Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Lundstram wrote: »
    The cops probably dragged them outside. :rolleyes:

Anything? Or are you just conveniently not seeing my replies to you?
    Yeah, the marching group of police at 10 secs are terribly afraid of their safety when confronted by that woman.

Again, at 14secs, what threat is that woman posing to all those police.

What threat is a woman talking to police with her hands out at 23secs that warrant being hit from behind, by a ****ing horse, a walked over?

Ill keep going if you want.

Any answer to to relevance of the court system to the George Floyd killing btw? Hes on the group cuffed with 3 cops on him. Whats the court system got to do with that?

Actually, **** it, I will keep going.

30 secs in, peopel are picking someone up, what are they doing to need pepper spraying?

at 38 secs, what are the people standing to the side doing to warrant the cop car doing a drive by pepper spraying?

at 45 seconds, whats the guy doing to get pushed once? Then why the need to continue after him on to the path t shove him again? Is that police tactics? To go in to a crowd alone to shove someone again.

At one minute, what is the woman walking away from the police, with her back to them, doing to warrant pepper spraying?
    Ive asked you numerous times what the court system has to do with what happened to him in the videos where he was killed and you ignore them.

BTW, how come Chauvins' previous record of infractions isnt brought up by the people "just looking for facts" that think previous records are relevant to what happened?

Any reply to my individual breaking down to the incidents in the video. I only got as far as 1 min in so far but i can keep going if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Threw some hotdogs or Pepsi on the porch to trick them into coming out. Then shot them.

Police violence etc etc

Hotdogs or Pepsi? Classy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

Here's a cop in NYC making a well known White Power sign.
    When people tell you who they are, believe them.

https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/1266994073501487104

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Agenda?

Tell me what my agenda is..

Anything Lundstram..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

BluePlanet wrote: »
    Here's a cop in NYC making a well known White Power sign.
    When people tell you who they are, believe them.

https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/1266994073501487104

Here's an Antifa waster paying people to loot

https://twitter.com/martylegends/status/1266999512637333504?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭ElmoLaw

Field east wrote: »
    This reminds me of a story going back to faction fight times. A man at a fair was killed in such a fight. The culprit was brought to court and got off . The judge ruled that the man died because he had a very thin schull . If he had a schull of typical thickness he would have survived

yes and that led to the development of the eggshell rule i think - which means you take the victim as you find them in tort! yes and nowadays about 50 pages ago at this stage lol i mentioned that BUT FOR the knee George Floyd would not have died. it was Chauvains action that resulted in the death not the fact that George Floyd had underlying health conditions. the underlying health conditions would not have killed him BUT FOR the knee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

Here's an informative thread that lays out the history of white violence against blacks in USA, spanning a couple centuries.

Rest assured, a couple posters here on boards claim that the persecution of blacks is all in their heads; alternatively it's supposedly a made-up narrative by the Left.

https://twitter.com/ericabuddington/status/1266531249914601472

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭Field east

Field east wrote: »
    From what I can make out from all the commentary is that the police force dealing with the various protesting groups are not well trained and when apparently ‘threatened ‘ at the most basic level - including by just being present ( even at the fringes on the crowd) you are liable to get the ‘attention’ of the police. And the interaction entered into includes mainly being pushed to the ground, kicked /kneed while down, gas / spray directed into your face, wallop of a baton, pushed run over by a vehicle, trampled on by a horse, fired on - if you are lucky - using rubber bullets or something similar, fired on with live ammunition, etc etc. why is this. Is it because they have no idea as to how to handle a march, how to negotiate, how to behave so as not to encourage / excite the marchers to turn voilent. Etc, etc.
    the only thing the police can think of is the immediate use of force , as listed above as their first response.
    There is also no national strategy to manage / negotiate with marchers. There are plenty of national/ local leaders on all sides to appeal/ address the protesters so that actions are peaceful.

Are we saying that this is the first experience The US has had re protestors, protests, crowd control and suchlike and the management of same. IMO it most definitely IS NOT. In other words the national leaders have learned nothing. It just believes in force at LOCAL ( latest example of knee on neck/ horse through a crowd) and NATIONAL level.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So many people have said it but it's like something from a movie...

https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/1266952661791674370

Those pricks long for the day when they get to dress up and play real life Call of Duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

ElmoLaw wrote: »
    and as Irish people who were oppressed for generations we should understand on a deep level how it feels to be treated unjustly in your own country. the younger generation will not sweep any of these issues under the rug. they will scream it from the rooftops.

This is ignorant. The younger generations are more than happy to ignore and sweep IRISH history under the rug. Take a look at the a fisher price activists on twitter who are just off the tit, who are factually incorrect when it comes to the objective fact of Irish history of oppressive and in the slave trade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

osarusan wrote: »
    I disagree, I think his character will have little to do with it. Everything will focus on their restraint of him and whether the methods they used were justfied or not. If their restraint of him was excessive, it was excessive no matter who he was or what he was suspected of, wanter for, or guilty of.

I expect the main mitigating factor will be the autopsy, and consequently their argument that they were following approved restraint techniques (The police manual allows "compressing one or both sides of a person’s neck with an arm or leg without applying direct pressure to the trachea or airway.") and Floyd died not from asphyxiation but as a result of a condition/combination of conditions that they did not and could not have known about.

The conditions under which they're allowed to use the knee to the neck is the big question, it was posted in the thread comments from a cop that once a suspect is hand cuffed the use of the knee is unnecessary, the use of the knee is necessary when getting a suspect to submit to being hand cuffed. From the video footage, George was in cuffs within maybe a 1 min of his interaction with officer's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Nermal

Could we organise an exchange programme?

Send a couple of Gardai over there, in return get a couple of of knee-on-the-neck types over and set them loose on the K district?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Police seem to be attacking and arresting loads of the press as well.
    Well done on calming the situation.

BluePlanet wrote: »
    Here's an informative thread that lays out the history of white violence against blacks in USA, spanning a couple centuries.

It does stop 100 years ago though..

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭ElmoLaw

This is ignorant. The younger generations are more than happy to ignore and sweep IRISH history under the rug. Take a look at the a fisher price activists on twitter who are just off the tit, who are factually incorrect when it comes to the objective fact of Irish history of oppressive and in the slave trade.

no need to name call or attack. simply referring to the fact that it is alot of kids in their early 20s that are protesting/rioting in the US. and it is a generation that is very centered around activism.

can you also send me a link to the fisher price activists - im interested. Thanks

J. Marston wrote: »
    So many people have said it but it's like something from a movie...

https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/1266952661791674370

Those pricks long for the day when they get to dress up and play real life Call of Duty.

It's curfew for Christ sake. The police don't know what the intentions of these people are as they walk by. They were told numerous times to get inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,633 ✭✭✭✭walshb

J. Marston wrote: »
    Who gives a shít if they're trashing Nike, Apple, Dior and Louis Vuitton shops. They'll be back with the click of a finger. I wouldn't care if they're burned to the ground.

It's the small locally owned businesses that shouldn't be touched.

Pretty despicable thing to say..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Nermal wrote: »
    Could we organise an exchange programme?

Send a couple of Gardai over there, in return get a couple of of knee-on-the-neck types over and set them loose on the K district?

Or you could go somewhere else that more suits your scumbag attitude.

I quite like the Garda thanks. Well trained and polite.

I've heard this "If you don't agree with us you should just "Be quiet"" a few times over this too..

This is not a good development..

If the people that are bringing up Floyd's past reckon it's relevant, how come they haven't brought up chauvins?

Surely that's part of "the truth" too?

Otherwise you just look like youre trying to blame the guy that go killed.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

It's curfew for Christ sake. The police don't know what the intentions of these people are as they walk by. They were told numerous times to get inside.

So a bunch of innocent citizens, who have not engaged or provoked the police in anyway should be shot at?

They're standing on their own property, they are watching armed soldiers and cops walk down the street.

You support a society in which the cops can shoot on its citizens who pose no clear and present danger?

Yeah, those people at their front doors looking at the army marching through their estate are real dangerous.

Stop being deliberately stupid. Or is it deliberate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

walshb wrote: »
    Pretty despicable thing to say..

You described the killing of George Floyd as “reckless” but the looting of a shop (which is a building and some stuff that’s insured) as “despicable”.

What do you think that tells us about you?

This is a reply to both of you. It's a state government imposed curfew.

People are supposed to be indoors. The people were told numerous times.

KiKi III wrote: »
    You described the killing of George Floyd as “reckless” but the looting of a shop (which is a building and some stuff that’s insured) as “despicable”.

What do you think that tells us about you?

Why do people keep responding to him? That's what he wants. He thrives off riling people up. Ignore the twat.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    So a bunch of innocent citizens, who have not engaged or provoked the police in anyway should be shot at?

Well Lundstrom has told us that the people getting hit in the police video are actually the aggressors . Though he did ignore my attempts to question that.....

I'm sure he'll be back in a while to throw in something else not connected to anything he's been asked though.

Seems to be a fairly common tactic in these threads. Ignore anyone questioning your bull**** for a while till theres a layer of other posts on top then pop back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Speeding is illegal, so is overtaking on an unbroken white line. Where do you draw the line?

So you believe that if Ireland were to impose a curfew, the Gardai would be well permitted to shoot citizens standing on their own property.

I'm not saying that's fascism, but it's really damn close to fascism.

People are supposed to be obeying lockdown rules here. Should the gardai roam around and just shoot them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Is it appropriate to shoot at citizens who don’t go inside when they’re told to?

Is that how a civil society - the leaders of the freer world - should treat their own people?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement