Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

2u2me wrote: »
    I must have missed that. This thread is hard to keep up with.
    You must have

Anyay they were released shortly afterwards and the state governor personally apologised to their employer for their wrongful arrest

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

CNN reporter, Omar Jimenez, arrested by police live on air.

I'm usually for the open free expression of the press, but this guy apparently was already told to move twice. Also it incensed civilians to run out in the middle where they were told not to go.

Just goes to show that CNN think they are above the law.

Apparently? So you didnt even watch the video in your rush to get it up and blame them?

There are police all around them. He asked for clarification a few times as to where they wanted them to move to so they wouldnt be in the way.

Because I see them trying to push a racial narrative. It wouldn't surprise me if they tried to get their black correspondent arrested deliberately by not following police orders.

What great television that makes, already over 5 million views.

Good job its all on video so. If only someone had a link to it so you could watch it..................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Because I see them trying to push a racial narrative. It wouldn't surprise me if they tried to get their black correspondent arrested deliberately by not following police orders.

What great television that makes, already over 5 million views.

What? Why is he being arrested live on air, when he is having a civil dialogue? You are making no sense at all. Your bias is showing really hard here. It's uncomfortable to be even discussing this.
    It wouldn't surprise me if they tried to get their black correspondent
    Of course it wouldn't surprise you... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I must have missed that. This thread is hard to keep up with.

Go back and read it. The argument was made yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Apparently? So you didnt even watch the video in your rush to get it up and blame them?

There are police all around them. He asked for clarification a few times as to where they wanted them to move to so they wouldnt be in the way.

You see him in the footage asking for clarification about where to go. Later when he is released he does another report for CNN in which he mentions police visited him twice already asking him to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,614 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

You see him in the footage asking for clarification about where to go. Later when he is released he does another report for CNN in which he mentions police visited him twice already asking him to move.

And the police were repeatedly incapable of telling him where to actually move to. Then when the reporter didnt automatically teleport to the unknown correct location they arrested him.

J_E wrote: »
    What? Why is he being arrested live on air, when he is having a civil dialogue? You are making no sense at all. Your bias is showing really hard here. It's uncomfortable to be even discussing this.

Of course it wouldn't surprise you... :(

What would surprise me if you would make a good point when being so smarmy.

But alas, the CNN team were in a place they were told not to be, and it incensed other civilians to break ranks and go where they weren't allowed to be.

In the time of violent riots it's very important to listen to the police, and for them to arrest anyone not listening to them.

You guys clearly missed this second report the reporter did after he was released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Overheal wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/JasonLemon/status/1266529475757510656?s=20

“ Zayer was then taken to a nearby emergency room and hospitalized after an apparently “serious seizure,” according to a social media report by South Brooklyn Mutual Aid organizer Whitney Hu.”

Maybe she deserves to be roughed up as a violent criminal?

Disproportionate level of force used there. That's brutality.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,792 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This woman is a legend and a leader of men

https://twitter.com/JamesYoder/status/1266548624256913409?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

pjohnson wrote: »
    And the police were repeatedly incapable of telling him where to actually move to. Then when the reporter didnt automatically teleport to the unknown correct location they arrested him.

Anybody with a brain can see what the reporter is doing there. He is not complying and still making no effort to move while continuing to report live.

darced wrote: »
    Anybody with a brain can see what the reporter is doing there. He is not complying and still making no effort to move while continuing to report live.

Course he is continuing , why wouldn't he.

Seeing as we love the "if he didn't do x, y wouldn't have happened" on here. If the police had just told him where to move to, they wouldn't have had to falsely arrest them and an apology wouldn't have had to be issued.

Yesterday , we were told on here that they wouldn't move because they were shielding a criminal behind them, despite 50+police being all around the.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

And they attacked CNN HQ in Atlanta. I found that very funny.

CNN very pro Antifa and BLM, these rioters are fools and CNN are very foolish to think the mob wouldn't come for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

This happens in Palestine a lot. You just don't get to see it on the news. A real shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

darced wrote: »

Christ alive. Maybe we really do have a lot of dumb racists here. I was trying really hard to believe that was not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

Course he is continuing , why wouldn't he.

Seeing as we love the "if he didn't do x, y wouldn't have happened" on here. If the police had just told him where to move to, they wouldn't have had to falsely arrest them and an apology wouldn't have had to be issued.

Yesterday , we were told on here that they wouldn't move because they were shielding a criminal behind them, despite 50+police being all around the.

If the American police stopped using military weapons and stopped harming black Americans before they are at the police station then maybe the black American community would trust the police more and there wouldn't be these riots in America today.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Christ alive. Maybe we really do have a lot of dumb racists here. I was trying really hard to believe that was not the case.

Are you accusing the poster of racism because he thinks the reporter was in the wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

If the American police stopped using military weapons and stopped harming black Americans before they are at the police station then maybe the black American community would trust the police more and there wouldn't be these riots in America today.

Yet the insinuation by many is, black folk put it on themselves, they want this hardship, they want to be victims. You can really tell who is having a dialogue with people of colour here and who has probably never talked to one in their life.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,614 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The reporter probably should have known it was too hard a question to expect the police to answer.

Plus media is the devil nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

J Mysterio wrote: »

That's a pretty idiotic reply to an idiotic post.

Ladies and gentleman.... The Internet, where rationality and reason goes to die.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

J_E wrote: »
    Yet the insinuation by many is, black folk put it on themselves, they want this hardship, they want to be victims. You can really tell who is having a dialogue with people of colour here and who has probably never talked to one in their life.

It's a unique problem to America and some people here do not understand how native black Americans are different from African immigrants to Europe and how American police are different from European police.

There were plenty of other camera crews filming that day that didn't get arrested. I wonder why not. Obviously if CNN were to be believed it's because the police are racist.

In reality the other camera crews moved to a place they knew was safe.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    That's a pretty idiotic reply to an idiotic post.

Ladies and gentleman.... The Internet, where rationality and reason goes to die.

Theres 42 pages of people bending over themselves to dig up any nugget of information that can be used to excuse what these police did.

The internet indeed....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Boards legal experts still arguing in favour of the wrongful arrest of that news crew even though they were all released shortly afterwards and received a full apology

pjohnson wrote: »
    The reporter probably should have known it was too hard a question to expect the police to answer.

Plus media is the devil nowadays.

Nonsense.

He was asked to move, and decided to be a smart arse and engage police in the middle of a war zone, and for this, he was arrested. He’s an idiot. And deserved to get arrested..

End of. People need to stop blaming everyone and anyone on their own issues.

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Boards legal experts still arguing in favour of the wrongful arrest of that news crew even though they were all released shortly afterwards and received a full apology

What do you think would have happened if they kept them under arrest?

walshb wrote: »
    Nonsense.

He was asked to move, and decided to be a smart arse and engage police in the middle of a war zone, and for this, he was arrested. He’s an idiot. And deserved to get arrested..

End of. People need to stop blaming everyone and anyone on their own issues.

This is why CNN are so infuriating disgusting. People believe their bull****. Racist cops arrest black cameraman because they're racist! In the time of riots spurned on by civil unrest. It would take an infant to believe this line.

This is why CNN are so infuriating disgusting. People believe their bull****. Racist cops arrest black cameraman because they're racist! In the time of riots spurned on by civil unrest. It would take an infant to believe this line.

Indeed.

I don’t care what color he is. You want to be a smart arse with the cops during serious serious times then expect them to act..

How could anybody defend the police here when you even have Fox News hosts like Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh saying the police murdered George Floyd?

They try to be under the radar, finding bits of information about his past , then throw in that hes a criminal. Look over this thread and the Ahmuad Arbery one. Its choc full of people dragging little details out for hours and pages of posts

A few outright say things like "if he hadnt used the forge note, this wouldnt have happened to him" etc.

But its all just because they "want the facts".

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    Indeed.

I don’t care what color he is. You want to be a smart arse with the cops during serious serious times then expect them to act..

Lets take your stance that he was being a smart ass. Is a cops job to be Judge Dredd or are they supposed to apply a bit of community policing, talk to people.

What did they gain by refusing to answer the question and rising to his "smartness", other than an embarrassing climbdown?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement