Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difference between ICloud and OneDrive?

Options
  • 27-05-2020 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭

Hi folks....
    .....not a techie wizard so bear with me.
    What is the difference between the ICloud and OneDrive?....
    To me OneDrive seems to be a place on Outlook 365 where you can store files,audio clips etc ....so what is the ICloud?....my understanding it’s a storage area shared among your devices to which you can store things.

I needed to save some Voice memos for Work....using this IPhone 6.
    Went into save option and saved them to ICloud...
    So how do I access them now from the phone....should I have a username or use my personal or work email for it.
    Don’t recall setting one up for the ICloud!.....now some of ye are prob thinking....’ Jaysus this lad isn’t too technologically gifted but would appreciate a walkthrough on how to find my voice memos again:)

Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

iCloud is for Apple products and tied to your Apple ID.

OneDrive is through Outlook 365 and tied to a Microsoft 365 account which is accessible on laptops and iPhones alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

iCloud is for Apple products and tied to your Apple ID.

OneDrive is through Outlook 365 and tied to a Microsoft 365 account which is accessible on laptops and iPhones alike.

So how do I access the ICloud to retrieve the voice memos!
    Thanks for your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

JUst go tp https://www.icloud.com/ and login with your apple id.

I don't think you can access voice memos there though but only through the voice app on your phone.

Advertisement