probably suit him.

No it was on television and talk between anchor and crew. TBD if it’s just rumor or mere suspicion.

Oh man you can't be serious.

There is a world of difference between bumping the head of a dangerous violent criminal as you put him into a patrol car and the murder/manslaughter of a man by a cop kneeling on his neck.

I’m not arguing this with you. It’s indefensible and your apology of it is weak.

• Advertisement

No it was on television and talk between anchor and crew. TBD if it’s just rumor or mere suspicion.

It could have been the Russians....they are always up to something!!!

It could have been the Russians....they are always up to something!!!

Frankly yes. It could be anyone. Social media from anywhere can influence anything. Like Hong Kong.

Internet Research agency for example in 2016 poses themselves online as a bunch of black Americans pushing a drive to ‘boycott the election,’ aiming to reduce black voter turnout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

Driving while black. How dare he.

Sums up what Black America has to deal with.

Did you ever consider what the cops have to put up with?

They're accused of targeting minorities when certain minorities are disproportionately committing violent crime and attacks on police. Its a tough subject but for every video you pull up there's another where someone shoots at or pulls a gun on an officer.

It's not as simple as saying one side are at fault.

Recreation of George Floyd’s final minutes from all the footage that has come forward in the last couple days.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/05/30/video-timeline-george-floyd-death/

I’m not arguing this with you. It’s indefensible and your apology of it is weak.

I didn't make any apology!!!!

• Advertisement

peddlelies wrote: »
    Did you ever consider what the cops have to put up with?

They're accused of targeting minorities when certain minorities are disproportionately committing violent crime and attacks on police. Its a tough subject but for every video you pull up there's another where someone shoots at or pulls a gun on an officer.

It's not as simple as saying one side are at fault.

Disenfranchised people are more violent towards the establishment.

I didn't make any apology!!!!

You’re being an apologist.

You’re being an apologist.

I have a different opinion to you....that is all.

Disenfranchised people are more violent towards the establishment.

The establishment? They shoot each other and when cops get involved they shoot them too.

The establishment? They shoot each other and when cops get involved they shoot them too.

Disenfranchised Americans don’t have law enforcement to safely call upon to protect them, or prosecute crimes. So they do it themselves.

I have a different opinion to you....that is all.

An opinion that police brutality is okay as long as they decide the perp is guilty until proven innocent.

Disenfranchised Americans don’t have law enforcement to safely call upon to protect them, or prosecute crimes. So they do it themselves.

What. It's gang violence, the cops try to help but even those dying in the street won't give up names to police.

Go watch a documentary or two of police units working day to day in ghetto communities and educate yourself on what goes on.

What. It's gang violence, the cops try to help but even those dying in the street won't give up names to police.

Go watch a documentary or two of police units working day to day in ghetto communities and educate yourself on what goes on.

I’m fully aware. It’s a vicious multi generational cycle of many blames and factors.

I’m fully aware. It’s a vicious multi generational cycle of many blames and factors.

Fair enough

An opinion that police brutality is okay as long as they decide the perp is guilty until proven innocent.

And there you go completely distorting what I said...no doubt you'll get plenty of thanks for that one.

• Advertisement

And there you go completely distorting what I said...no doubt you'll get plenty of thanks for that one.

You said it was okay as long as it involves [people already assumed to be guilty]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭Homelander

I have been reading this thread passively and you're being incredibly antagonistic and passive-aggressive.

That's not at all what the poster said or even hinted at.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,093 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

https://twitter.com/Selena_Adera/status/1266707305158017029

As I and others suspect, the looting is mainly from out of town white kids who don't give a **** about these areas and are just here for the anarchy and looting.

But these supposed allies won't have to pick up the pieces and fix these communities are take the brunt of the violence that may come from police.

https://twitter.com/JasonLemon/status/1266529475757510656?s=20

“ Zayer was then taken to a nearby emergency room and hospitalized after an apparently “serious seizure,” according to a social media report by South Brooklyn Mutual Aid organizer Whitney Hu.”

Maybe she deserves to be roughed up as a violent criminal?

CNN reporter, Omar Jimenez, arrested by police live on air.

I'm usually for the open free expression of the press, but this guy apparently was already told to move twice. Also it incensed civilians to run out in the middle where they were told not to go.

Just goes to show that CNN think they are above the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,614 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

2u2me wrote: »
    CNN reporter, Omar Jimenez, arrested by police live on air.

I'm usually for the open free expression of the press, but this guy apparently was already told to move twice. Also it incensed civilians to run out in the middle where they were told not to go.

Oh so we are rewinding back to yesterday's discussion points now for another round?

You are consistently misrepresenting what I am saying...and your shallow moralistic navel gazing is typical of someone who can't think for themselves.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Oh so we are rewinding back to yesterday's discussion points now for another round?

I must have missed that. This thread is hard to keep up with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

2u2me wrote: »

How on earth do you come to a conclusion like that unless you are trying to find a narrative to push?

• Advertisement

J_E wrote: »
    How on earth do you come to a conclusion like that unless you are trying to find a narrative to push?

Because I see them trying to push a racial narrative. It wouldn't surprise me if they tried to get their black correspondent arrested deliberately by not following police orders.

What great television that makes, already over 5 million views.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement