Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,054 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Michael Jackson's kid on the front line.

https://twitter.com/ParisJackson/status/1266943692561985536

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Unlike the police video. no one is going to condone people getting attacked likethat.

I absolutely wouldnt take Andy Ngo's word that thats what happened though. We've no way of knowing who did what there other than what we see, if its as said, thats wrong. Again, his video starts just as the person he reckons is the "guy just defending someone with a flag" gets chased and attacked.

Its so lucky for Andy that he keeps just getting there with the camera at the second the person gets attacked.

Hes (Andy Ngo) a notorious liar that writes for Breitbart but now labeling himself as an "independent journalist". Hes no more a journalist that anyone else on twitter. He just built a following and is now one.

There is a special animus towards Andy from the radical left in America that isn't as strong against others.

Lot of that is purely down to him being Asian.

Lot of the modern American left see Asians as not falling in to line and nd place.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,636 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Overheal wrote: »
    I’d still like to know what about his past was crucial context in those 10 minutes though.

The defense are the ones who will show and present all this.

You can bet your bottom dollar. You don’t have to agree with it, but they will still most likely paint George as some threat, some ex con that was potentially a menace to Chauvin.

There will be a picture painted from start to finish by the defense that will try to show to a jury, and persuade to a jury that the police needed to handle the situation as they did..

This is simple stuff: Defenders defend. And they do so with all they can..

Michael Jackson's kid on the front line.

https://twitter.com/ParisJackson/status/1266943692561985536

It's a joint rebellion by the well heeled and gang bangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Billhook

Peaceful vigils dont work though??

The autorities and rich have sowed the seeds for revolt,with their carry on.....election of trump was an early indicator of this of people pissed off with being left behind econmically

Now people are finally ticked off with police carry-on it seems?

Theres no easy way back for the yanks here,but going in hard on protesters isnt going to work,ireland of all.countries can attest to this

I know what you mean, it's sad to see that people who have nothing have nothing to loose.

I'm totally against violence, because if I go out there damaging property or breathing the rules of the land, and in that land the punishment for going against the grain is violence.
    I'd be better off staying away from trouble.

What use am I to my family if I'm broken up, battered and have a criminal record all because I have a problem with the system.

• Advertisement

So, in the middle of a discussion about an interaction between 2 people, where 1 died at the others hands and the character of the person that dies is being attacked in a clear effort to apportion some blame for what happened to them, with repeated discussion of his past, at no point did you think the information you had, about the other persons bad past behaviour, which is directly relevant to heavy handed tactics by him (police) against suspects, was something that needed to be in the discussion? Oh , sorry ,you also might have just forgotten.

Pull the other one.

You need to let it go. You are coming across as a bully..

I gave my answer, and you are still bashing away..

We are in agreement that Chauvin’s past is relevant. 100 percent agreement.

Yet you are still baiting and pressing..

Take a time out...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Danzy wrote: »
    There is a special animus towards Andy from the radical left in America that isn't as strong against others.

Lot of the modern American left see Asians as not falling in to line and nd place.

Yes because the left are the real racists after all

Peaceful vigils dont work though??

The autorities and rich have sowed the seeds for revolt,with their carry on.....election of trump was an early indicator of this of people pissed off with being left behind econmically

Now people are finally ticked off with police carry-on it seems?

Theres no easy way back for the yanks here,but going in hard on protesters isnt going to work,ireland of all.countries can attest to this

The police in America are often ****ing nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

and none of it to do with being a lying grifter? Are Asians on the left against him for being asian too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

How does a picture get painted when he was in cuffs within a minute of coming into contact with cops..

Mind blowing! It's there in HD/SD video pretty clear cut there is no menace picture to paint.

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    You need to let it go. You are coming across as a bully..

I gave my answer, and you are still bashing away..

We are in agreement that Chauvin’s past is relevant. 100 percent t agree e t...

Yet you are still baiting and pressing..

Take a time out...

and you need to stop pretending to be impartial.

This was a 1 reply conversation you dragged out for hours by refusing to answer a question you still havnt answered.

How am I baiting by asking a straight up question. Baiting is replying to the same thing over and over but not answering , you know full well what youre at. Saying lots in the replies but deliberately avoiding the actual question.

I asked why Chauvins record wasnt relevant during the conversation and your reply numerous times was " yes ,i knew about his record".then you moved to "yes, his record is relevant" again, not answering the question. Then finally, you tried the "i must have forgotten to include it" route when it was the only subject of the discussion. funny how it never even entered your head to include it in a discussion about floyds past, even though you knew about it, until I asked why it hadnt been included.

Instead of telling me the same thing over and over, why not just answer the question. I think they might call that baiting.......

Yes because the left are the real racists after all

No but there is a lot of snobby tossers in the modern left.

People who 40 years ago would have gone on the missions and tried controlling some village to within an inch of its life and scream from the pulpit every Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Dayjur wrote: »
    cesspit of a country anyway who cares
    Shows how much you know

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

This was a 1 reply conversation you dragged out for hours by refusing to answer a question you still havnt answered.

And now he has answered it you have kept it going and going and going.

I get where you were coming from but jeez drop it now, he has answered but you keep poking and prodding for the answer again and again over and over.

Billhook wrote: »
    I know what you mean, it's sad to see that people who have nothing have nothing to loose.

I'm totally against violence, because if I go out there damaging property or breathing the rules of the land, and in that land the punishment for going against the grain is violence.
    I'd be better off staying away from trouble.

What use am I to my family if I'm broken up, battered and have a criminal record all because I have a problem with the system.

I dunno,what the solution is....but there seems to be zero appitide among the american elite to tackle seemingly obvious social.issue

Deos anyone honestly expect things to get better for your average yank over next 5 to 8 years under biden or trump??

That policeman isnt ever going to face justice,the world and its mother knows this,the rioters arent stupid,they know it too(could as easily be any of them.killed that way),misguided maybe,but not stupid....

theres an absolute vast pool of discontent,disillustionment and anger,that if someone taps into it

Would give them a v.powerful platform to push for reform....trump had it,and blew it spectacularly....idk.the way back for america here,but it cant keep going way it is

How am I baiting by asking a straight up question. Baiting is replying to the same thing over and over but not answering , you know full well what youre at. Saying lots in the replies but deliberately avoiding the actual question.

I asked why Chauvins record wasnt relevant during the conversation and your reply numerous times was " yes ,i knew about his record".then you moved to "yes, his record is relevant" again, not answering the question. Then finally, you tried the "i must have forgotten to include it" route when it was the only subject of the discussion"

Instead of telling me the same thing over and over, why not just answer the question. I think they might call that baiting.......

You’re way out of line now.

I answered it. Read again..

I am out. You have went out of your way non stop to “fight” me. It’s a little pathetic at this stage..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭standardg60

kevcos wrote: »
    A great way to avoid being on the ground and having a knee on your neck is not to be a criminal.
    That approach has worked for me and my friends, basically for everyone I know come to think of it.

Great all you need to tell us now is that you're a black person living in America

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Billhook

I get where you were coming from but jeez drop it now, he has answered but you keep poking and prodding for the answer again and again over and over.

That's what bullies and narcissist's do, keep on prodding away at people untill they get what they want.

Very right wing tactic is that.

I'm neither left or right, but more moderate and sensibility is more powerful than stupidity.

Liberty and justice for all...

Everyone should have an answer and let the system they voted in come up with the solution.

He hasnt actually. He said maybe he forgot. Which lets be honest , is bull****. The discussion was about the relevance of Floyds past, but he just forgot the Chauvin had a dodgy past? He also forgot that he forgot the first few times he replied?

He hasnt actually. He said maybe he forgot. Which lets be honest , is bull****. The discussion was about the relevance of Floyds past, but he just forgot the Chauvin had a dodgy past? He also forgot that he forgot the first few times he replied?

Has the heat gone to your head :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm neither left or right, but more moderate and sensibility is more powerful than stupidity.

Liberty and justice for all...

Everyone should have an answer and let the system they voted in come up with the solution.

:D:D:D

Yo suggested cracking the heads of Dublin protesters would sort them out.

silverharp wrote: »
    I wonder has the husband changed his mind on gun ownership or living in a Democratic state? something sad about not being able to protect your own wife or family

https://twitter.com/AndySwan/status/1267081816873328640

They were walking away, and then ANOTHER guy thought he was a SUPER HERO. WTF
    Screw loose, it was over, but Super Hero thought he could save they day and ended up getting his wife beat up.

Don't get involved, you can't win against an army, you're not a SUPER HERO.

I am out. You have went out of your way non stop to “fight” me. It’s a little pathetic at this stage..

I didnt. As I repeated over and over, I just wanted a simple question answered.

Never said I forgot that he had a dodgy past...

Read again...Post 2608

I said maybe I forgot to post it, maybe didn't feel need to etc..

Never said I forgot that he has a dodgy past

Seriously, let go. Stop your personal vendetta nonsense.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Or you could go somewhere else that more suits your scumbag attitude.

I quite like the Garda thanks. Well trained and polite.
    KiKi III wrote: »
    You described the killing of George Floyd as “reckless” but the looting of a shop (which is a building and some stuff that’s insured) as “despicable”.

What do you think that tells us about you?
    J. Marston wrote: »
    Why do people keep responding to him? That's what he wants. He thrives off riling people up. Ignore the twat.
    mdudy wrote: »
    you sound mental
    Blueshoe is a proud and loud supporter of the National party. Led by Ireland's very own neo-nazi Justin Barrett.

That might explain his outlook.
    So if I were to go over your post history, I wouldn't find a litany of racism right? This definitely isn't the reason why you're trying to create a particular narrative, right?
    What are you blowing off about ?

You're a bit unhinged and a bit of a bully I'd say.

If you're not happy with my post, fook off
    ...and there are more, but I've just quoted one post from each of you.

As you seem incapable of being civil you are all threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I'll clap to that, they're scumbags Antifa

Are Antifa left or right ?

Neither. They're anarchists.

They were walking away, and then ANOTHER guy thought he was a SUPER HERO. WTF
    Screw loose, it was over, but Super Hero thought he could save they day and ended up getting his wife beat up.

Don't get involved, you can't win against an army, you're not a SUPER HERO.

Will you ever cop on.

He was dealing with the worst ****s one could find. He paid a big price for standing up to them.

Will end up like West and East Germany, and maybe they'd be better off, pick a side , and live how you want and let them do they same.
    Divided States Of America

Will you ever cop on.

He was dealing with the worst ****s one could find. He paid a big price for standing up to them.

I think that was my exact point.

• Advertisement

Never said I forgot that he had a dodgy past...

Read again...Post 2608

I said maybe I forgot to post it, maybe didn't feel need to etc..

Never said I forgot that he has a dodgy past

Seriously, let go. Stop your personal vendetta nonsense.

I actually meant to word that that you forgot to mention it, not that you forgot he had a dodgy past. thats on me.

I stand by the opinion that you didnt forget though. it was a discussion about the past behaviour of one of 2 people in a specific incident, it was about the most relevant information there could be to the discussion, even more relevant than floyds past and lends to the overall point that you are in no way impartial but trying to sound impartial while introducing elements of doubt about one side only. Right from the start with " if its shown he resisted", while there was no suggestion he did and even if he had its irrelevant because by the time we pick it up , hes in cuffs with 3 cops on top of him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement