Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,274 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Only in America, a pity someone didn't splat her in the face with it

https://twitter.com/MarkBski/status/1266913049501331456

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

What has this to do with the liberal media?

Fanning the flames, the likes of the Guardian saying "violence is the only answer"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

That attack on the man above is absolutely horrific. Hopefully he lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Fanning the flames, the likes of the Guardian saying "violence is the only answer"

How are they fanning the flames?
    Do you have the guardian link?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,973 ✭✭✭893bet

This is even worse than what happened to George Floyd.

Animals. I would happily see each of those put to death. They have no place in civilised society.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

And you think the likes of Breitbart who have spent years fanning the flames of division and racism are blameless?

Also, sometimes violence is the only answer. Padraic Pearse’s call for blood sacrifice led directly to the Irish war of independence. The Stonewall riots led to a more accepting world for the gay community.

Saying “please stop killing innocent black men in the street” nicely has not worked. Asking for rights nicely often doesn’t. Sometimes it takes a revolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Black woman clocks white cop twice, gets sucker punched by black cop.
    Not sure if connected to the riots

https://twitter.com/i/status/1266587860947394560

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

You seem to be making the classic correlation versus causation theory.

Black people in the US are probably more likely to be arrested by police. They get arrested and confronted more than whites because they are more likely to commit crimes. It is not some vast conspiracy in the legal system that targets black people.

Wow you actually wrote that? You're showing your bias and you need to check yourself. Black people are NOT inherently more likely to commit crimes. WTAF is wrong with you??

It is very simple.

If I was agreeing with you, you wouldn't care what my skin colour is...because I am not agreeing with you, my skin colour becomes an issue.

No, that's not true. That's your own projection, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,380 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

KiKi III wrote: »
    And you think the likes of Breitbart who have spent years fanning the flames of division and racism are blameless?

Also, sometimes violence is the only answer. Padraic Pearse’s call for blood sacrifice led directly to the Irish war of independence. The Stonewall riots led to a more accepting world for the gay community.

Saying “please stop killing innocent black men in the street” nicely has not worked. Asking for rights nicely often doesn’t. Sometimes it takes a revolution.

Another one advocating for violence.

What laws in the US do you think are racist?

Because there were laws that absolutely discriminated against gay people at the time of the Stonewall Riots.

• Advertisement

silverharp wrote: »
    Only in America, a pity someone didn't splat her in the face with it

https://twitter.com/MarkBski/status/1266913049501331456

Freedom fighters gonna have to get sustenance where they can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

bilston wrote: »
    So nobody in the US seems to be talking about 105,000 dead Americans anymore. Trump will be delighted.

Or the new Netflix documentary released about Jeffrey Epstein is most definitely not being talked about.

Epstein and Trump very close.

Stateofyou wrote: »
    No, that's not true. That's your own projection, sorry.

Ha ha haa...my projection? You brought my skin colour into this...not me!

If I had agreed with you...would you have brought my skin colour into this!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

biko wrote: »
    Note - video very violent!

This fails to mention the man had a knife and that's why they stoned him instead of full on rushing him..
    It's believed he was there to protect a business, but not sure.

AFAIK he's critical in hospital but not dead.

Note how at the last seconds of the video an attacker checks his back pockets.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113599157&postcount=1912

• Registered Users Posts: 82,799 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

A tad hyperbolic don't you think...equating a small peaceful protest with decades of sporadic rioting.

I don’t think so. The “small peaceful protest” was of clearly well enfranchised Americans. These riots are comprised largely of socially and judicially disenfranchised Americans.

Another one advocating for violence.

What laws in the US do you think are racist?

Because there were laws that absolutely discriminated against gay people at the time of the Stonewall Riots.

If law enforcement can kill a man for no reason in the street, we’re far past the “but which exact laws discriminate”. The whole fücking system discriminated against them.

Find me a video of police kneeling on a white man’s neck until he chokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,093 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Nobody has an issue with the initial protests and for the most part the protests are still peaceful, the problem is the out of town white anarchists, fascists etc who have looted and destroyed businesses and lives of these communities.

What exactly will be the immediate impact of these riots? Increased police violence as Trump gets more annoyed and communities continue to burn.

