Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

biko wrote: »
    Close one, that rifle could have been used for a lot of killing.

https://twitter.com/CalebJHull/status/1266883740216823814

He was either going to start using that gun himself or someone who would use it would have taken it off him and used it. Lots of people dead but hey, it’s ok because something something justice for George. He was already starting to swagger like a video game baddie in the few seconds he had it before an adult stepped in.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,902 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

You’ve cut out the top where it says it’s an opinion piece.

And from that very same piece.

“ Don’t get me wrong, I’m not glorifying violence – that’s what the president of the United States is doing. And I’m certainly not calling for violence.”

So, which is it?

The rest of the article essentially rationalises why these riots (and the violence therein) are justified. Which is why the headline reflects the authors opinion in such simple terms.

So when you say "So which is it?" what point are you attempting to make?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Bold Abdu

KiKi III wrote: »
    If law enforcement can kill a man for no reason in the street, we’re far past the “but which exact laws discriminate”. The whole fücking system discriminated against them.

Find me a video of police kneeling on a white man’s neck until he chokes.

Look up Tony Timpa and Daniel Shaver.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭quokula

splinter65 wrote: »
    He was either going to start using that gun himself or someone who would use it would have taken it off him and used it. Lots of people dead but hey, it’s ok because something something justice for George. He was already starting to swagger like a video game baddie in the few seconds he had it before an adult stepped in.

You’re imagining something that didn’t happen.

Oh my god there’s a black person with a gun, how dangerous. Thank god there was a white person with multiple guns nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Ultrflat wrote: »
    This may explain things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhudugDROn0&t=22s

This should explain things.

“And I love Dr King but violence might be necessary” is a Killer Mike lyric.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

this is all getting a bit antifa

• Registered Users Posts: 82,799 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Very far fetched. Time to go for a walk.

Of course it’s far fetched that’s why it’s a worst fear, and fears in general not always being rational, and not all rationalized fears being reasonably plausible. And if it happens to be either of both of those things then I am happy to be ridiculed for it and for that to be the most the fear manifests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

golfball37 wrote: »
    Where has Trump advocated violence?

"Liberate Missesota"
    "Liberate Michigan"

He doesn't have to directly say it but it's what he implies in his tweets that resonates and talks to his fanbase.

Hence situations like where armed men turn up afterwards at the state capitol.

walshb wrote: »
    Mob violence has taken over the states...

Destroying people’s chance to now peacefully protest..

All protests now will be tested as potential mob violence!!

They tried peaceful protesting. Kneeling during the national anthem has to be one of the most peaceful ways to protest in existence.

They were still lambasted for it and it didn’t work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,384 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Can’t wait for George’s family to get their $20m payout so.

If you can’t see the different between an officer who suspected he was being ambushed shooting someone he thought was attacking him in a split second decision (still wrong and glad he was convicted) and a handcuffed man posing zero threat being choked to death over four long minutes, you may be a psychopath and you should talk to a professional.

If you can't see what would have happened if a white cop shot dead a barefooted unarmed black women who had reported a potential crime in a quiet low crime neighbourhood then you really are mistaken!!!

The fact that you even suggest someone who doesn't agree with you is possibly a psychopath really just illustrates the kind of person you are, or your own state of mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

this is a boon for Trump.

Biden is calling for them to stop the violence.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Oh the guy with the sword who actually wasnt a store owner?

This is perfect.
    The left always destroy themselves in the end in this way.
    Normal humans :”it’s never ok for an angry mob to beat a man to death”.
    The left in general :”We agree”
    Some lefties:”no we think it is ok if we decide he deserved it. You all are not left enough so we’re going to break away from you”.
    Also, he didn’t have a sword.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,633 ✭✭✭✭walshb

"Liberate Missesota"
    "Liberate Michigan"

He doesn't have to directly say it but it's what he implies in his tweets that resonates and talks to his fanbase.

Exactly. He is absolutely encouraging and inciting. He had been this way years now. Constantly combative and divisive and aggressive..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Calm down....take a deep breath.

The following link is to a police murder of a unarmed barefooted white women in the very same city...you can't remember the riots then because there was none.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Justine_Damond

Can you explain to me why two sisters (white) have been arrested one charged with the attempted murder of 4 NYPD officers ....

What system is discriminating against them?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8372437/Two-sisters-face-attempted-murder-charges-throwing-Molotov-cocktail-NYPD-car.html

Do you believe that these two women, were completely justified in attempting to murder police officers?

Why is the concept of proportionality so difficult or impossible for some to understand. White people have of course run afoul of the law, been arrested, or experienced overreaction by police. White people are the racial majority in the US. Black people only make up 12% of the population. However black people are statistically MORE likely to be unfairly profiled and targeted, brutalised, killed, and receive longer jail sentences. No one is saying that this NEVER happens to white people. Its the overwhelming evidence of racial bias in US law enforcement.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 BeakerTurtle69

biko wrote: »
    Note - video very violent!

This fails to mention the man had a knife and that's why they stoned him instead of full on rushing him..
    It's believed he was there to protect a business, but not sure.

AFAIK he's critical in hospital but not dead.

Note how at the last seconds of the video an attacker checks his back pockets.

https://twitter.com/jetrotter/status/1266971451820855297

Lol this guy is not a business owner.

I can tell you as someone who owns several swords thaf nobody just has one on them casually.

This dumb motherf*cker thought he was Mel Gibson in Braveheart. Then he gets a slap of reality.

Why would you chase an angry mob solo? Nobody knows.

But its the same situation with this idiot

https://twitter.com/verycosmic/status/1266894951230500864?s=20

These people think theyre in a movie.

You get what you deserve, as Joker says.

They tried peaceful protesting. Kneeling during the national anthem has to be one of the most peaceful ways to protest in existence.

So it’s either a pointless kneeling protest or this Kiki? There’s no in between? At all??

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Bold Abdu

"Liberate Missesota"
    "Liberate Michigan"

...for a peaceful protest. No arrests I believe.

And I believe that these rioters are nothing but thugs and criminal opportunists who do not represent any community or people.

These are not peaceful protests, they are destructive riots that have a massive cost to everyone...I cannot believe that people are attempting to justify the barbaric violence that is being witnessed.

It’s not that simple. At the same time nothing you said is untrue. Folks who want to riot and incite violence are those things.

So it’s either a pointless kneeling protest or this Kiki? There’s no in between? At all??

You could right a a 40 volume book series on the amount of lobbying for police accountability that has happened in the past 40 years. Theyve all been ignored.

Society creates its own villains

If you can't see what would have happened if a white cop shot dead a barefooted unarmed black women who had reported a potential crime in a quiet low crime neighbourhood then you really are mistaken!!!

Ah look we can delve into your imagined scenarios of what might have happened all you want.

I’m more concerned with the murder that actually did happen.

Fücking hilarious that you call me deluded for disagreeing with you in the same post that you question my sanity because you disagree with me. And you don’t even see the contradiction because that’s how far up your own arse your head is.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Mob violence has taken over the states...

Destroying people’s chance to now peacefully protest..

All protests now will be tested as potential mob violence!!

Ehhh, no. The overwhelming population of the US who are protesting are doing so non-violently and coming together as ally's in a peaceful manner with speeches, music, and children too. It's all over my FB feed (I lived in the US many years and have family there too) and if you look hard enough, is being reported too. I mainly know because most of my friends on social media are attending them. However as someone earlier on the post said, "if it bleeds it leads" (in the media).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Pointless kneeling protest?

Terrible seeing an old man scared for his life set upon like that by vicious animals.

Nah. He got what he deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,633 ✭✭✭✭walshb

So that’s it. Kneeling didn’t work.

Straight to anarchy and mob violence?

Is this all we have as a people?

golfball37 wrote: »
    Where has Trump advocated violence?

“If the looting starts the shooting starts”

Also heaped glowing praise on the NYPD in particular as it became viral news that 2 NYPD SUVs ran over protestors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

this is all getting a bit antifa

Antifa and BLM are two of the most dangerous terrorist grouping in the US right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

More fabrications from the establishment being exposed:
    Local and state lawmakers in Minnesota said Saturday that the vast majority of people taking part in the violent protests Friday night in Minneapolis over George Floyd's death were from outside the state, but jail records obtained by the local TV station KARE 11 shows the majority of arrests in the Minneapolis area were in-state.

St. Paul Mayor Melvin Carter also said Saturday evening he had been using inaccurate data earlier that day when he said "every single protester" arrested in the area was from out of town.

"I take full responsibility for that," he told reporters.

Governor Tim Walz had said at a press conference earlier on Saturday that up to 80% of people arrested were from "outside" the state

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Bold Abdu wrote: »
    ...for a peaceful protest. No arrests I believe.

Bringing assault rifles to a gathering is not a peaceful protest. It's designed to intimidate and send a message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

Nah. He got what he deserved.

Says it all about the type of person you are so.

• Advertisement

So that’s it. Kneeling didn’t work.

Straight to anarchy and mob violence?

Is this all we have as a people?

Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahbaha

Since the 1950s there has been a massive political lobby for policing the police. Every human rights organization in the US has had that topic on their list and it got nowhere.

This is what happens. You get what you deserve

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement