Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Overheal wrote: »
    Oh your question about what would happen if they held the CNN crew?

False arrest charges for the officers.

Don't you think it would make the riots worse? By an order of magnitude.

"CNN reporter still kept by police now 24 hours later"
    That would incense the rioters. Come on ... seriously think about it. He committed a minor offence, the police wanted him out of there. They arreseted him and left him go an hour later.

They asked him to move twice before that footage started as the CNN reported himself said, he also admitted he himself did not receive an apology.

Yet CNN are spinning it like just another racist incident; is that what you think, seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,796 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

2u2me wrote: »
    Don't you think it would make the riots worse? By an order of magnitude.

"CNN reporter still kept by police now 24 hours later"
    That would incense the rioters. Come on ... seriously think about it. He committed a minor offence, the police wanted him out of there. They arreseted him and left him go an hour later.

They asked him to move twice before that footage started as the CNN reported himself said, he also admitted he himself did not receive an apology.

Yet CNN are spinning it like just another racist incident; is that what you think, seriously?

Let me clear this up:

Yes, people would have been outraged. Because there was no crime there and it would be false imprisonment.

Whereas you are claiming that the crew did something illegal, and the only reason they didn’t stay in jail was because of “duress” to let them go because of public outrage - not at all to do with the fact that the arrest was bogus.

That’s why they would have protested more. Because the arrest was bogus. That’s why you’re convinced they would have rioted. Because it was a bogus arrest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I'm sure every US truck driver is well aware of the infamous incident in the LA riots where the driver was pulled from his cab and battered half to death.
    In fact they're probably informed about it during training for emergencies.

Jesus. I don't remember that. Will have to look it up. The whole thing really reminds me of the LA riots.

You would be absolutely terrified in that situation though. An angry crowd is terrifying and dangerous.

Because it was a bogus arrest.

Ok give it to me, why did they arrest him? Did they just run over to him and arrest him based on no prior happenings between them?

Because he was a black guy standing in a street?(I want to make clear I'm talking about a CNN reporter and not goerge floyd)

Ok give it to me, why did they arrest him? Did they just run over to him and arrest him based on no prior happenings between them?

Because he was a black guy standing in a street?(I want to make clear I'm talking about a CNN reported and not goerge floyd)

They never booked him or presented any charge. So, bogus.

• Advertisement

They never booked him or presented any charge. So, bogus.

So they were just arresting anybody they saw? They also arrested the woman that fell in front of the CNN crew just before they arrested them.

Just more police brutality?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Jesus. I don't remember that. Will have to look it up. The whole thing really reminds me of the LA riots.

Yeah it happened live on tv if I remember correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

You would be absolutely terrified in that situation though. An angry crowd is terrifying and dangerous.

It more like a revolution than a riot,. It has spread to multiple cities.

Watching the situation in Philadelphia, cars turned over and burned.

https://6abc.com/live-george-floyd-protests-turn-violent-in-philadelphia/6221141/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

2u2me wrote:

2u2me wrote:
    Because he was a black guy standing in a street?

I don't think the reason of the arrest has been released. What is known is they were arrested. And then released. And an apology released. Within roughly 90minutes.

Apology under duress? Maybe. You can't prove it true. I can't prove it false. You can keep making the point. Posters can continue to attack it. Because at the moment it has no basis in fact or can be backed up by a source. So around and around in a circle we go. Might be best to leave points that are opinion rather a fact alone. The merry go round gets tiresome.

So they were just arresting anybody they saw?

I don’t have that information.
    They also arrested the woman that fell in front of the CNN crew just before they arrested them.
    Falling isn’t a crime.
    Just more police brutality?

I don’t believe they were brutalized. They were arrested, not violently or savagely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

Watching now on TV. Police beating Antifa and BLM scum back with batons in LA

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Never seen anything like what's going on right now on CNN live......Hard to have any sympathy for these wailing lunatics - what do they expect to happen when they're smashing police vehicles and causing carnage.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,534 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

CNN live in a mini riot.

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Never seen anything like what's going on right now on CNN live......Hard to have any sympathy for these wailing lunatics - what do they expect to happen when they're smashing police vehicles and causing carnage.

Absolute scum ia all they are. Vandalism of police cars and yet they expect the police to just stand by and watch??

They'll be helping themselves to 42" flat screen TV's on their way home later.

Watching now on TV. Police beating Antifa and BLM scum back with batons in LA

How do you know they are BLM and/or antifa? Uniform? Name badges? Flags?

Absolute scum ia all they are. Vandalism of police cars and yet they expect the police to just stand by and watch??

Hmm.

Do the police expect the public to stand by and watch as they murder someone who is innocent until proven guilty?

M

Probably too early to go in heavy handed, given it's a saturday night. If one of the crowd gets properly hit by a rubber bullet things could go mad.

M

They could do with some PSNI Landrovers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

F*cking hell, CNN arrest guy still going

Do you have a dartboard at home with the CNN logo on it?

Hmm.

Do the police expect the public to stand by and watch as they murder someone who is innocent until proven guilty?

You've heard of the rule of law the courts etc.., right?

They are setting police cars alight now. Hopefully no officers injured by these animals.

• Advertisement

Just about the comparison between the protests in Hong Kong; Hong Kong protests didn't turn violent for months. They tried to make their point as civilly as possible it wasn't until their government enacted a ban against facemasks that things turned violent.

This is nothing like Hong Kong in the early days of protest. Hong Kong were organized and worked nearly as a single unit. This is civil unrest, this is not protest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Pictures from LA look wild. Cop cars abandoned and up on flames.

M

The cop car fire came at the right time, calmed things for the next half hour.

You've heard of the rule of law the courts etc.., right?

They are setting police cars alight now. Hopefully no officers injured by these animals.

Sure whether George gets to live or die will be settled at a later court date?

Think before you post jesus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

The cops need to get tough here

How do you know they are BLM and/or antifa? Uniform? Name badges? Flags?

Holding up signs saying BLM and Antifa.

These are extreme left wing terrorist organisations.

Sure whether George gets to live or die will be settled at a later court date?

Think before you post jesus.

Sorry im not Jesus, or religious for that matter.

Are you always this slow or is it just a Saturday night thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,352 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

CNN can't believe it's luck to be at the heart of this story. They're delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

If it's bad now this early. It's going to be another horrible night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

I'm sure every US truck driver is well aware of the infamous incident in the LA riots where the driver was pulled from his cab and battered half to death.
    In fact they're probably informed about it during training for emergencies.

I looked at that video and honestly I wont blame the driver hes in a cab and has agressive people banging on his windows, likely he panicked and was trying to escape.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement