Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,633 ✭✭✭✭walshb

You said you knew of Chauvins past a few times and ive directly replied to that, you dont need to keep saying it.

The questions is why you didnt deem it relevant to the discussion about Floyds past being brought up.

Ok, I have dozens posts in the thread.

Where did I say or post that Chauvin’s past was not relevant?

If I said this, then I take it back. If I said it.

Both of them have pasts. And I believe both will be brought up in the trial.

I even agreed with one of your posts that mentioned this...did you see that?

walshb wrote: »

Both of them have pasta. And I believe both will be brought up in the trial.

I would say the police officer's history is far more relevant since Floyd literally did nothing to justify 9 minutes of a knee on his neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Right, interesting to know that some prone civilians are deserving of a kick to the head. Most decent people consider that disgraceful.

Im not going to defend how others decide to defend themselves. At no point would I kick someone in the head .

No one is saying there arent scumbags taking part here btw. Its naiive to think if there are demonstrations taking place anywhere that its not going to draw a certain element, whether they were already involved with the people demonstrating previously or not.

There are plenty of people in society that just wait for things like this as an excuse to go wreck some ****. Plenty that do it anyway, hanging around in gangs, attacking vulnerable people. People that wouldnt do these things without the back up of their gang or the anonymity of a crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

Im not going to defend how others decide to defend themselves. At no point would I kick someone in the head .

No one is saying there arent scumbags taking part here btw. Its naiive to think if there are demonstrations taking place anywhere that its not going to draw a certain element, whether they were already involved with the people demonstrating previously or not.

There are plenty of people in society that just wait for things like this as an excuse to go wreck some ****. Plenty that do it anyway, hanging around in gangs, attacking vulnerable people. People that wouldnt do these things without the back up of their gang or the anonymity of a crowd.

I completely agree. I just disagree that there's a context where this is warranted, as you suggested.

If I said this, then I take it back. If I said it.

Both of them have pasts. And I believe both will be brought up in the trial.

Again? really?

The ****ing question is simple.

Why did you not bring up chauvins past in the discussion about Floyds past being relevant? Why was chauvins past bad behaviour deemed "irrelevant" enough to not bother with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,822 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Lundstram wrote: »
    Character testimony and previous run-ins with the law are a huge part of court cases in the US. Have a look at some videos of OJ's case.

He was a wanted felon therefore they could argue brute force was warranted to restrain him.

I'm not defending the cop's actions but this guy was no saint.

What in the holy ass are you talking about

Overheal wrote: »
    What in the holy ass are you talking about

Thats at least the 2nd time hes said that. Hes refused to answer any of my questions since I asked him about it the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

edited as I didn't realize that it had been posted more than once.

Again? really?

The ****ing question is simple.

Why did you not bring up chauvins past in the discussion about Floyds past being relevant? Why was chauvins past bad behaviour deemed "irrelevant" enough to not bother with it.

Tone it down...

It is relevant...me bringing it up (the past few days) or not is neither here nor there...

It is relevant...

For the umpteenth time. His past is relevant....Said this several times today. The first time I said it was in response to you mentioning it..

Now, move on and quit your personal attacks..

Lundstram wrote: »
    It's called self defence. Google it. Number one priority of any cop is to protect themselves. You can clearly see and hear threats in these videos.

People like you just don't want to see that though. Big, bad mean cops.

“Self defense” is exactly what I think when armed cops in SUVs plow through a crowd of protestors and riotiers armed with pebbles and water bottles.

Clearly you know what the fcuk you are talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Floyd appears not to have died from asphyxia or strangulation as Chauvin pinned him to the ground, knee to the neck. Rather, as alleged in the complaint, Floyd suffered from coronary-artery disease and hypertensive-heart disease.

This is an update the doesnt seem to be getting any attention however doesnt excuse the cop kneeling on his neck.

“The innocent until proven guilty man wasn’t healthy enough to be strangled to death”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I see a common theme in these videos. Every one of the horrific scumbags commiting these acts is in Antifa :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ZorbaTheGreek

White nationalist twitter account: check
    Dehumanizing humans: check

They are humans doing horrible things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

I am far from a theologician, but I am led to believe that his actions were directed solely at the people perceived as taking advantage of others (In the house of his father, no less). No indication that third parties suffered as a result of his actions.

This is a prime example of how their ilk misappropriate religion etc to fit their narrative.

I would say the police officer's history is far more relevant since Floyd literally did nothing to justify 9 minutes of a knee on his neck.

Agreed. It should be very relevant to the prosecution case. The man has form.

Tone it down...

Show me where exactly this happened. You are making the claim. Show it..

Show you where you didnt say something? Thats the ****ing point.

The discussion went on and on about court and how it was relevant to the trial and to what happened to bring up Floyds past. Yet during all that, you never thought it was relevant to bring up Chauvins past behaviour.

So AGAIN, why was Floyds past behaviour relevant, but you never thought it was relevant to bring up Chauvins past behaviour. Because we have a person in cuffs, in the presence of 4 cops, one with a knee on his neck, 2 others holding the rest of him and a 4th standing nearby, the guy thats on the grounds past is relevant, we also need to apparently know if he resisted arrest even though theres nothing he could do from where he was .

But , in all the discussion and question where you want "the truth" or "the facts" and we should all wait for the trial, at no point did you think Chauvins past behaviour was relevant to the discussion. Funny that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Antifa are scum and should be labelled as a terroist group.

Show you where you didnt say something? Thats the ****ing point.

The discussion went on and on about court and how it was relevant to the trial and to what happened to bring up Floyds past. Yet during all that, you never thought it was relevant to bring up Chauvins past behaviour.

So AGAIN, why was Floyds past behaviour relevant, but you never thought it was relevant to bring up Chauvins past behaviour. Because we have a person in cuffs, in the presence of 4 cops, one with a knee on his neck, 2 others holding the rest of him and a 4th standing nearby, the guy thats on the grounds past is relevant, we also need to apparently know if he resisted arrest even though theres nothing he could do from where he was .

But , in all the discussion and question where you want "the truth" or "the facts" and we should all wait for the trial, at no point did you think Chauvins past behaviour was relevant to the discussion. Funny that

Chauvin’s past is relevant....

Take a second, and just read that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Will they have to make the police force a terrorist organisation too :) both sides have been appalling from the videos posted here.

• Advertisement

Take a second, and jus read that!

Now you take a second to read my question for the umpteenth time

Why was it not relevant when the discussion was taking place? it seems like exactly the type of thing that would be in a discussion about peoples past.

2 and a half thousand post on the thread and no list of Chauvins past record. Lots and lots of what Floyd has done though....

Plenty of posts about "if he was resisting arrest" etc. All about his past.

But no suggestion of anything Chauvin has done in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,287 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Billhook

I'll clap to that, they're scumbags Antifa

Are Antifa left or right ?

Take a second, and just read that!

Name me any couple of things about George Floyd that clearly justified being kneed to death?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Billhook wrote: »
    I'll clap to that, they're scumbags Antifa

Are Antifa left or right ?

Hard left Nazis.

Now you take a second to read my question for the umpteenth time

Why was it not relevant when the discussion was taking place? it seems like exactly the type of thing that would be in a discussion about peoples past.

2 and a half thousand post on the thread and no list of Chauvins past record. Lots and lots of what Floyd has done though....

Plenty of posts about "if he was resisting arrest" etc. All about his past.

But no suggestion of anything Chauvin has done in the past.

Does it grate you that I took until today to say it?

Why would that bother you?

Surely main thing is, that we both agree his past is relevant?

I can only answer that if I never said before today that Chauvin’s past was relevant, that I simply didn’t say it, or forgot to, or didn’t need to. It matters not a damn, really. Very odd you pressing on it, though.

His past is relevant. You think it, and so do I. Stop searching for disagreement that is not there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Hard left Nazis.

Must be pretty old if they are Nazis.

Overheal wrote: »
    Name me any couple of things about George Floyd that clearly justified being kneed to death?

What? Why are you quoting my post with this reply..it’s illogical..

Nothing justified in my view what happened to George..

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kevcos

A great way to avoid being on the ground and having a knee on your neck is not to be a criminal.
    That approach has worked for me and my friends, basically for everyone I know come to think of it.

• Advertisement

Does it grate you that I took until today to say it?

Why would that bother you?

Surely main thing is, that we both agree his past is relevant?

I can only answer that if I never said before today that Chauvin’s past was relevant, that I simply didn’t say it, or forgot to, or didn’t need to. It matters not a damn, really. Very odd you pressing on it, though.

His past is relevant. You think it, and so do I. Stop searching for disagreement that is not there.

I’d still like to know what about his past was crucial context in those 10 minutes though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement