Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

BluePlanet wrote: »
    Now, tell us WHY you believe a minority group may be over represented in those statistics.

Because they are living in poor areas , violence and gang culture are all around them. The easy dollar on the streets is more important than a career. See themselves as the perpetual victim. In general obviously not all.
    It's a never ending cycle.
    There is no solution either. Nothing will change.

Also because of the high crime rate they will obviously have more interaction with police.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Christy42

biko wrote: »
    You sound like a proper AFA thug. You there now burning down local businesses?

I don't think they are burning out businesses but they definitely aren't shooting a bow and arrow into a crowd of people. I can tell you that much.

I think idiot with bow and arrow needs to be separated from others hurt by the protest. He seems to have just gone down to help the police because he thought his bow and arrow would diffuse the situation.

Serious question. Where is Trump in all of this? Has he done anything except threaten to have guns shoot into the mob (right out of a how to deal with riots manual that play). Or is he just hiding in the white house praying all the bad news goes away by November?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Due to the fact that he's white "he got what he deserved"

Clearly, being born white means you deserve to be destroyed.

Christy42 wrote: »
    I don't think they are burning out businesses but they definitely aren't shooting a bow and arrow into a crowd of people. I can tell you that much.

I think idiot with bow and arrow needs to be separated from others hurt by the protest. He seems to have just gone down to help the police because he thought his bow and arrow would diffuse the situation.

Serious question. Where is Trump in all of this? Has he done anything except threaten to have guns shoot into the mob (right out of a how to deal with riots manual that play). Or is he just hiding in the white house praying all the bad news goes away by November?

Blame Trump. Don't blame the police that murdered your man. Don't blame the people out burning, looting and attacking.
    Blame Trump. Personal responsibility out the window

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Blueshoe wrote: »
    13% of the population , 52% of homicides.

Department of justice.

You do know arrests and types of charges are often brought differently, right? The matter is complicated on the face of it. For example, redlining. Black people were forced into poor neighbourhoods/ghettos, those neighbourhoods receive more surveillance and more arrests are made. All races use and sell drugs at the same rate yet black people are charged at higher rates - gee why is that... is there higher police presence due to higher crime rates or is there some disparity going on... hmm... This "black crime" bs is so ridiculous. Of course black people kill each other. I think I read almost 90 percent of black murder victims are killed by other black people. White people also kill each other (domestic terrorism being an obvious one). I just saw a stat yesterday that 85% of white victims are killed by other whites. So the majority of crime is committed within racial groups. So black crime is really just, crime. Then you have the police brutality record and the systemic racism it's a part of which factors over everything,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

What does that even mean?

A poster pointed out 13% of the population is behind 52% of the murders this is a fact and you are asking the poster why he believes this is the case on a deeper level.:rolleyes:

The 13% is not even true it is black males so you can really say it is 6 to 7% of the population behind 52% of the murders.

This elephant in the room needs to be tackled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Can you stop cursing at me please...that's the second time.

I softened my language as I wrote it (and replaced it with mistaken), I recognised that I was wrong to do the same as you.

You still haven't explained what system is discriminating against the two white women who attempted to petrol bomb an NYPD police car with 4 officers inside, do you support what they did...as you have advocated for violence on this thread already.

That’s because I didn’t make that claim. You put it in my mouth and then told me to justify it. I don’t have to back up statements I didn’t make?

I think those women should be arrested with as little force as possible and prosecuted in accordance with the law.

I think George Floyd should have been afforded the same privilege. And Ahmaud Arbery too.

And I have already said I’m not advocating violence but that I understand it as a response to the situation. Really, really, not my fault if you can’t understand the difference.

As for moderating my language, no I fücking well won’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,213 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Blame Trump. Don't blame the police that murdered your man. Don't blame the people out burning, looting and attacking.

Asking a legitimate question is not the same as blaming trump, snowflake.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Underneath it all these 'liberals' believe Blacks have no agency and thus are not responsible for their actions, in a way like they would view children.

• Advertisement

Stateofyou wrote: »
    You do know arrests and types of charges are often brought differently, right? The matter is complicated on the face of it. For example, redlining. Black people were forced into poor neighbourhoods/ghettos, those neighbourhoods receive more surveillance and more arrests are made. All races use and sell drugs at the same rate yet black people are charged at higher rates - gee why is that... is there higher police presence due to higher crime rates or is there some disparity going on... hmm... This "black crime" bs is so ridiculous. Of course black people kill each other. I think I read almost 90 percent of black murder victims are killed by other black people. White people also kill each other (domestic terrorism being an obvious one). I just saw a stat yesterday that 85% of white victims are killed by other whites. So the majority of crime is committed within racial groups. So black crime is really just, crime. Then you have the police brutality record and the systemic racism it's a part of which factors over everything,.

All you had to add was someway to blame the victim and you would have put together the perfect deflection of reality and a bullet proof list of excuses.

biko wrote: »
    You sound like a proper AFA thug. You there now burning down local businesses?

Pretty sure he’s in his bedroom in Sligo waiting for his mother to tell him his breakfast is ready...

A poster pointed out 13% of the population is behind 52% of the murders this is a fact and you are asking the poster why he believes this is the case on a deeper level.:rolleyes:

The 13% is not even true it is black males so you can really say it is 6 to 7% of the population behind 52% of the murders.

This elephant in the room needs to be tackled.

yeah, your false narrative does indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

What does that even mean?

It means "don't know, don't care."

MadYaker wrote: »
    Asking a legitimate question is not the same as blaming trump, snowflake.

None of us know. Perhaps drop him a tweet. He might respond

Now, tell us WHY you believe a minority group may be over represented in those statistics.

Because they get convicted of more crimes because they break the law more then other ethnicities.

All you had to add was someway to blame the victim and you would have put together the perfect deflection of reality and a bullet proof list of excuses.

Oh right, so there would be absolutely NO impacts of centuries of slavery, Jim Crow, Segregation, institutional racism and police brutality. Riiiiiiiiiiight. You can only make that statement you did because you haven't been personally disadvantaged in anything close to the same experience. Shame on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Christy42

Sensitive to that one aren't we.

A load of US cities are up in flames and I asked what the leader of the US is doing. Now apparently this throws away all personal responsibility?

Cmon man. This is a big event. More than one person can have f'd something up. You have gone from saying minorities see themselves as perpetual victims to deciding that me asking what Trump is doing means I blame him for everything.

splinter65 wrote: »
    Because they get convicted of more crimes because they break the law more then other ethnicities.

No and that is a racist statement. Check your bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Alot of this is simply racially motivated revenge, a lot of it is justified by those who will run to defend their actions. The apologists who are incapable of comprehending that racism exists through all races and that all races are more than capable of being racist.

• Advertisement

No and that is a racist statement. Check your bias.

Also a true statement.

Check the facts.

Oh right, so there would be absolutely NO impacts of centuries of slavery, Jim Crow, Segregation, institutional racism and police brutality. Riiiiiiiiiiight. You can only make that statement you did because you haven't been personally disadvantaged in anything close to the same experience. Shame on you.

Is there a year pencilled in for people to move on and make themselves great again?

We had our fair share of oppression from Great Britain yet look at us now. Flying along.

What you wrote is true but what's the timeline here. Another 100 years? 200 maybe?

Is there a year pencilled in for people to move on and make themselves great again?

We had our fair share of oppression from Great Britain yet look at us now. Flying along.

What you wrote is true but what's the timeline here. Another 100 years? 200 maybe?

Stupid post you cannot put a timeline on outrage and looted Nikes.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Is the purpose of this long discussion on how black people commit crime an effort to show how George Floyd brought this on himself? Cos the people doing that early on in the thread were much more direct about it, same in the Arbery thread.

If you need to make yourself feel better about disliking a different ethnic group . there are forums for that. Im sure stormfront is still going. You wont even need to pussyfoot around things, you can just come right out with it.

left wing activist manual page 3:
    If you’re getting done over in an argument always resort to “shame shame shame on you”. It drowns out the voice of reason and you may get others to join in.

Christy42 wrote: »
    Sensitive to that one aren't we.

A load of US cities are up in flames and I asked what the leader of the US is doing. Now apparently this throws away all personal responsibility?

Cmon man. This is a big event. More than one person can have f'd something up. You have gone from saying minorities see themselves as perpetual victims to deciding that me asking what Trump is doing means I blame him for everything.

It's up to the mayors to control their streets. If they can't then state government gets involved. If that fails then federal government takes over.

That's not my opinion. That's how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Don't see how looting shops and running off with TVs is going to help their cause, and yet black celebrities and those who are peacefully protesting are reluctant to condemn it instead they just want to blame whites for everything.

What happened to George Flyod was wrong but so is destroying property and pointing guns at Fedex drivers and robbing him.

Is the purpose of this long discussion on how black people commit crime an effort to show how George Floyd brought this on himself? Cos the people doing that early on in the thread were much more direct about it, same in the Arbery thread.

If you need to make yourself feel better about disliking a different ethnic group . there are forums for that. Im sure stormfront is still going. You wont even need to pussyfoot around things, you can just come right out with it.

People are quoting government stats and you are implying that they are racist.

My opinion was George Floyd was murdered by police you will not see anybody trying to defend that.
    Those police belong behind bars for murder.

What I see are posts trying to justify black mobs attacking innocent people and looting and burning down businesses.

• Advertisement

People are quoting government stats and you are implying that they are racist.

The word racist is a smear facts have nothing to do with it.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement