Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

walshb wrote: »
    All these details will be investigated in the trial.

The four of them would then be guilty, no?

The charge is 3rd degree murder. Not my charge. The authorities charge..

Investigations happen before trials to gather the facts.

Imo it's a bullsh!t charge of 3rd degree/manslaughter, they're getting off lightly already. Yes all 4 four them are guilty, I don't know why the others aren't on charges already, we'll see how they play out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Nermal

Why were they not shot at?

I must have missed the looting associated with their protest.

When civil order breaks down and protests descend into violence, the police should use disproportionate force to restore it.

Criminality should be met with a greater threat from the state. Not an equal one.

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Yeah it happened. I have no problem with it

They weren't breaking the curfew... But fine to shoot at them. Fine to also blind journalists... You have some warped ideals...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,633 ✭✭✭✭walshb

If the people that are bringing up Floyd's past reckon it's relevant, how come they haven't brought up chauvins?

Surely that's part of "the truth" too?

Otherwise you just look like youre trying to blame the guy that go killed.......

100 percent agree here. Chauvin’s past will, or should be brought up. He seems to have form...

BluePlanet wrote: »
    You don't know what fascism is.

Yes, I do, but I'm more reminded of the SA by the mob beatings..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

Mob violence is anarchy, the opposite of fascism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ZorbaTheGreek

Sonics2k wrote: »
    The curfew is for all public accessible property.

-6. For the purpose of this emergency regulation, "public place" means any, wether privately or publicaly owned property, accessible to the general public, including but not limited to public streets and roads, alleys, highways, driveways, sidewalks, parks, vacant lots and unsupervised property.

So you're totally okay with the police attacking law abiding citizens?

You do know you're literally supporting facism? This isn't hyperbole.

Blueshoe is a proud and loud supporter of the National party. Led by Ireland's very own neo-nazi Justin Barrett.

That might explain his outlook.

Police running over crowds, police arresting journalists. Police blinding journalists... Police attacking non violent protesters... In the majority of the western world, that wouldn't be normal police behaviour. In fact, a lot of it likely violates international law.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,549 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Nermal wrote: »
    I must have missed the looting associated with their protest.

When civil order breaks down and protests descend into violence, the police should use disproportionate force to restore it.

Criminality should be met with a greater threat from the state. Not an equal one.

Getting inches from an officers face, screaming at him, spittle flying everywhere during a pandemic? That shìt could have infected and even killed an officer. But yeah, looting.

I'm sure it had nothing to do with the protestors being white and armed.

Police running over crowds, police arresting journalists. Police blinding journalists... Police attacking non violent protesters... In the majority of the western world, that wouldn't be normal police behaviour. In fact, a lot of it likely violates international law.

When it happens in Hong Kong or Iran the Yanks are furious about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Blueshoe is a proud and loud supporter of the National party. Led by Ireland's very own neo-nazi Justin Barrett.

Must be frustrating to live in Ireland and have all that impotent anger stored up with nowhere to vent because that nonsense doesn't fly over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Ahhhh well that explains everything then. I was baffled by the thought of anyone being okay with police firing on innocent people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

I actually usually vote fg. Up until Enda Kenny anyway. Nowadays I just vote for the most attractive female.

Justin Barret is a midget. Mentally and physically.

Who do you support?
    Antifa bro

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

J. Marston wrote: »
    So many people have said it but it's like something from a movie...

https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/1266952661791674370

Those pricks long for the day when they get to dress up and play real life Call of Duty.

Light them up. Jesus christ.

There will be no "peaceful" protests allowed, for now, and rightly so....not until the state are happy that the mob element and mob violence is gone/contained.

The people had their chance to protest peacefully, but certain sections of the people destroyed it for all...

Now, with the state on such high alert, which one can only expect, any and every protest will be seen as a potential cause of menace...

This is what anarchy and mob violence does, sets communities and people back...

Amnesty International have called for a reduction in military policing and use of excessive force. https://www.amnesty.org.uk/press-releases/usa-police-must-end-excessive-militarised-response-george-floyd-protests

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Lundstram wrote: »
    Yes, the police should send all these violent people a strongly worded letter to desist.

Anything? Or are you just conveniently not seeing my replies to you?
    Yeah, the marching group of police at 10 secs are terribly afraid of their safety when confronted by that woman.

Again, at 14secs, what threat is that woman posing to all those police.

What threat is a woman talking to police with her hands out at 23secs that warrant being hit from behind, by a ****ing horse, a walked over?

Ill keep going if you want.

Any answer to to relevance of the court system to the George Floyd killing btw? Hes on the group cuffed with 3 cops on him. Whats the court system got to do with that?

Actually, **** it, I will keep going.

30 secs in, peopel are picking someone up, what are they doing to need pepper spraying?

at 38 secs, what are the people standing to the side doing to warrant the cop car doing a drive by pepper spraying?

at 45 seconds, whats the guy doing to get pushed once? Then why the need to continue after him on to the path t shove him again? Is that police tactics? To go in to a crowd alone to shove someone again.

At one minute, what is the woman walking away from the police, with her back to them, doing to warrant pepper spraying?

?
    Ive asked you numerous times what the court system has to do with what happened to him in the videos where he was killed and you ignore them.

BTW, how come Chauvins' previous record of infractions isnt brought up by the people "just looking for facts" that think previous records are relevant to what happened?

Any reply to my individual breaking down to the incidents in the video. I only got as far as 1 min in so far but i can keep going if you want.

There will be no "peaceful" protests allowed, for now, and rightly so....not until the state are happy that the mob element and mob violence is gone/contained.

The people had their chance to protest peacefully, but certain sections of the people destroyed it for all...

Now, with the state on such high alert, which one can only expect, any and every protest will be seen as a potential cause of menace...

I think you will find that the way black people are treated is what sets community relations back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

How come you never looked for "the facts" by also bringing chauvins past in to discussions about Floyd's?

BluePlanet wrote: »
    what's the proof they are Antifa?

I don't think any proof would satisfy you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Light them up. Jesus christ.

It just shows the mentality of these wannabe desert storm morons, they've a hard on walking around armed to the teeth thinking they're on the ground in Iraq spreading freedom

Not sure why you are putting peaceful in inverted commas here when there have been loads of peaceful protests.

Maybe that doesn't fit the agenda.

How come you never looked for "the facts" by also bringing chauvins past in to discussions about Floyd's?

Not with you here....Did you quote the wrong post of mine?

Chauvin's past? What about it?

Amnesty International have called for a reduction in military policing and use of excessive force. https://www.amnesty.org.uk/press-releases/usa-police-must-end-excessive-militarised-response-george-floyd-protests

I'm pretty sure that the posters on this thread will relate them to George Soros's etc and claim that it's meaningless.

She did it for George, a wonderful tribute.

https://twitter.com/Millie__Weaver/status/1266901254682357760

Just Base..

Not sure why you are putting peaceful in inverted commas here when there have been loads of peaceful protests.

Maybe that doesn't fit the agenda.

Because the word peaceful can be subjective to different people....

What is peaceful to some, may be seen as aggressive/non peaceful to others.....

I didn't think I'd need to explain this...

• Advertisement

I don't think any proof would satisfy you.
      you must have something?
      Is it just because a politically loaded twitter handle says so?

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement