Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

2u2me wrote: »
    The only stories I can find about the white house are from yesterday warning about all the evils the maga people were going to do at the white house!

Well its a bit pointless if none of them showed up for dear leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

A lot of footwear inequality was solved this weekend.

Chiparus wrote: »
    Is the ethnic minority commiting more crimes per capita when cohorted by poverty level?

Baltimore has a higher murder rate than ****ing Mumbai. A city of 18.5 million impoverished souls compared to a city of .54 million.

The crime rate of black folk in America is mostly cultural.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

• Registered Users Posts: 36,057 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

https://twitter.com/alegna__nim/status/1267191335309553664

Another set up. Trying to get someone to take it, and then bust them. The cops are acting like kids in all this .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The murder rate and criminality in predominantly white areas suffering from poverty is higher. Is it because they are white?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Africa for the Africans. Works for me.

You're a descendant of Africa yourself so off you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

BoroMan32 wrote: »

Stateofyou has a doppelganger in America. Same needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    That's just whataboutery. Of course there is police brutality against white people. That's not the point. The point is there is a huge difference between the brutality and harassment of whites and minorities.

I wonder if asians, middle easterners and various other minorities get pissed off at virtue signalling whites coopting them into their narrative of police harrasement against non whites, when they actually mean police harrasement of blacks (guest starring Mexicans)

They probably do but dont understand that whitey knows whats best for em eh? :D

The murder rate and criminality in predominantly white areas suffering from poverty is higher. Is it because they are white?

Citations needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Amazing how relevant this song still is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXvBjCO19QY

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Looters looting looters........Such lovely people.

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1267199979623452672

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    Baltimore has a higher murder rate than ****ing Mumbai. A city of 18.5 million impoverished souls compared to a city of .54 million.

The crime rate of black folk in America is mostly cultural.

The murder rate is done per 100,000 people, so population isnt relevant.

Baltimore is particularly high but the whole of America has a murder rate 4.5 times higher than Mumbai from what I can find. 5.7 vs 1.3

The murder rate is done per 100,000 people, so populations isnt relevant.

Baltimore is particularly high but the whole of America has a murder rate 4.5 times higher than Mumbai.

Who is committing the majority of the murders?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Danzy wrote: »
    Stateofyou has a doppelganger in America. Same needs.
    When you have nothing of substance or intelligence to add to a conversation, this is what you get. Spectacular. At least try to be funny.

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    Who is committing the majority of the murders?

Murderers

:pac:

If only all cops were like this, problem solved

https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/1267169851593891840

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭wandererz

Isn't it great watching one's TV series and Movies coming to life while one watches from afar?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Homelander wrote: »
    Fact's can't be racist and can't be inaccurate unless they're wrong.

Context gives informed weight to facts. It doesn't change the facts.

I'll run through that so....

"Innocents who die at the hands of the police in the US are reflective of population share.Top many die the police there can be nuts but the death rate does not show any targeting."
    Black people are 5x more likely to be shot to death by police, so this whole point was inaccurate.

"The simple fact is that their is a serious problem with criminality in the African American community. It's not small but a massive over representation and a mass killer of black men, the leading cause of death for African American males under 65 is murder ffs."
    Assuming they are trying to claim murder is the main cause of death for black men under 65, this is also completely inaccurate. It is the leading cause of death for 18-34 year old males (who only make up a small fraction of the total under 65 deaths) but nowhere near it for under 65s, where heart disease alone causes 3x more deaths in 35-49 year olds, and 25x more in 50-64 year olds.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5687082/

"That's cultural, look at that rapper who gave an emotive speech in Atlanta, from a police family but his name is Killer Mike. Look at the pathetic gangster rap scene, the scale of gang membership. No doubt there is legacy issues but they aren't unique in that."
    This was just simple racism, nothing else. Killer Mike's name came from doing so well (killing it) at a rap battle that he got called a 'killer' by his mates because of it. I don't remember hearing similar claims about NHL player 'Killer' Kaminski in the or boxer Jesus Chavez. Here are the lyrics from the song 'Reagan' by this "gangster rapper" (and here is a link to his documentary series dealing with issues in the black community, while we're at it). Amongst other things, you'll note him calling gangs 'youth exploitation' right there at the bottom of the first paragraph.

The ballot or the bullet, some freedom or some bull****
    Will we ever do it big, or keep just settling for little ****
    We brag on having bread, but none of us are bakers
    We all talk having greens, but none of us on acres
    If none of us on acres, and none of us grow wheat
    Then who will feed our people when our people need to eat
    So it seems our people starve from lack of understanding
    Cos all we seem to give them is some balling and some dancing
    And some talking about our car and imaginary mansions
    We should be indicted for bull**** we inciting
    Hella children deaf and pretending it's exciting
    We are advertisements for agony and pain
    We exploit the youth, we tell them to join a gang
    We tell them dope stories, introduce them to the game
    Just like Oliver North introduced us to cocaine
    In the 80's when the bricks came on military planes

The end of the Reagan Era, I'm like number twelver
    Old enough to understand the ****'ll change forever
    They declared the war on drugs like a war on terror
    But what it really did was let the police terrorize whoever
    But mostly black boys, but they would call us "niggas"
    And lay us on our belly, while they fingers on they triggers
    They boots was on our head, they dogs was on our crotches
    And they would beat us up if we had diamonds on our watches
    And they would take our drugs and money, as they pick our pockets
    I guess that that's the privilege of policing for some profit
    But thanks to Reaganomics, prisons turned to profits
    Cos free labor is the cornerstone of US economics
    Cos slavery was abolished, unless you are in prison
    You think I am bull****ting, then read the 13th Amendment
    Involuntary servitude and slavery it prohibits
    That's why they giving drug offenders time in double digits
    Ronald Reagan was an actor, not at all a factor
    Just an employee of the country's real masters
    Just like the Bushes, Clinton and Obama
    Just another talking head telling lies on teleprompters
    If you don't believe the theory, then argue with this logic
    Why did Reagan and Obama both go after Qaddafi
    We invaded sovereign soil, going after oil
    Taking countries is a hobby paid for by the oil lobby
    Same as in Iraq, and Afghanistan
    And Ahmadinejad say they coming for Iran
    They only love the rich, and how they loathe the poor
    If I say any more they might be at my door
    Who the **** is that staring in my window
    Doing that surveillance on Mister Michael Render
    I'm dropping off the grid before they pump the lead
    I leave you with four words: I'm glad Reagan dead

"Parts of American cities like Baltimore, Philly, Chicago ETC have murder rates only seen in low level civil wars."
    Finally, something resembling accuracy, if a little hyperbolic in it's wording.

"Look at the West African demographic in America, one of the fastest growing income groups, massively over represente on Wall St. Fair ducks to them."
    I'd like to see something to show this isn't false as the rest of the post was, given that the almost all slaves who were brought over were from west Africa (approx 98% - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African-American_history#Regions_of_Africa ). Given that over half of all black people in the US are descended from slaves, this would mean that over half of the 40mn+ black people in the US are over represented on Wall St., which I'm going to go ahead and call bullsh*t on.

---

So yes, the other poster was right to say it was a racist post, riddled with inaccuracies to push said racist agenda, from Danzy.

Nice memory. Seed sown , this is how it will be for you.

https://twitter.com/ruth_beyene/status/1267204555374071808

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

You're a descendant of Africa yourself so off you go.

Actually the oldest human remains are from Europe not Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭standardg60

Danzy wrote: »
    Yourself and Stateofyou are surely trolling but who knows anymore.

Ok we're heading into deep water here but i'm enjoying the debate so let's keep it civil so no-one gets banned.
    Pointing out that different cultures have different 'values' is not racism imo.
    African cultures seem to have an 'every man for himself' idealism, but who can say that this has not emanated from colonisation?
    And in America slavery?
    And has slavery (where the nonchalant killing of black people was the norm) not pervaded in certain sections of white culture to this day?
    Consider our own attitude to travellers in this country. Do i consider them to have a different culture and different values and morals to me? Yes.
    Does that make me racist against them? I don't know.
    What i do know is that i wouldn't kneel on their neck until i was sure they were dead.

Car used as a weapon, glad it never ran into those cops, they thought it was one the them driving it. Not a missile.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭ElmoLaw

Actually the oldest human remains are from Europe not Africa.

its Morocco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

That's just whataboutery. Of course there is police brutality against white people. That's not the point. The point is there is a huge difference between the brutality and harassment of whites and minorities.

I was challenging your statement,
    • you stated "He wouldn't have been killed if he was white".
    • Me: "there are plenty of white people killed at the hands of police brutality".

Bambi wrote: »
    I wonder if asians, middle easterners and various other minorities get pissed off at virtue signalling whites coopting them into their narrative of police harrasement against non whites,

A person of Asian descent myself I've been following this carefully. The progressives are trying to label any other group doing well socio-economically as 'white'. This way it continually fits their narrative.

Just take a look at this article from the atlantic.

What everybody seems to be forgetting is that US Police officers are more likely to shoot whites than blacks.

"A new study confirms that black men and women are treated differently in the hands of law enforcement. They are more likely to be touched, handcuffed, pushed to the ground or pepper-sprayed by a police officer, even after accounting for how, where and when they encounter the police"

"But when it comes to the most lethal form of force — police shootings — the study finds no racial bias"

"officers were more likely to fire their weapons without having first been attacked when the suspects were white"

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/upshot/surprising-new-evidence-shows-bias-in-police-use-of-force-but-not-in-shootings.html#click=https://t.co/kbCZV1cBj6

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

What everybody seems to be forgetting is that US Police officers are more likely to shoot whites than blacks.

"A new study confirms that black men and women are treated differently in the hands of law enforcement. They are more likely to be touched, handcuffed, pushed to the ground or pepper-sprayed by a police officer, even after accounting for how, where and when they encounter the police"

"But when it comes to the most lethal form of force — police shootings — the study finds no racial bias"

"officers were more likely to fire their weapons without having first been attacked when the suspects were white"

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/upshot/surprising-new-evidence-shows-bias-in-police-use-of-force-but-not-in-shootings.html#click=https://t.co/kbCZV1cBj6

Better to be tried by twelve than carried by six.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Ok we're heading into deep water here but i'm enjoying the debate so let's keep it civil so no-one gets banned.
    Pointing out that different cultures have different 'values' is not racism imo.
    African cultures seem to have an 'every man for himself' idealism, but who can say that this has not emanated from colonisation?
    And in America slavery?
    And has slavery (where the nonchalant killing of black people was the norm) not pervaded in certain sections of white culture to this day?
    Consider our own attitude to travellers in this country. Do i consider them to have a different culture and different values and morals to me? Yes.
    Does that make me racist against them? I don't know.
    What i do know is that i wouldn't kneel on their neck until i was sure they were dead.

A considered post and 1 I don't have a problem with..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement