Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Terrible seeing an old man scared for his life set upon like that by vicious animals.

They guy with a bow and arrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

KiKi III wrote: »
    Find me a video of police kneeling on a white man’s neck until he chokes.
    August 2016 - Tony Timpa in Dallas is very close. Kneeled on his back until he died (and mocked him as it happened - as he lost consciousness they said he was falling asleep and came up with stuff like “Back to school! Come on, wake up!”, while another, mimicking a teenage voice, said: “I don’t want to go to school! Five more minutes, Mom!”).

Cause of death was sudden cardiac arrest linked to cocaine and the stress of being restrained. Very similar to the autopsy on George Floyd.

Those police officers were disciplined and back on the job a month later. Took 3 years for the bodycam footage to get released, and a lawsuit is underway.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,799 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

walshb wrote: »
    So that’s it. Kneeling didn’t work.

Straight to anarchy and mob violence?

Is this all we have as a people?

No there’s been a series of missteps along the way that got us here. It’s been years since the kneeling, and since Charlottesville too. And a lot of other things I and most others wax over because there’s frankly too much of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

These "people" could care less about the man who was murdered by the police. This is all about unwarranted violence and looting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 BeakerTurtle69

Says it all about the type of person you are so.

Did you watch the part where this ‘scared old man’ drives in the middle of a riot and starts pointing a weapon at people!”?

You get what you deserve

https://twitter.com/verycosmic/status/1266894951230500864?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Says it all about the type of person you are so.

He did point a bow and arrow at people Tbf.

Not saying what happened was right but he is definitely not a blameless victim.

Amazing how black and white posters are on both sides of the argument.

They guy with a bow and arrow?

Yes the guy who's car was surrounding by these raging animals and attempted to defend his property and life. You condone him being brutally attacked??

The best part ? This ‘scared old man’ gives fox news an interview and says two black men pulled him out of the car. He knew what he was doing.

https://twitter.com/verycosmic/status/1266932838697275393?s=20

You get what you deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Lol this guy is not a business owner.

I can tell you as someone who owns several swords thaf nobody just has one on them casually.

This dumb motherf*cker thought he was Mel Gibson in Braveheart. Then he gets a slap of reality.

Why would you chase an angry mob solo? Nobody knows.

These people think theyre in a movie.

You get what you deserve, as Joker says.

Nobody deserves to be beaten half to death. Lol? You think its funny, jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

walshb wrote: »
    So that’s it. Kneeling didn’t work.

Straight to anarchy and mob violence?

Is this all we have as a people?

Are you actually dumb enough to think the civil rights movement which has been ongoing since the 1960s is just kneeling?

That’s one example of many.

Much as I admire your steadfast commitment to pacifism in the face of relentless oppression of your people you might change your mind.

If you want to see a smaller more everyday version of the racism that exists in America, watch the Amy Cooper video. Just the other day a white woman in Central Park pretended to be very scared of a black man who was threatening to kill her. He had actually asked her to put her dog on a leash and if he hadn’t been filming the interaction could be sitting in a jail cell or worse now.

The fact that black people actually feel they need to film these minor interactions with white people and law enforcement is in itself an indictment of race relations in that country.

• Advertisement

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    He did point a bow and arrow at people Tbf.

Not saying what happened was right but he is definitely not a blameless victim.

Amazing how black and white posters are on both sides of the argument.

He's an old man for christ sake set upon by a mob of animals. " F uc k that bitch up" how brave of them.

Stateofyou wrote: »
    Why is the concept of proportionality so difficult or impossible for some to understand. White people have of course run afoul of the law, been arrested, or experienced overreaction by police. White people are the racial majority in the US. Black people only make up 12% of the population. However black people are statistically MORE likely to be unfairly profiled and targeted, brutalised, killed, and receive longer jail sentences. No one is saying that this NEVER happens to white people. Its the overwhelming evidence of racial bias in US law enforcement.

Bottom line: whether you’re white, or your black, or you killed a cop or you massacred 9 churchgoers in charleston, everyone should be brought in alive and given a bulletproof vest and a Burger King meal to give justice its way with you.

Nobody deserves to be beaten half to death. Lol? You think its funny, jesus.

The guy woke up that morning thinking he’s gonna get a sword to attack protestors. He’s not a business owner. He has no property to defend. He knew what he was doing, atleast in his fantasy head.

When reality sets in, that attacking a mob solo was not a good idea, he knew he shouldve stayed home instead of looking for trouble.

You get what you deserve

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Bold Abdu

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Bringing assault rifles to a gathering is not a peaceful protest. It's designed to intimidate and send a message.

All legal and as I said no arrests.

The best part ? This ‘scared old man’ gives fox news an interview and says two black men pulled him out of the car. He knew what he was doing.

https://twitter.com/verycosmic/status/1266932838697275393?s=20

You get what you deserve.

Shocking. I class you in the same category as the sub humans who attacked this poor old man. Shame on you.

He's an old man for christ sake set upon by a mob of animals. " F uc k that bitch up" how brave of them.

No. He’s a lying cretin who wanted to get his fox news debut.

Too bad he was being recorded. He’s a lying scumbag who got what he deserved

• Registered Users Posts: 6,384 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

KiKi III wrote: »
    Ah look we can delve into your imagined scenarios of what might have happened all you want.

I’m more concerned with the murder that actually did happen.

Fücking hilarious that you call me deluded for disagreeing with you in the same post that you question my sanity because you disagree with me. And you don’t even see the contradiction because that’s how far up your own arse your head is.

Can you stop cursing at me please...that's the second time.

I softened my language as I wrote it (and replaced it with mistaken), I recognised that I was wrong to do the same as you.

You still haven't explained what system is discriminating against the two white women who attempted to petrol bomb an NYPD police car with 4 officers inside, do you support what they did...as you have advocated for violence on this thread already.

Shocking. I class you in the same category as the sub humans who attacked this poor old man. Shame on you.

Nah. He got what he deserved.

He’s a lying cretin.

The guy woke up that morning thinking he’s gonna get a sword to attack protestors. He’s not a business owner. He has no property to defend. He knew what he was doing, atleast in his fantasy head.

When reality sets in, that attacking a mob solo was not a good idea, he knew he shouldve stayed home instead of looking for trouble.

You get what you deserve

He didn't attack "protestors". Rioters, looters, thugs.

Bold Abdu wrote: »

Mincing words. Not a single iota of thinking went into his actions.

You get what you deserve

• Advertisement

Bold Abdu wrote: »

I’d like to see more posts here that acknowledge this clarification. It’s an important one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,026 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Stateofyou wrote: »
    Why is the concept of proportionality so difficult or impossible for some to understand. White people have of course run afoul of the law, been arrested, or experienced overreaction by police. White people are the racial majority in the US. Black people only make up 12% of the population. However black people are statistically MORE likely to be unfairly profiled and targeted, brutalised, killed, and receive longer jail sentences. No one is saying that this NEVER happens to white people. Its the overwhelming evidence of racial bias in US law enforcement.

Without wanting to be that guy, for 12% of the population do you know what percentage of serious crimes the black community commit. Of course that community will be profiled more.

Overheal wrote: »
    I’d like to see more posts here that acknowledge this clarification. It’s an important one.

It doesnt matter for that man. He thought soloing an angry mob was a good idea.

You get what you deserve

Mincing words. Not a single iota of thinking went into his actions.

You get what you deserve

I agree he didn't put much thought in to it, but that's some definition of mincing words.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Without wanting to be that guy, for 12% of the population do you know what percentage of serious crimes the black community commit. Of course that community will be profiled more.

Do you not see how the big picture of what you’re getting at is a snake eating it’s own tail?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

What has happened all the twitter links, none of them are playing for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

What has happened all the twitter links, none of them are playing for me

You need to click into them and go to the Twitter page.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭Christy42

He shouted all lives matter and then tried to kill someone.

He shot into an angry mob. This really is a case of play stupid games win stupid prizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Pointless kneeling protest?

It was pointless. It achieved nothing. Unless you can point me to what it did achieve? 1000s and 1000s of Americans could have come out and marched and marched and marched all over the place these last 2/3 days. They could have refused to go to work. They could have closed the whole place down. The eyes of the world were on them. And of course the vast majority did just that, because they’re normal human beings.
    But there’s just enough subhuman degenerates to destroy the whole thing by attacking totally innocent fellow citizens so that the whole world says, **** them, they deserve everything they get. If the protests were huge and peaceful but effective then the protests would get the media attention. But if an angry mob is trying to kick a guy to death or turn over an ambulance then sorry, that’s the news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,026 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Do you not see how the big picture of what you’re getting at is a snake eating it’s own tail?

Yes totally, but how do you break that cycle. I dont think cops should be responsible to break it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement