Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,536 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Makes the annual Drumcree march look tame.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

nocoverart wrote: »
    Coronavirus possibly caused from a person eating a bat, American riots from a fake 20 Dollar Bill. TBF I know it's not that simplistic in reality but still mad to think about it like that.

The riots in the US were because of the police brutality; if the police had just took him to the police station without killing him then none of this would have happened.

You'd see worse in Limerick of a Saturday night..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

National Guard in the background. Protesters going to wait for dark.

M

Here we go now, Police advancing on CNN.

• Advertisement

You'd see worse in Limerick of a Saturday night..

Quiet in Castletroy now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

YFlyer wrote: »
    Huge police presence in Minneapolis. Looks like a stand off.

I hope the police start knocking the heads off these scumbags, they are not protesters, just thugs out looking for trouble, and they deserve all they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Finally they're taking a tough approach, only three days too late.

Heading to One Direction.

Yer man thinks he's pure cool with the motorbike..

• Advertisement
    M

Rubber bullets are grand until someone loses an eye.

CNN have not said one bad word about the protesters, what a disgrace of a network.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Nozebleed wrote: »
    there no intent to kill the man. in fairness. its accidental..they are trying to restrain the man,heavy handed..but murderous intent? no..

Any member of the police who blocks an airway like this should know that death is a definite possibility. I can’t imagine such conduct is sanctioned in any police manual.

CNN have not said one bad word about the protesters, what a disgrace of a network.

It is not their job.

YFlyer wrote: »
    It is not their job.

You think they would especially after there HQ was destroyed last night. They're way too PC.

M

Ray Ban getting looted is pure scanger.

'Where is the call for calm'..
    Jesus Christ..
    maybe if ye weren't doing everything possible to wind people up for the last few years we wouldn't be in this situation..

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Finally they're taking a tough approach, only three days too late.

The fecking police let the rioters storm Minneapolis the first day while they stood guard next to the house of the cop who they should have arrested for murdering George Floyd, instead of arresting said cop and trying to deescalate the riots before they get out of control and spread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PyreOfHellfire

'Where is the call for calm'..
    Jesus Christ..
    maybe if ye weren't doing everything possible to wind people up for the last few years we wouldn't be in this situation..

Brilliant satire right here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Horrific scenes as police vehicle drives through crowd of protesters in Brooklyn.

https://twitter.com/pgarapon/status/1266885414016688134?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1266885414016688134&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Flawandcrime.com%2Fgeorge-floyd-death%2Fnypd-vehicle-plows-through-barricade-and-into-george-floyd-protestors-video%2F

No excuse for this type of behaviour. Maybe if it was an ambulance trying to save someone's life.

• Advertisement

2u2me wrote: »
    Horrific scenes as police vehicle drives through crowd of protesters in Brooklyn.

https://twitter.com/pgarapon/status/1266885414016688134?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1266885414016688134&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Flawandcrime.com%2Fgeorge-floyd-death%2Fnypd-vehicle-plows-through-barricade-and-into-george-floyd-protestors-video%2F

No excuse for this type of behaviour. Maybe if it was an ambulance trying to save someone's life.

No excuse either for wrecking the place and causing anarchy, which a lot of these so called protesters are doing.

Zurbaran wrote: »
    So you don’t think black people in America are oppressed? Police officers almost always get off Scot free.

Those stats are also laughable. If you go on the site and select the sources it asks you to pay. Have you done this and can you please post them here if so?

I haven't paid for them and don't have the sources. If you have any sources feel free to post them up in refutation to what I posted. Or any other data to prove black people are oppressed.

I haven't paid for them and don't have the sources. If you have any sources feel free to post them up in refutation to what I posted. Or any other data to prove black people are oppressed.

Your own post proved it. Extrapolate the Per Capita from it and you'll see. Black Americans are 13% of the population but are just half the number of whites killed. Per Capita they are 4 times more likely to be shot to death by police. Having a 400% higher fatality rate in your ethnic group is quite an indication for oppression in some form.

The CNN reporter who was arrested stands too close to the action tonight, his producer gets hit by a missile. Now maybe he'll finally learn a lesson about getting too close to an active riot.

Your own post proved it. Extrapolate the Per Capita from it and you'll see. Black Americans are 13% of the population but are just half the number of whites killed. Per Capita they are 4 times more likely to be shot to death by police. Having a 400% higher fatality rate in your ethnic group is quite an indication for oppression in some form.

In 2008 the offending rate for blacks was seven times higher than for whites and the victimisation rate was six times higher. The fact that you have left this out of your analysis only shows your bias. How would this change your maths?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

You’re grand, I’d rather not debate someone who is racist, stupid or both.

I’ve read a bit of this thread since first posting and I’m shocked at the amount of racists in here. Boards should be ashamed of this, how do they not all get banned?

Zurbaran wrote: »
    You’re grand, I’d rather not debate someone who is racist, stupid or both.

I’ve read a bit of this thread since first posting and I’m shocked at the amount of racists in here. Boards should be ashamed of this, how do they not all get banned?

You liberals with your wagging of the 'racist' finger. Quite happy to claim that black people have a higher fatality rate among their group but always ignore the higher rates at which crime is commited by the group.

The reasons maybe socio-economical but of course you jump straight on your go to word, the only word you know how to get you out of a situation in which you feel uncomfortable. Waccisstt.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-black-americans-commit-crime

Facts don't care about your feelings.

In 2008 the offending rate for blacks was seven times higher than for whites and the victimisation rate was six times higher. The fact that you have left this out of your analysis only shows your bias. How would this change your maths?

You just moved the goalposts. Well done, gold medal. I just proved how you undermined yourself with your own point and then you decide to throw in the "but blacks are criminals". Nicely done.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

You liberals with your wagging of the 'racist' finger. Quite happy to claim that black people have a higher fatality rate among their group but always ignore the higher rates at which crime is commited by the group.

The reasons maybe socio-economical but of course you jump straight on your go to word, the only word you know how to get you out of a situation in which you feel uncomfortable. Waccisstt.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-black-americans-commit-crime

Facts don't care about your feelings.

Have to laugh at these gowls. You spout your shìte on here because everyone would just tell you fùck off in the real world.

Go back to stickying the pages of Ben Shapiro's latest book.

• Advertisement

You just moved the goalposts. Well done, gold medal. I just proved how you undermined yourself with your own point and then you decide to throw in the "but blacks are criminals". Nicely done.

I moved no goalposts. The only goalposts that moved were imagined in your head. What point of mine did I undermine?

I expressed my opinion that black people weren't oppressed. Care to refute it or you want to continue calling me a racist?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement