Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Christy42 wrote: »
    I would hazard a guess not many people shoot arrows at other people in their day to day life. Really avoids the topic from coming up I find.

So every business owner waking up this morning to find their life’s work destroyed “deserves it”. Because that’s what the poster I was addressing says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/gtoeq6/a_man_undercover_cop_disarms_a_rioter_that_took_a/

Couldn't find footage of any other kind to show, but scary stuff here. Someone pulls an assault rifle from a destroyed cop car, and a hero security guard for a news crew moves in and disarms him.

Fair play. Guys like that are real heroes in all this chaos trying to keep people safe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

https://twitter.com/DSCForSenate/status/1266980045127639040

Gotta get those Nike trainers 'for George'
    He would've wanted it.

Fair play to her. She is visibly so upset. She just managed to hold it together and do it for George.

Such brave

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭Homelander

This thread is hilarious. Apparently some people believe the entire situation is black and white and there is one universal truth and if you don't subscribe to that, you're a racist?

People point out the fact that a huge portion of the violence, burning and looting is being carried out by a minority who're using George Floyd as an excuse for their actions while tarring the legitimate protests that are taking place - are described as "counter shilling" by one poster?

A good few pages back people were accusing others of using discussions about the riots, looting and violence as attempting to 'deflect' from the death of George Floyd!

It's actually fairly pitiful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

osarusan wrote: »
    August 2016 - Tony Timpa in Dallas is very close. Kneeled on his back until he died (and mocked him as it happened - as he lost consciousness they said he was falling asleep and came up with stuff like “Back to school! Come on, wake up!”, while another, mimicking a teenage voice, said: “I don’t want to go to school! Five more minutes, Mom!”).

Cause of death was sudden cardiac arrest linked to cocaine and the stress of being restrained. Very similar to the autopsy on George Floyd.

Those police officers were disciplined and back on the job a month later. Took 3 years for the bodycam footage to get released, and a lawsuit is underway.

Im going to place the video here because Kiki and the ilk

https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1266715217398030336

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Police brutality cannot be tolerated.
    There is no black or white.

The people will rise up more if this continues.

If by rising up you mean looting, you are asking to be shot

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

There are no protesters all I see is rioters.

How come white people don't riot and attack innocent people when a white person is killed by a black person?

Because Black people in the US are being shot and killed by police at more than twice the rate of white people. So white people don't live in fear of police. Because the US has an ugly history of slavery, segregation, systemic racism etc so its not the same issue. That plays out in their lives in numerous ways and its effects are felt every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Furryglove wrote: »
    What’s this march in Phoenix park today in solidarity with George etc ?

I heard there was one in London as well.

I find it quite weird the way this story is being so heavily 'promoted' this side of the pond as if it is of some particular concern to us.

Where are the people out protesting about the treatment of Muslims in China? From what I hear it's way worse that anything that is happening to blacks in the US. I hear there are dire social problems in India with their caste system. Where are the people out protesting about that?

Just look at what is happening in London with black on black knife crime. The biggest complaint blacks have there is police unfairly conducting stop and search. Hardly any comparison to what is going on in the states and there is a valid reason for the s&s.

I'm not saying the issue should not be discussed here, all issues are open to discussion, it's just the way it done as if it's of some particular concern to us I find odd, as if it's white ppl's everywhere, fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Im going to place the video here because Kiki and the ilk

https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1266715217398030336

Due to the fact that he's white "he got what he deserved"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Stateofyou wrote: »
    Because Black people in the US are being shot and killed by police at more than twice the rate of white people. So white people don't live in fear of police. Because the US has an ugly history of slavery, segregation, systemic racism etc so its not the same issue. That plays out in their lives in numerous ways and its effects are felt every day.

There is more black people committing crime, cause and effect

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

There is more black people committing crime, cause and effect

No, that isn't true.

And let's look at the "crime" and results, shall we? Allegedly a fraudulent note was given and then he was summarily executed? There's a loooooong list of mundane things black people can't do safely without being executed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Christy42

splinter65 wrote: »
    So every business owner waking up this morning to find their life’s work destroyed “deserves it”. Because that’s what the poster I was addressing says.

Could have gotten.mixed up. Thought this was about the have a go hero with a bow and arrow that decided to go down and make things worse?

Apologies if I got mixed up in who you were talking about.

No, that isn't true.

13% of the population , 52% of homicides.

Department of justice.

Guy who died in the horrific truck incident was attempting to steal the cargo.

I guess "he got what he deserved"

https://twitter.com/MarkDice/status/1267004381100036096

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

There are no protesters all I see is rioters.

How come white people don't riot and attack innocent people when a white person is killed by a black person?

There are lots of videos of peaceful protesting by people of all colours. Police brutality is the issue here. Yesterday I put up a photo of a white man beaten to death in 2011 by police. Instead of posters saying "whatabout the white people killed by police?" as if nobody cares, you should be lauding the peaceful protesters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Blacks murder white people all the time white people never riot.

Innocent white people being attacked and killed by black mobs sure this is going to end racism.
    In a time of crisis looting and burning businesses to the ground is going to win people over to their cause.

As a white person try walking through the hood and see how long you last.

I agree with trump on this one rioters should be met by a hail of bullets regardless of colour.

Close up of the arson attempt gone wrong.

https://twitter.com/Mrtdogg/status/1266952147834470408

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

There are lots of videos of peaceful protesting by people of all colours. Police brutality is the issue here. Yesterday I put up a photo of a white man beaten to death in 2011 by police. Instead of posters saying "whatabout the white people killed by police?" as if nobody cares, you should be lauding the peaceful protesters.

The peaceful protests are being completely ignored.

If it bleeds it leads.

Its just such a depressing **** up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

No, that isn't true.

It is true, whether you believe that the reason is structural racism or not causing more black poverty and thus crime, that's the statistics.

I am in two minds about this. An oppressed population has a right to riot as far as I am concerned. The kind of people who support Hong Kong students tend to get real upset at these kind of protests.

I have no time for the middle class white Portland thugs though.

The US has a huge problem with its militarised police force, which is more reminiscent of a dictatorship ( or Northern Ireland back in the day), armoured vans, full military gear. Apparently they are often trained in Israel.

Blueshoe wrote: »

Department of justice.

You are a filthy racist how dare you muddy the narrative with PROVEN FACTS.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭boardise

You'd see worse in Limerick of a Saturday night..

While accepting that this is not meant in a literal sense-I still have to protest at what constitutes a lazy and unjustified slur on the city of Limerick.
    The days of the iniquitous feud that generated a bad reputation are long gone.
    Limerick is a rapidly developing city with good infrastructure and quality of life and there's no more danger or social disruption there than in any other Irish city/town...in fact from what I read and hear -almost certainly less.
    I've been shocked and disgusted at the number of these absurd derogatory postings about Limerick on Boards but really -it's high time people ceased these pointless belittling remarks to induce an easy snigger.
    They're not clever , they're not funny, they're not necessary and most of all they're not true.

The peaceful protests are being completely ignored.

If it bleeds it leads.

Its just such a depressing **** up.

And there were peaceful protests. People took turns in calling out police behaviour. They chanted. , held up signs and even managed to social distance.

Then the inevitable happened. Thugs and thieves began to take advantage of the situation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

boardise wrote: »
    While accepting that this is not meant in a literal sense-I still have to protest at what constitutes a lazy and unjustified slur on the city of Limerick.
    The days of the iniquitous feud that generated a bad reputation are long gone.
    Limerick is a rapidly developing city with good infrastructure and quality of life and there's no more danger or social disruption there than in any other Irish city/town...in fact from what I read and hear -almost certainly less.
    I've been shocked and disgusted at the number of these absurd derogatory postings about Limerick on Boards but really -it's high time people ceased these pointless belittling remarks to induce an easy snigger.
    They're not clever , they're not funny, they're not necessary and most of all they're not true.

Poor Limerick always gets grief.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This dumb motherf*cker thought he was Mel Gibson in Braveheart. Then he gets a slap of reality.

You get what you deserve, as Joker says.
    You sound like a proper AFA thug. You there now burning down local businesses?

Blueshoe wrote: »

Department of justice.

Now, tell us WHY you believe a minority group may be over represented in those statistics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

AllForIt wrote: »
    I heard there was one in London as well.

I find it quite weird the way this story is being so heavily 'promoted' this side of the pond as if it is of some particular concern to us.

Where are the people out protesting about the treatment of Muslims in China? From what I hear it's way worse that anything that is happening to blacks in the US. I hear there are dire social problems in India with their caste system. Where are the people out protesting about that?

Just look at what is happening in London with black on black knife crime. The biggest complaint blacks have there is police unfairly conducting stop and search. Hardly any comparison to what is going on in the states and there is a valid reason for the s&s.

I'm not saying the issue should not be discussed here, all issues are open to discussion, it's just the way it done as if it's of some particular concern to us I find odd, as if it's white ppl's everywhere, fault.

Look at Salthill promenade yesterday. There is a video going around of some guy shouting at the Gardaí shouting "police brutality" and "**** the feds" as the outnumbered Guards try to clear off some underage drinking in huge groups.

These people just want to cause trouble. The protests across the states are no longer about George Floyd. They have been infiltrated by scum anarchists.

BluePlanet wrote: »
    Now, tell us WHY you believe a minority group may be over represented in those statistics.

Tell is why you believe water is wet.:rolleyes:

This is what it is.

• Advertisement

Tell is why you believe water is wet.:rolleyes:

This is what it is.
    What does that even mean?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement