Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

walshb wrote: »
    I knew well about Chauvin's past...

Not sure what you are after here....

His past, like George's will likely be talked about in the trial....

You keep saying you knew about it, thats not answering the question.

But why didnt you bring it up in the discussions about Floyds past being relevant.

Because it just looks like you didnt bring it up because it was a litany of bad behaviour. If he record was filled with commendations and plenty of heroic actions, you can be damned sure youd have deemed it relevant.

I don't believe there is even a debate here. The US has been on this path for some time now. Now there is a clearly horrendous case bringing things to the boil. Instead of leadership and deescalation there are morons at the helm tipping it over the edge.

There is really no debate here and anyone who apologies this sht1 or even tries to clearly is off their heads.

Antifa me bollix... Just trying to polarise and excusing outright scum state violence.

It's clear the police have deviated massively from the script in lots of areas. They need to be told to reign it in massively or people will take up weapons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Cody montana

• Registered Users Posts: 55,633 ✭✭✭✭walshb

You keep saying you knew about it, thats not answering the question.

But why didnt you bring it up in the discussions about Floyds past being relevant.

Because it just looks like you didnt bring it up because it was a litany of bad behaviour. If he record was filled with commendations and plenty of heroic actions, you can be damned sure youd have deemed it relevant.

It’s really coming across like you have a personal vendetta here...

Why this and why that. I am not on trial..

I know of Chauvin’s past, and of George’s.

I hope Chauvin faces sanctions/punishment here...

What else do you want from me?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,054 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

J. Marston wrote: »

This is the girl posted above, I'm sure...

g6zxdqg8x0251.jpg

Still has a cute smile on her face. Doubt she was a thug for life, more of a Molly Mormon speaking love.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

This will play out in the trial...

But you can bet the defense will bring in everything and anything to get their man off. That’s their job..

It was also the cops job to protect George Floyd!!! What a sh!t job they did there, hopefully they find as bad attorneys as they were cops.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,633 ✭✭✭✭walshb

It was also the cops job to protect George Floyd!!! What a sh!t job they did there, hopefully they find as bad attorneys as they were cops.

I agree...

It’s really coming across like you have a personal vendetta here...

Why this and why that. I am not on trial..

I know of Chauvin’s past, and of George’s.

I hope Chauvin faces sanctions/punishment here...

What else do you want from me?

It really comes across like you just avoid questions. I literally said in the post you quoted what I wanted.

Youve done the same thing across the thread, same something , then when a reply is put to you, keep answering the post without actually answering, just slightly modifying it.

You said you knew of Chauvins past a few times and ive directly replied to that, you dont need to keep saying it.

The questions is why you didnt deem it relevant to the discussion about Floyds past being brought up.

You keep going on like youre waiting for facts or "itll come out in the trial" but yet youve peppered the thread with speculation and only the information you want to strengthen the case for the police.

You dont want the truth or to wait, you want to come in, and throw doubt on the person killed in youre subtle little "hey guys im just here to find the facts" way and avoid directly answering stuff, hence the fact Ive asked you 4 or so times now the same thing and youve replied each time with plenty of words without saying anything.

A trial is **** all use to a dead man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

peddlelies wrote: »

Unlike the police video. no one is going to condone people getting attacked likethat.

I absolutely wouldnt take Andy Ngo's word that thats what happened though. We've no way of knowing who did what there other than what we see, if its as said, thats wrong. Again, his video starts just as the person he reckons is the "guy just defending someone with a flag" gets chased and attacked.

Its so lucky for Andy that he keeps just getting there with the camera at the second the person gets attacked.

Hes (Andy Ngo) a notorious liar that writes for Breitbart but now labeling himself as an "independent journalist". Hes no more a journalist that anyone else on twitter. He just built a following and is now one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

The conditions under which they're allowed to use the knee to the neck is the big question, it was posted in the thread comments from a cop that once a suspect is hand cuffed the use of the knee is unnecessary, the use of the knee is necessary when getting a suspect to submit to being hand cuffed. From the video footage, George was in cuffs within maybe a 1 min of his interaction with officer's.
    Agreed, and I don't think it will be easy at all to argue that the level of force used was appropriate to the level of threat.

But I don't see any value at all in the 'maybe we f**ked up but he was a scumbag anyway' argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

I absolutely wouldnt take Andy Ngo's word that thats what happened though.

Don't particularly care what he did, the guy was kicked full force in the head while he was unconscious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

Don't particularly care what he did, the guy was kicked full force in the head while he was unconscious.

Weird that some people are defending that.

Nope, no one is. Im the only one that replied to it and addressed it in full.

I questioned Andy Ngo, not the person that was attacked, its very clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

smurgen wrote: »
    They need to be told to reign it in massively or people will take up weapons.

Congratulations on understanding on why the 2nd Amendment exists and why people fight to keep it. An Armed populace is the remedy for a tyrannical Govt.

• Advertisement

You definitely tried to minimise it.

I doubt anyone is defending that tbh. They are saying that Ngo has potentially reduced contextual details which he has a history of doing. I'm happy to see anyone who kicks a person in the head being charged.

You definitely tried to minimise it.

Ah, so we're already down from "defend" to "minimise" and its only been 10 seconds.

I questioned Andy Ngo's credibility.

Antifa organise the "field medics" btw. You know, the ones that pick him up and give medical assistance.These are ordinary people that go to these things and help people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ZorbaTheGreek

Ngo has a documented history of posting edited videos that don't show full the story. He's commonly known as a grifter. So of course people knowing that take a step back when he posts and wait for a fuller perspective.

Ah, so we're already down from "defend" to "minimise" and its only been 10 seconds.

I questioned Andy Ngo's credibility.

You said if it's as said it's wrong. Tell me, when is it right?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,287 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I wonder has the husband changed his mind on gun ownership or living in a Democratic state? something sad about not being able to protect your own wife or family

https://twitter.com/AndySwan/status/1267081816873328640

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

The kick was definitely brutal, but the rest of the video show demonstrators helping and explaining their position.
    I'm not condoning the kick but that action is not representative of most of the protestors there.

You said if it's as said it's wrong. Tell me, when is it right?

When someone does similar to start a fight.

When someone does similar to start a fight.

Right, interesting to know that some prone civilians are deserving of a kick to the head. Most decent people consider that disgraceful.

• Advertisement

silverharp wrote: »
    I wonder has the husband changed his mind on gun ownership or living in a Democratic state? something sad about not being able to protect your own wife or family

https://twitter.com/AndySwan/status/1267081816873328640

Jesus Christ..it would depress you to see this..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement