Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

For the record I've had 3 names in my time on boards for over 20 years and only ever used one at a time.

Zebra is ancapailldorcha IMO

As someone who has repeatedly been labelled a trump apologist and a trump supporter, I can openly state that I genuinely feel that he has made an absolute bollocks of this situation.

I'm very sad about that and disheartened but I'm certainly not surprised.

By the same token, people stoking fires and making this a race war instead of a police overreach war is also upsetting but sadly not surprising.

The fact is, a man died. Unnecessarily and unjustly. I don't believe the police did it because they hated his skin tone. I believe the did it because they were *****.

But I've seen people here now falsely saying that it never happens to white people and white people should try to understand what's it's like to be black...

**** off.

This is a sad sad affair. The main issue should be police overreach and abuse of power. The only proof I see of racism I see is that it happened to a black person.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

As someone who has repeatedly been labelled a trump apologist and a trump supporter, I can openly state that I genuinely feel that he has made an absolute bollocks of this situation.

I'm very sad about that and disheartened but I'm certainly not surprised.

By the same token, people stoking fires and making this a race war instead of a police overreach war is also upsetting but sadly not surprising.

The fact is, a man died. Unnecessarily and unjustly. I don't believe the police did it because they hated his skin tone. I believe the did it because they were *****.

But I've seen people here now falsely saying that it never happens to white people and white people should try to understand what's it's like to be black...

**** off.

This is a sad sad affair. The main issue should be police overreach and abuse of power. The only proof I see of racism I see is that it happened to a black person.

Wow, some attitude. B causes A. Simple. Police overreach by racial profiling and abusive arrests disproportionately causes the "race war," as you put it. But that term is wrong. I don't even know what that means. It's not white's vs blacks. The US has a society built on systemic racism and it's a huge problem. Black people are rising up and many white ally's are standing with them. Many are choosing to listen and understand and wake up to what has been going on and how they can help, and be actively non-racist. When you say "race war" it makes you sound like a white supremacist using painful times like this to stoke hatred and misunderstanding. But - you are a self declared Trump supporter so not at all surprised at this type of ignorance and attitude. You are asked to understand what its like to live in someone else's shoes and your response is to say f**k off? Says it all about the type of person you are. Someone who no doubt lives in white skin and doesn't have to understand and doesn't want to. The very definition of privilege.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Protestor killed after being dragged under 18 wheeler Fed Ex truck.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=C485M_1590861256

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    Are you still dying on this hill, that they got a gubernatorial apology for?

What do you think would happen if they kept that journalist in custody?

They would continue to burn every police station they could find until he was released would be my answer.
    Within the current climate the apology bears no weight. It was prerequisite.

That's tough to watch. Absolutely horrendous scene. Protestors stopped and swarmed a lorry demanding he leave with screams of 'burn it'. Driver was presumably spooked and drove off catching a proestor under a tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Absolutely horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Anyone else pumped for tonight's episode? Will the joggers be out in force again? Is it true that MAGA lads will show up?

I never thought watching America dissolve into a race war could be so comfy.

You're a terrible piece of sh1t.

Anyone else pumped for tonight's episode? Will the joggers be out in force again? Is it true that MAGA lads will show up?

I never thought watching America dissolve into a race war could be so comfy.

It's not a race war. And keep it classy. People dying and living in fear is entertainment to you. Wtf is wrong with you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,888 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Absolutely horrific.

How many people have died in these riots up to this point?

Glazers Out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

2u2me wrote: »
    That's tough to watch. Absolutely horrendous scene. Protestors stopped and swarmed a lorry demanding he leave with screams of 'burn it'. Driver was presumably spooked and drove off catching a proestor under a tyre.

Driver did what everyone would do and that was, get the fuk out of there

Nothing wrong with me friend :)

You're not my friend. And clearly, there is a lot wrong with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Oh boy..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Saw some woman protester on twitter saying she's now permanently blind in her left eye after getting hit by some kind of non lethal round.

Hope it was worth losing an eye for a man she never even met.

Registered today. 6 posts and each one extremely nasty. I guess you're not planning to stay for long.

Cant even imagine what was going through his mind, absolutely horrific thing to happen. Looks like his legs got caught under the tyre.
    The driver was clearly spooked as they were trying to smash his windows. Begs the question though, why are the protestors attacking vehicles when as we have seen it can end up with casualties when the driver panics?

Saw some woman protester on twitter saying she's now permanently blind in her left eye after getting hit by some kind of non lethal round.

Hope it was worth losing an eye for a man she never even met.

What's happening now is much bigger than what happened to just one man. Obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Cant even imagine what was going through his mind, absolutely horrific thing to happen. Looks like his legs got caught under the tyre.
    The driver was clearly spooked as they were trying to smash his windows. Begs the question why are the protestors attacking vehicles when as we have seen it can end up with casualties when the driver panics?

Actually feel sorry for the driver as well. I couldn't watch the video but by the sounds of it was an accident.

Jesus. Just horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Its hard to watch, without a doubt!! Imagine being this driver tho, having multiple people screaming kicking and banging your cab and crowds gathering around the truck, taking everything that is happening into consideration, I dont think this was intentional at all and the narrative being spun that it was on purpose, is pathetic. The first container was in the middle of being looted and why he was there, who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,794 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

They would continue to burn every police station they could find until he was released would be my answer.

What does this fantasy have to do with the circumstances of the arrest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

That is grim :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

You've made this post about 5 times already. Why do you keep bringing up this scenario? How is it contributing to any discussion?

Violent protests over the death of an unarmed African-American man in the hands of police officers in Minnesota "are no longer in any way" about his killing, the state's governor has said.

He said violence had made "a mockery of pretending this is about George Floyd's death, or inequities or historical traumas to our communities of colour"

He and other officials have suggested that many violent protesters came from outside the state to cause trouble, but did not give details.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52863506

Many believe these people to be white Antifa members. Imagine that, white Antifa members going into black neighbourhoods and burning them down.

J_E wrote: »
    You've made this post about 5 times already. Why do you keep bringing up this scenario? How is it contributing to any discussion?

An apology under duress is no apology at all.

Duress lmfao

Overheal wrote: »
    Duress lmfao

You refused to answer my question so why do you cotinue to snipe at the conversation without adding anything of your own. In your words 'low'.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,901 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The driver was clearly spooked as they were trying to smash his windows. Begs the question though, why are the protestors attacking vehicles when as we have seen it can end up with casualties when the driver panics?

These events are very similar to the LA riots and they attacked cars and lorries including fracturing one guys skull. I've also heard the chants of "no justice, no peace" which was chanted in 1992. I realise I refer to the riots in 1992 but it's because there are so many eerie similarities between the initial incident involving cops and the reaction of people. The initial legitimate reason in both cases which is a legitimate grievance is lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

You genuinely want to twist this narrative, so so badly. Argh. I'm out. No more discussion to be had here. Boards being Boards.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    These events are very similar to the LA riots and they attacked cars and lorries including fracturing one guys skull. I've also heard the chants of "no justice, no peace" which was chanted in 1992. I realise I refer to the riots in 1992 but it's because there are so many eerie similarities between the initial incident involving cops and the reaction of people. The initial legitimate reason in both cases which is a legitimate grievance is lost.

I'm sure every US truck driver is well aware of the infamous incident in the LA riots where the driver was pulled from his cab and battered half to death.
    In fact they're probably informed about it during training for emergencies.

• Advertisement

You refused to answer my question so why do you cotinue to snipe at the conversation without adding anything of your own. In your words 'low'.

Oh your question about what would happen if they held the CNN crew?

False arrest charges for the officers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement