Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,822 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

kevcos wrote: »
    A great way to avoid being on the ground and having a knee on your neck is not to be a criminal.
    That approach has worked for me and my friends, basically for everyone I know come to think of it.

Spoken like a non-minority who never heard of a sunset law before.

Edit: sundown law.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

A great way to avoid being on the ground and having a knee on your neck is not to be a criminal.
    That approach has worked for me and my friends, basically for everyone I know come to think of it.

Your blue peter badge is in the post :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

walshb wrote: »

I can only answer that if I never said before today that Chauvin’s past was relevant, that I simply didn’t say it, or forgot to, or didn’t need to. It matters not a damn, really. Very odd you pressing on it, though.

So, in the middle of a discussion about an interaction between 2 people, where 1 died at the others hands and the character of the person that dies is being attacked in a clear effort to apportion some blame for what happened to them, with repeated discussion of his past, at no point did you think the information you had, about the other persons bad past behaviour, which is directly relevant to heavy handed tactics by him (police) against suspects, was something that needed to be in the discussion? Oh , sorry ,you also might have just forgotten.

Pull the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Billhook

Hard left Nazis.

I was thinking that, because I've seen graffiti around a town recently and it was Antifa written in red and a swastika on the side encircled and a line through it.

Looks like we're here we're Antifa and we're the real trouble maker's (to me)
    They dress like terrorist's too Antifa

I'm sure now when the world realises Anti-fascism is a terrorist organisation a lot of people's house's will be raided and Antifa paraphernalia will be found.

Internment is a good idea.

Are a lot of the left supporting Antifa I wonder.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Two separate protests in Dublin regarding an incident not related to this country.

What an embarrassment.

• Advertisement

Be interesting to see,can they escalate,spread and see this rioting last as long as the hong kong protesters

Hopefully there will be reforms out of this maddness and not a return to norm after this

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kevcos

Overheal wrote: »
    Spoken like a non-minority who never heard of a sunset law before.

Edit: sundown law.

Is the non minority you refer to me, my friends, or all I know?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Two separate protests in Dublin regarding an incident not related to this country.

What an embarrassment.
    The usual gob****es

You’ve cut out the top where it says it’s an opinion piece.

And from that very same piece.

“ Don’t get me wrong, I’m not glorifying violence – that’s what the president of the United States is doing. And I’m certainly not calling for violence.”

So, which is it?

Cowardly caveats. Hate when journalists stop short of saying what they mean and hedge their bets with carefully protective language.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

• Advertisement

Billhook wrote: »
    I was thinking that, because I've seen graffiti around a town recently and it was Antifa written in red and a swastika on the side encircled and a line through it.

I'm sure now when the world realises Anti-fascism is a terrorist organisation a lot of people's house's will be raided and Antifa paraphernalia will be found.

Why would the universal symbol for being against something (the thing being in a circle with a line through it) show you that they are ,in fact
    , actually that thing?

How quickly will this relatively new poster transition from not knowing "just asking questions" person to full blown right wing views to fit in with others?

"Im definitely not anti vaxx, Im just here to ask questions about vaccines and make sure theyre safe"..................

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

No. They are a tiny minority. So maybe no house raids quite yet.

What an embarrassment.

Idiot's, disturbing the peace here while it's going on in a different country.

No doubt if they get their head's cracked open they'll be claiming police brutality.
    I suppose they're all kind of Dolly mixture's of the scourge of Irish society.

How quickly will this relatively new poster transition from not knowing "just asking questions" person to full blown right wing views to fit in with others?

"Im definitely not anti vaxx, Im just here to ask questions about vaccines and make sure theyre safe"..................

What are you blowing off about ?

You're a bit unhinged and a bit of a bully I'd say.

If you're not happy with my post, fook off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

No doubt if they get their head's cracked open they'll be claiming police brutality.

You're saying people protesting deserve to have their heads cracked open?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kevcos

Your blue peter badge is in the post :rolleyes:
    An award for not breaking the law and a bleeding heart crying for your misfortunate predicament if you do.

What a utopia xox

smurgen wrote: »

They transitioned quicker than I expected. Fair play.

Apparently people are not allowed to protest now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,062 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

And when it comes to protesting against something you care about, they're to not crack your head open presumably?

Would ya ever get ta ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

biko wrote: »
    There could be a small civil war coming and it seems many on both sides wants it.

Plus its all set against the backdrop of 40 million Americans being unemployed and broke, this could get really bad yet.

Another factor not spoken about is the ability of instant messaging & Whatsapp groups to allow hundreds or thousands of individuals all to act as one. It was widely used in the Hong Kong protests so all the protestors were on the same page on where to go, what to do, etc. Protests used to be very disorganised but Whatsapp has changed all that and now they're dynamic in real time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

That is mental. The cops/ security forces are out of control.
    They are supposed to restore order, they're just going to make everything far worse.
    The paratroopers thought they would sort things out in Derry with heavy tactics. It ended up a recruiting drive for the IRA for years.
    This unrest could get a lot worse with those tactics, and it is only early summer.

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Protests used to be very disorganised but Whatsapp has changed all that and now they're dynamic in real time.

It was actually Blackberry messenger that changed it. During the 2011 riots in London.

It was actually Blackberry messenger that changed it. During the 2011 riots in London.

Wasn't Twitter a big part of the Arab spring protests as well?

joe40 wrote: »
    That is mental. The cops/ security forces are out of control.

People standing at their own front doors are breaking curfew apparently and deserve to be shot at with the paint.

No you're suggesting it though.

Make up your own mind.

If they're disrupting the flow of life and damaging property and disturbing traffic etc
    and if they're having a violent protest, they'll get whatever they are liable to receive.

If they're having a peaceful vigil and not disrupting the peace well then they are entitled to go about their peaceful protest.

There's a difference between a protest and a vigil.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

An award for not breaking the law and a bleeding heart crying for your misfortunate predicament if you do.

What a utopia xox

Murdered now equals a "misfortunate predicament" :rolleyes:

I think if I was offered a green card now I'd laugh.

No you're suggesting it though.

Make up your own mind.

If they're disrupting the flow of life and damaging property and disturbing traffic etc
    and if they're having a violent protest, they'll get whatever they are liable to receive.

If they're having a peaceful vigil and not disrupting the peace well then they are entitled to go about their peaceful protest.

There's a difference between a protest and a vigil.

Peaceful vigils dont work though??

The autorities and rich have sowed the seeds for revolt,with their carry on.....election of trump was an early indicator of this of people pissed off with being left behind econmically

Now people are finally ticked off with police carry-on it seems?

Theres no easy way back for the yanks here,but going in hard on protesters isnt going to work,ireland of all.countries can attest to this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Dayjur

cesspit of a country anyway who cares

I think if I was offered a green card now I'd laugh.

How about a red card or a blue card :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

What a utopia xox

Well done, you must be an absolute saint to have never broken even the speed limit. A true gentleman and an inspirational story for us all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement