Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to GoMo

Options
  • 27-05-2020 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if you need to explicitly cancel an Eir Mobile subscription if you are moving to GoMo or do they take care of it automatically?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭leche solara

It's an automatic process

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭jrmb

Strangely, considering that GoMo is a sibsidiary of Eir, GoMo's billing process is far more efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭vidapura

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

jrmb wrote: »
    Strangely, considering that GoMo is a sibsidiary of Eir, GoMo's billing process is far more efficient.

Yeah, GoMo uses a totally separate billing system to Eir.

JTMan wrote: »
    Yeah, GoMo uses a totally separate billing system to Eir.
    It looks like the infrastructure is the same, but GoMo hasn't screwed it up.

• Advertisement

Well, the deed is done.. I'm on GoMo now.
    Just waiting to see what happens at the end of the month.
    Presumably there will be some snafu with Eir and billing..

vidapura wrote: »
    Well, the deed is done.. I'm on GoMo now.
    Just waiting to see what happens at the end of the month.
    Presumably there will be some snafu with Eir and billing..
    You should be OK if it was a 30-day contract, and if you haven't had any difficulties with them before.

yah, it WAS a 30 day contract as you say.
    So, hopefully they won't screw it up.

yah, it WAS a 30 day contract as you say.
    So, hopefully they won't screw it up.
    They continued sending me bills for a few months to say that my account was in credit. I called them and asked them to rectify it and the agent said that the balance would be sent to my bank account, but it wasn't. Then I signed up for home broadband in February and I enquired about the balance from my previous account. They said it could be credited to my new broadband account.

Now, since February, I haven't received any bills, by post, email or through My Eir. In May, they sent me an SMS saying that my €40 bill hadn't been paid, within a week of an agent telling me that the account was €80 in credit. My bank charged €10 for the direct debit which didn't clear, even though that didn't put my Eir account into arrears.

To this day, I don't have access to my bills. Today, I sent a proper complaint and requested them under GDPR. It's an intolerable mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

ye - I would never go near them or any subsidiary because of past issues with them and knowing someone who worked for their accounts team before. The brand is dead to me.

• Advertisement

kenmm wrote: »
    ye - I would never go near them or any subsidiary because of past issues with them and knowing someone who worked for their accounts team before. The brand is dead to me.
    This is why it's a surprise that GoMo is so efficient, at a quarter the cost to the customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

There's another thread on Boards about problem's people have had with GOMO. Can't find it this minute

Thats a pain in the ass for you alright.
    Hope you get sorted soon.

They continued sending me bills for a few months to say that my account was in credit. I called them and asked them to rectify it and the agent said that the balance would be sent to my bank account, but it wasn't. Then I signed up for home broadband in February and I enquired about the balance from my previous account. They said it could be credited to my new broadband account.

Now, since February, I haven't received any bills, by post, email or through My Eir. In May, they sent me an SMS saying that my €40 bill hadn't been paid, within a week of an agent telling me that the account was €80 in credit. My bank charged €10 for the direct debit which didn't clear, even though that didn't put my Eir account into arrears.

To this day, I don't have access to my bills. Today, I sent a proper complaint and requested them under GDPR. It's an intolerable mess.

Well.. not quite the billing disaster I was expecting.. but a mess still...

Got a "your new bill is now available" email from Eir saying that my bill is : €-2.62 !!!

Sigh..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Got a "your new bill is now available" email from Eir saying that my bill is : €-2.62 !!!

Sigh..

Why is it a mess....they owe you 2.62, but you'll probably have to spend 10 hours on the phone to Eir customer "service" to get it refunded

Think you've answered your own question there... ;)
    Ten Pin wrote: »
    Why is it a mess....they owe you 2.62, but you'll probably have to spend 10 hours on the phone to Eir customer "service" to get it refunded

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Breezin

Sigh..

I've been getting an email from them for years telling me my bill is €-7. And I was never an Eir customer.

Breezin wrote: »
    I've been getting an email from them for years telling me my bill is €-7. And I was never an Eir customer.

Meteor?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Breezin

Meteor?
    OK. I admit it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Had a similar issue moving across from eir. They owe me about €6.50. Continuely getting bills stating that they owe me money. For some reason I can't get through on 1905. Tried requesting a refund through their online form (which would only accept whole numbers for the value of the refund), that was rejected for some unknown reason and I was directed to call 1905. Can't get them on online support either! Will need to figure out some way of getting through to them, but I'm not abandoning it 😂

Shambles of a company.

• Advertisement

Sigh,
    My move to GoMo went fine so I got my wife to move over this week... and lo and behold .. its a car crash.

She can't get mobile data to work.

Calls and texts are ok.. but the mobile data is not working..
    And after hours online with support its STILL no working..

Why oh Why did I think moving would be a good idea.. sigh..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Ten Pin wrote: »

Eir Customer Service..... What an oxymoron. Sharon from the "Block" you mean....and as prickly as a porupines arse.

Advertisement