But heh the likes of Killer Mike etc,,,what do they know? Let the white middle class anarchists who have no skin in the game dominate the narrative.

Ha ha haa...my projection? You brought my skin colour into this...not me!

If I had agreed with you...would you have brought my skin colour into this!!!

Seriously man? Skin colour is literally a part of this. On this thread we're talking about systemic racism and white privilege and how that is also interwoven into the voting system. It's based upon skin colour, not something else like eye colour or hair colour or some other identifier. FFS. :rolleyes:

Overheal wrote: »
    I don’t think so. The “small peaceful protest” was of clearly well enfranchised Americans. These riots are comprised largely of socially and judicially disenfranchised Americans.

And I believe that these rioters are nothing but thugs and criminal opportunists who do not represent any community or people.

These are not peaceful protests, they are destructive riots that have a massive cost to everyone...I cannot believe that people are attempting to justify the barbaric violence that is being witnessed.

• Advertisement

Ok you advocate violence, fine. At least you can admit it.

By the by Padraic Pearse would have the likes of todays Sinn Fein and leftist progressives lined up against a wall and shot.

Stateofyou wrote: »
    Seriously man? Skin colour is literally a part of this. On this thread we're talking about systemic racism and white privilege and how that is also interwoven into the voting system. It's based upon skin colour, not something else like eye colour or hair colour or some other identifier. FFS. :rolleyes:

I'm wasting my time here...

By the by Padraic Pearse would have the likes of todays Sinn Fein and leftist progressives lined up against a wall and shot.

I don’t advocate it but I think it’s an understandable response to oppression.

If a member of my community was murdered by law enforcement for no reason in broad daylight, yes I would riot. Because it means the system is completely broken and you’re not going to achieve anything by trying to operate within it.

You know America was born of a big old riot where people destroyed a bunch of stuff that wasn’t theirs? It’s called the Boston Tea Party, read up on it.

I don’t advocate it but I think it’s an understandable response to oppression.

If a member of my community was murdered by law enforcement for no reason in broad daylight, yes I would riot. Because it means the system is completely broken and you’re not going to achieve anything by trying to operate within it.

You know America was born of a big old riot where people destroyed a bunch of stuff that wasn’t theirs? It’s called the Boston Tea Party, read up on it.

Yes, perhaps those who's constitutional right is to bear arms will riot if there is an attempt to take that right away from them. I'm sure you would agree with them

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Nobody has an issue with the initial protests and for the most part the protests are still peaceful, the problem is the out of town white anarchists, fascists etc who have looted and destroyed businesses and lives of these communities.

What exactly will be the immediate impact of these riots? Increased police violence as Trump gets more annoyed and communities continue to burn.

But heh the likes of Killer Mike etc,,,what do they know? Let the white middle class anarchists who have no skin in the game dominate the narrative.

You’re right, the immediate results will probably be ugly.

But this is likely to be a turning point in terms of police brutality in America. Long-term change will come from this. Police across the country will go through different training. Cops might think twice before killing a black guy who has been convicted of no crime.

If law enforcement can kill a man for no reason in the street, we’re far past the “but which exact laws discriminate”. The whole fücking system discriminated against them.

Find me a video of police kneeling on a white man’s neck until he chokes.

Calm down....take a deep breath.

The following link is to a police murder of a unarmed barefooted white women in the very same city...you can't remember the riots then because there was none.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Justine_Damond

Can you explain to me why two sisters (white) have been arrested one charged with the attempted murder of 4 NYPD officers ....

What system is discriminating against them?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8372437/Two-sisters-face-attempted-murder-charges-throwing-Molotov-cocktail-NYPD-car.html

Do you believe that these two women, were completely justified in attempting to murder police officers?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,799 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Sincerely my worst fear is that the alt right, Trump etc. want this to escalate from rubber bullets, so they can eliminate Democrat votes the way they have dreamt about doing for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Still waiting for that guardian article advocating violence???

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    Sincerely my worst fear is that the alt right, Trump etc. want this to escalate from rubber bullets, so they can eliminate Democrat votes the way they have dreamt about doing for years.

You are beyond hysterical in your denial of reality.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement